Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-05-2020, 04:55 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post Ford Ranger Tradesman.

"Ford Australia has thrown a bunch of extras on its Ranger XL to bring tougher appeal and better value in this limited edition model.
Available only as a special edition kit on the Ranger XL 4×4 dual-cab ute with the model’s stalwart 3.2-litre five-cylinder turbo diesel engine mated to a six-speed auto. The price rises just $1000 for more than $5000 of added value at $51,790 plus on-road costs.

The extras include black 16-inch alloy wheels, side steps, black nudge bar with an LED lightbar, a tow bar and a plastic tray liner in the back. The same rear cargo bar carries over rather than a sportsbar like you’d find on models such as the Ford Ranger Sport – itself based on the higher-spec XLS but missing a front nudge bar.
Still, the XL comes equipped with an electronic locking rear diff, hill descent control, rear parking sensors, reversing camera, Sync 3 touchscreen infotainment with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, AEB with pedestrian detection, traffic sign recognition and lane departure warning. Other standard features include fabric trim interior with manually-adjustable seats.

Colour options available are white, silver, blue, red, black and grey on the much tougher looking XL Ranger. Will it be enough to lift Ford’s sales this month after a disastrous April? Doubtful it will alone, but industry sources say that sales are looking like they will trend healthier in May which might not be as brutal.
The Ford Ranger Tradesman is available for order at Ford dealership now, with the blue oval offering a variety of contactless options to test drive and purchase cars. https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car...7t_IYb0VOYmCmU

Get new car reviews like this and more delivered to you without lifting a finger. Simply join our Facebook page or subscribe to our weekly newsletter (it’s free)."
Old 12-05-2020, 04:57 PM   #2
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Default Re: Ford Ranger Tradesman.

Why do they bother with recommended retail pricing. Has anyone ever paid over $50k for a stock XL Ranger?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-05-2020, 07:02 PM   #3
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I would say a tradesman would get a better trade vehicle with a single cab and not the tiny little tray that is a dual cab.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-05-2020, 10:27 PM   #4
Eurotrash

I'm surprised they haven't done a Ranger Longreach yet ….
Eurotrash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2020, 09:25 AM   #5
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash View Post
I'm surprised they haven't done a Ranger Longreach yet ….
Or an Everest Maverick !
Old 15-05-2020, 11:37 AM   #6
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Or an Everest Maverick !
The focus based ute is rumoured to be called Maverick. I think Ford have trademarked the name in the US now. Or at least renewed the trademark, considering they probably already had the name as used on the 70's model small car.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2020, 01:03 PM   #7
Eurotrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Or an Everest Maverick !
Lol! That actually has a nice ring to it.
Old 15-05-2020, 01:23 PM   #8
Eurotrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
The focus based ute is rumoured to be called Maverick. I think Ford have trademarked the name in the US now. Or at least renewed the trademark, considering they probably already had the name as used on the 70's model small car.
If Ford Australia had any sense, they would fast track the Focus based Ute here as soon as possible! And I'd have no problem if they were to call it a Maverick.

I'm tired of hearing manufacturers in this country tell us that 'those types of utes just don't sell in this country'. Well of course they don't, because no one bothers to sell any of them here!! And the ones that were imported previously, actually sold well and still have people to this day looking out for them in the used car market.

It'll only take one manufacturer, and I'm hoping it'll be Ford, to release a compact ute in Australia and I bet it'll sell in good numbers. Then watch all the competition literally fall over themselves to get in on the act.

Another one that I think could have a lot of potential, is the Dacia/Renault Duster Oroch 4dr Ute. Renault Australia had previously looked at it, but I think they're waiting on the new generation to break cover, before making up their minds. Adding to Australia's cause will be the fact South Africa wants it too and the Duster SUV is already sold in that market.

Interestly, Nissan of South Africa has been selling the little Nissan NP200 bakkie there for some years, which is in fact a rebadged Dacia Logan Ute.
Old 15-05-2020, 01:54 PM   #9
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash View Post
If Ford Australia had any sense, they would fast track the Focus based Ute here as soon as possible! And I'd have no problem if they were to call it a Maverick.

I'm tired of hearing manufacturers in this country tell us that 'those types of utes just don't sell in this country'. Well of course they don't, because no one bothers to sell any of them here!! And the ones that were imported previously, actually sold well and still have people to this day looking out for them in the used car market.

It'll only take one manufacturer, and I'm hoping it'll be Ford, to release a compact ute in Australia and I bet it'll sell in good numbers. Then watch all the competition literally fall over themselves to get in on the act.

Another one that I think could have a lot of potential, is the Dacia/Renault Duster Oroch 4dr Ute. Renault Australia had previously looked at it, but I think they're waiting on the new generation to break cover, before making up their minds. Adding to Australia's cause will be the fact South Africa wants it too and the Duster SUV is already sold in that market.

Interestly, Nissan of South Africa has been selling the little Nissan NP200 bakkie there for some years, which is in fact a rebadged Dacia Logan Ute.
Being Focus based ,hopefully that means RHD will be available.
Old 16-05-2020, 10:56 AM   #10
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Being Focus based ,hopefully that means RHD will be available.
Actually based on Transit Connect (beam axle rear), not sure they even thought about RHD.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2020, 11:00 AM   #11
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
Why do they bother with recommended retail pricing. Has anyone ever paid over $50k for a stock XL Ranger?
I believe it's part of the mystique of RRP and the built in room for discount.
I used to struggle with the thought of $60,000 XLTs but people pay it.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2020, 12:19 PM   #12
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Actually based on Transit Connect (beam axle rear), not sure they even thought about RHD.
Transit Connect is on the Focus platform too though right?

All variations of the same basic platform?