Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-05-2006, 12:39 AM   #31
Mondie
Firm member

Yep true enough XR-Strider_Guy, my resale comment is particulary true now but as the market does become saturated you would expect the retained value to still better the guzzlers.

The GT Sti was $60k but there are many cheaper variants that enjoy similar economy but of course lesser power. It obviously compares directly to the FPV's which l shopped it against.

Cheers
Mondie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2006, 12:58 AM   #32
xfalconz

I bought my BAmk2 XR6T In January for $40,000. Now with the BF model out, fuel prices and generaly the way large Aussie built cars depreciate ive probabaly lost 25% of its value already.
My old WRX only lost that amount over 3 years, so quality Japanese and European small/medium cars hold their value a lot better!
Anyway with regard to swapping a car coz of fuel prices forget it. If you like driving and like a large performance car then theres no point complaining about fuel prices.
As soon as i drive out of the servo ive forgotten how much it costs coz i enjoy driving my car so much AND THATS WHAT COUNTS.
xfalconz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post