Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-08-2024, 02:16 PM   #5971
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
A week or two ago I finally went down to Bunnings to buy that foam door seal stuff because I'm sick of this cold shit. Luckily just before the Crowdstrike disaster

Anyways I put it all on but I couldn't close the doors without serious effort and the front door would not stay closed shut without the dead bolt. But it did help with keeping the temperature nice while it was there.

So I ripped it all off because it was not practical which was a struggle with the self adhesive.

Today I finally got around to trying to clean it all up. **** me that was hard but between acetone and meth spirits I got it all off mostly.

I rinse the cloth and think it's all good and chuck it in the wash. My whole laundry smells like it now.
I hate that!
Funny how you say your doors were hard to close, I had the same experience once trying to do the same, complete failure, I think you need to have the doors readjusted which was beyond my pay grade.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-08-2024, 07:33 PM   #5972
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

No, shave the foam thinner with a hard-backed razor blade. Or use different foams on different sides of the jamb. Eyeball and measure before buying and sticking.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM   #5973
HIPO
Al

We all know that we're ripped badly when grocery shopping, but watched a recent US $20 shopping session at a grocery chain in Iran & we'd be lucky to get 1/4 of what they can......products & choices looked good too.
HIPO is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM   #5974
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Did they have the beef “bacon”?
2 users like this post:
Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM   #5975
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPO View Post
We all know that we're ripped badly when grocery shopping, but watched a recent US $20 shopping session at a grocery chain in Iran & we'd be lucky to get 1/4 of what they can......products & choices looked good too.
I get your point, but they probably don't have the theft rate which makes shopping more expensive. Bet they don't have millions in retail theft every year. Besides who wants to get hung for stealing an expensive steak or packet of razors.
Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM   #5976
HIPO
Al

So many reasons behind it, but we wear the cost while they keep making record profits........
HIPO is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #5977
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Today, while polishing the nearside guard of my ute, I had temporarily disconnected the side repeater so I could wax its recessed seat along with rest of the panel.

First the repeater lens came loose from the body. Then the globe’s orange coating disappeared in a puff of air. To round things out, the wiring “tail” then dropped back into the bowels of the guard - from where it took me a few minutes with torch plus clawed pick-up tool to retrieve.
2 users like this post: