Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-11-2021, 07:40 PM   #1
MarmiteTheDog

Default Territory SZ spares source with overseas shipping

Quite a narrow request, but I'm hoping someone can help with a recommendation.

I have a 2011 Terry SZ TCDi Platinum and I am looking for a supplier who has spares and is willing to ship them to Thailand.

Ford Thailand are completely unhelpful and dredging through Ebay listings is hopeless. Initially, I would be looking for a few interior trim pieces (driver's door pull/armrest, screw covers, 3rd row seat release handle, remote/headphones/manual for the DVD player, a spare key (maybe even preprogrammed for my car)...

I'm sure more stuff will come to light, but these are my initial needs.

You guys have been really helpful in the past with previous vehicles of mine, so I'm hoping for another result.

Cheers!

2020 Kawasaki Z900RS SE
2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor
1998 VFR800

MarmiteTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2021, 08:40 PM   #2
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Territory SZ spares source with overseas shipping

Maybe start in this thread with GTLEGEND and see if you have any luck.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11486578
arm79 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2021, 09:11 PM   #3
MarmiteTheDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
Maybe start in this thread with GTLEGEND and see if you have any luck.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11486578

Thanks!

He has helped me in the past - and actually is a genuine legend.

2020 Kawasaki Z900RS SE
1998 VFR800

3 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2021, 09:54 PM   #4
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

he really is the legend for new parts

or would you be happy with S/H parts? ( I cannot help, dont own one)
Old 09-11-2021, 09:58 PM   #5
MarmiteTheDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
he really is the legend for new parts

or would you be happy with S/H parts? ( I cannot help, dont own one)

I think the interior pieces would be better new, but I presume the DVD stuff would only be available second-hand. So, if anyone out there has them and is willing to ship...

2020 Kawasaki Z900RS SE
1998 VFR800

Old 10-11-2021, 11:44 PM   #6
Magna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you have the Alpine DVD player you can buy the Alpine RU4159 remote off ebay or any alpine dealer. You can also get generic aftermarket IR headphones which will work.

Here is a link to the Alpine PKG-RSE2 DVD player, which is almost identical to the Ford unit except for the FM transmitter:

https://vault.alpine-usa.com/product...-RSE2%20OM.PDF
Magna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2021, 01:31 PM   #7
MarmiteTheDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna View Post
If you have the Alpine DVD player you can buy the Alpine RU4159 remote off ebay or any alpine dealer. You can also get generic aftermarket IR headphones which will work.

Here is a link to the Alpine PKG-RSE2 DVD player, which is almost identical to the Ford unit except for the FM transmitter:

https://vault.alpine-usa.com/product...-RSE2%20OM.PDF

Hi Magna. Yes, I have seen those. Sadly, none of the ones I contacted are willing to ship to Thailand. I'm not sure what's going on, but I used to buy loads of stuff from Ebay, but now it seems that only Chinese & UK sellers are willing to ship outside their little bubbles.

2020 Kawasaki Z900RS SE
1998 VFR800

Old 11-11-2021, 01:34 PM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Is there a freight forwarding service you could use? Buy what you need, it goes to an Australian address, then they ship it to you via various freight companies.

I used to do this with tools ex USA about a decade ago when they wouldn't ship to Australia directly.

There's a lot of freight coming into Australia from Thailand, maybe not so much return - could be cheap?

Half the problem is e-commerce businesses in Australia are an absolute joke, if Australia Post can't do it or it goes outside their usual process then apparently it's impossible.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2021, 01:53 PM   #9
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmiteTheDog View Post
I'm not sure what's going on, but I used to buy loads of stuff from Ebay, but now it seems that only Chinese & UK sellers are willing to ship outside their little bubbles.
I think you'll find there is a question of reliability and liability in getting parcels sent. Things are being missorted and lost and its costing people money as the sender is typically responsible until it lands at your door.

Dad uses Australia Post every day to send items around and right now its quoted as 9 business days from Brisbane to Melbourne using express post. Apparently it's even longer sending within Victoria.

He's had stuff go missing or sit in black holes for days. He sent something from Qld to Taylors Lakes 2.5 weeks ago and it got miss sorted and has only arrived this morning. Tracking says it was dropped into the mailbox at 1am this morning, which is a problem in itself because its a signature required item.

A friend showed us a tracking number for some car parts from Campbellfield to Warragul. It was posted on the 12/10. It has travelled the entire country 3 times and been back and forth between Melbourne and Sydney 10 times. Right now its lost and stuck in Sydney.

Someone on here from NZ was looking for parts to service his car and said he wont buy from Australia at the moment because everything is so unreliable.

I know its only a small sample, but business are scared to post at the moment.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:50 PM   #10
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
I think you'll find there is a question of reliability and liability in getting parcels sent. Things are being missorted and lost and its costing people money as the sender is typically responsible until it lands at your door.

Dad uses Australia Post every day to send items around and right now its quoted as 9 business days from Brisbane to Melbourne using express post. Apparently it's even longer sending within Victoria.

He's had stuff go missing or sit in black holes for days. He sent something from Qld to Taylors Lakes 2.5 weeks ago and it got miss sorted and has only arrived this morning. Tracking says it was dropped into the mailbox at 1am this morning, which is a problem in itself because its a signature required item.

A friend showed us a tracking number for some car parts from Campbellfield to Warragul. It was posted on the 12/10. It has travelled the entire country 3 times and been back and forth between Melbourne and Sydney 10 times. Right now its lost and stuck in Sydney.

Someone on here from NZ was looking for parts to service his car and said he wont buy from Australia at the moment because everything is so unreliable.

I know its only a small sample, but business are scared to post at the moment.
This is exactly why you shouldn't use Australia Post if you run an e-commerce business because they're an absolute joke and always have been, its just worse now at minimum people should be using their business to business arm - Startrack Express.

I recently received a 17kg carton from FNQ via Startrack Express, it only cost $35 inc and took 6 days to go from Cairns to Melbourne via road freight and thats with a public holiday on both ends.

Anyone in North West/Western suburbs, its taking 3-4 weeks to receive anything via Australia Post due to the dramas they're having at their Sunshine sorting yard, it gets to Sunshine and disappears into thin air for weeks at a time, thats what would have effected that consignment to Taylors Lakes, I'm living this daily at the moment because its effecting me at work.

I keep telling all my customers under no circumstances are you to send me anything via Australia Post unless you want your customers car stuck on your hoist for the next 6 weeks.

If you want to get something to NZ, DHL International will get it to your customer next business day before they have lunch, I've been landing stuff in Auckland and Christchurch next day no dramas.

Hell they've even been getting us pallets from Barcelona to Melbourne in just over a week.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 11-11-2021 at 08:55 PM.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:56 PM   #11
MarmiteTheDog

Jeez! ThaiPost looks positively 1st World in comparison!

2020 Kawasaki Z900RS SE
1998 VFR800

This user likes this post:
Old 11-11-2021, 11:37 PM   #12
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
This is exactly why you shouldn't use Australia Post if you run an e-commerce business because they're an absolute joke and always have been, its just worse now at minimum people should be using their business to business arm - Startrack Express.
Dad doesn't run an e-commerce business. But unfortunately AusPost Express Post is the only product in Australia that ticks all his requirement boxes. Not even TNT or Toll fit the bill. Take even one of these requirements away it hurts his business. Plus his insurer is against the use of road freight, which he cant afford the time either.

Star Track is no better. They mostly use AusPost sorting centres. Their overnight satchel service definitely does. They are even delivered by AusPost posties as well.

We have tried to move away, but just cant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Anyone in North West/Western suburbs, its taking 3-4 weeks to receive anything via Australia Post due to the dramas they're having at their Sunshine sorting yard, it gets to Sunshine and disappears into thin air for weeks at a time, thats what would have effected that consignment to Taylors Lakes, I'm living this daily at the moment because its effecting me at work.
In this case it was missorted to Pakenham and on its journey back got stuck at the North Melbourne sorting centre where it fell into a black hole. Apparently North Melbourne is a mega problem at the moment too.

Speaking to AusPost, the person told me, whether it is true or not, that if a sorting centre employee is diagnosed with Covid they immediately shut the facility down, send everyone home to quarantine, do a deep clean of the facility, while trying to find replacement staff to fill in. All the while stuff keeps building up.

Interesting thing is, 50% of his stuff is arriving into receivers in the east, west and CBD generally within 3 days. Return stuff to him seems to be mostly 2 days.
Old 11-11-2021, 11:48 PM   #13
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Dad doesn't run an e-commerce business. But unfortunately AusPost Express Post is the only product in Australia that ticks all his requirement boxes. Not even TNT or Toll fit the bill. Take even one of these requirements away it hurts his business. Plus his insurer is against the use of road freight, which he cant afford the time either.

Star Track is no better. They mostly use AusPost sorting centres. Their overnight satchel service definitely does. They are even delivered by AusPost posties as well.

We have tried to move away, but just cant.

In this case it was missorted to Pakenham and on its journey back got stuck at the North Melbourne sorting centre where it fell into a black hole. Apparently North Melbourne is a mega problem at the moment too.

Speaking to AusPost, the person told me, whether it is true or not, that if a sorting centre employee is diagnosed with Covid they immediately shut the facility down, send everyone home to quarantine, do a deep clean of the facility, while trying to find replacement staff to fill in. All the while stuff keeps building up.

Interesting thing is, 50% of his stuff is arriving into receivers in the east, west and CBD generally within 3 days. Return stuff to him seems to be mostly 2 days.
Interesting because I haven't had too many dramas with Startrack inside metropolitan areas, it's mostly next business day metro to metro nationally and $16.50 for a 5kg satchel for air freight - they're a pain in the *** out rural though as they use Australia Post retail for last mile delivery, as soon as you cross the metropolitan line then forget it.

Though mind you they got something out of Adelaide at 4PM and delivered it to Maffra in regional VIC by 10:30AM the next morning so they can work miracles if the stars align.

Maybe it depends on the sorting yards and local drivers, Couriers Please is like that, some areas have a good driver and some are absolutely hopeless and it's the difference between the where's my **** phonecall or a happy customer.

Sunshine had 200 staff in isolation at one point, its within Brimbank LGA which is ranking the second highest COVID cases in VIC, its neighbour is Hume which was the worst.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elbournhe.html

Their solution was to stop picking up Australia Post retail parcels from businesses, they were still doing Startrack though.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 11-11-2021 at 11:57 PM.