Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-04-2022, 10:06 AM   #1
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Does Toyota Australia HQ still have that feeling?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-...tion/100973328

I know a guy that has been through a heap of crap from this mob.
EBSXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2022, 11:33 AM   #2
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Does Toyota Australia HQ still have that feeling?

Why is Toyota needlessly wounding itself, it should be making good on promises and keeping faith with buyers.
This could be a big opportunity for Ford to surge on Ranger and Everest sales.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-04-2022, 12:13 PM   #3
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Why is Toyota needlessly wounding itself, it should be making good on promises and keeping faith with buyers.
This could be a big opportunity for Ford to surge on Ranger and Everest sales.
Ford has also such a bad reputation that many buyers would not consider a Ford no matter how good the Product. Once the damage is done it is very hard if not almost impossible to repair.

All Car Companies have issues but it how the Dealers and Companies handle the issues.

Since there is no longer a Car Manufacturing industry the kid glove approach to Consumer rights re Cars on the surface appears to being enforced.

If Toyota has to payout over 2 Billion Dollars some of the other brands may start to treat their customers properly.

I have no doubt most of the motoring media will gloss over this as they are more worried about Toyota's advertising $ than the truth.
EBSXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2022, 01:00 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Mazda Australia is also back in court when the ACCC appealed the courts decision

https://www.drive.com.au/news/mazda-...peals-finding/

We just have poor consumer protections in Australia which is why all these brands try it on.

Also the fines are a joke - what's 10 million bucks to a global company? It would be like us getting a fine for 25 cents.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 17-04-2022 at 01:06 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2022, 01:06 PM   #5
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
We just have poor consumer protections in Australia which is why all these brands try it on.
We have very strong laws, however it is prohibitively expensive for an individual to mount a case, compared to very limited reward.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2022, 02:22 PM   #6
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
We have very strong laws, however it is prohibitively expensive for an individual to mount a case, compared to very limited reward.
And boy, don’t the motor companies know it, I’m still disgusted with the way Fiesta and Focus buyers were treated by Ford over the crappy Powershift transmission.., Ford who had to be made do the right thing, dragging kicking and screaming when they knew internally that there was a problem from the start.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2022, 02:35 PM   #7
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And boy, don’t the motor companies know it, I’m still disgusted with the way Fiesta and Focus buyers were treated by Ford over the crappy Powershift transmission.., Ford who had to be made do the right thing, dragging kicking and screaming when they knew internally that there was a problem from the start.
I know the actuaries would have determined the risk of taking the path Ford chose, I just wonder what value they put on product/brand reputation and future loss of sales compared to a properly handled dealing with customers and maybe an enhancement of their public reputation and future potential sales.

Imagine if say Ford had of said to each complainant, we are very sorry, we'll repair the transmission as best as we can and should you wish to buy a new model down the track we will give you a $1,000 discount? If that had of dragged in a further 500-1000 buyers per year they would have been ahead financially and in public perception a billions dollars in front.

Edit. My daughter has a SA Focus Titanium and it's a brilliant car.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 17-04-2022 at 02:42 PM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2022, 02:52 PM   #8
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The way they deal with customers is one of the biggest things in my opinion. I know when it came time to grab a new run around I wasn't even considering a ford vehicle because of the whole powershift drama and the way the ford dealers had dealt with me and my families vehicles in the past. Most my family now drive toyotas and any dramas they have had seem to be handled 10x better than ford ever did.

One instance that blew me away was on my parents fortuna. The drivers seat bolster was getting a little worn looking at 70 000ks. It looked pretty normal wear and tear to me for a modern vehicle. Toyota took it upon themselves without us even saying a word about it to replace the whole seat with a new one, coming from dealing with ford in the past this blew my mind.

If there is a drama with a vehicle the manufacturers need to deal with it straight away or people will walk away and never come back.
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2022, 08:02 PM   #9
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBSXR6 View Post
Ford has also such a bad reputation that many buyers would not consider a Ford no matter how good the Product. Once the damage is done it is very hard if not almost impossible to repair.

All Car Companies have issues but it how the Dealers and Companies handle the issues.

Since there is no longer a Car Manufacturing industry the kid glove approach to Consumer rights re Cars on the surface appears to being enforced.

If Toyota has to payout over 2 Billion Dollars some of the other brands may start to treat their customers properly.

I have no doubt most of the motoring media will gloss over this as they are more worried about Toyota's advertising $ than the truth.
I bought a new Ford, once (McInerney Ford Morley), never ever again! Both the sales and so called after sales service was by the worst. Since then, have bought 1 new Holden and 2 new Toyota's, without issue. I love my old Fords but could never bring myself to deal with Ford again.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2022, 08:46 PM   #10
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford have changed.
I ve moved to another brand because Ford like others marched up market and deserted the small car segment.
But
In my dealings from 2013 to 2021 with our local Ford dealer with our powershift Fiesta had nothing but great support.
And again with my 2015 Focus from 2017 to 2020 again top service loan car etc etc.
No beefs … if I had the desire and capability to buy a current new Ford product I would not hesitate.
But their prices are outside my reach now.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2022, 10:13 PM   #11
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Ford have changed.
I think that you are one of the lucky ones. I think others see it differently

Product Review Ford dealers

Mind you, Toyota does not fair much better

And yes, the negative experience people are perhaps more likely to comment but if Ford had truly changed, I would have thought that there would be less negative commentary as well as less 'recent' negative commentary
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2022, 11:02 PM   #12
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The treatment from Ford was pathetic, but the experience varied from dealer to dealer. Westpoint Ford in Hoppers Crossing we’re horrible to deal with and I will never have anything to do with them again. They dragged it out for three years. One visit to Rex Gorell in Geelong and mum walked out in a brand new Focus a week later. They were fantastic and so easy to deal with.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2022, 07:59 AM   #13
Rob 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I must be one of the lucky one’s, always had great service from our Ford dealer. Only Ford we have really had trouble with was the bloody Focus and they dealt with it admirably.
Anyway back to Toyota.............