Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 14-11-2021, 02:23 PM   #1
93Festiva
Starter Motor

Default Anyone know what this is for?

Hi everyone. I've got a 1993 Festiva WA that I recently swapped an Australian market cluster into. Everything works, but according to a GPS speedometer the cluster speedo is out by roughly 12 km/h at about 50 km/h. I am running the stock 12" tire size, and noticed on the back of the speedo that there is a metal lever on one side that can move into 3 different spots. Does anyone know what it is for and know what position it should be in? Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speedometer2 (2).jpg (69.3 KB, 33 views)
93Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2021, 12:15 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Anyone know what this is for?

There is nothing mentioned in the Australian workshop manual, I would suggest something to calibrate the speedo accuracy maybe?

Ill keep searching, but nothing I can find thus far?
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post