Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 08-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default National Funny Car Record For Stevens

Australian Drag Racing icon Brett 'The Boss' Stevens has kept his recent record breaking form intact by claiming the National Top Alcohol Funny Car record in front of the huge crowd that packed into the Western Sydney International Dragway for the Nitro Champs on the weekend (May
5-6).

The man to beat all weekend in the Top Alcohol bracket, Stevens piloted his 3500 horsepower Kitten Car Care Products Funny Car to an incredible 5.60 second pass at 258mph (415kph) over the quarter mile strip to
eclipse the old mark of 5.64 seconds.

"I knew the car had the power and we could run quick times, it was just a matter of finding the right setup for the conditions," Stevens said.

"We have also been experimenting with our rear wing assemblies to try and find a way of keeping the car more stable with the aggressive tune
ups."

"Everything just seemed to fall into place this weekend and the car was running straight and hard and we now have a combination that is only
going to get faster."

"The Australian record is a great reward for the team after only a
little over 18 months competing in the Top Alcohol bracket."

Despite having a damaged engine and running a quicker time, Stevens was eventually eliminated in the semi final by just 6 thousandths of a second when Sydney's Dean Oakey managed to out react him at the start
line.

Doing double duties over the weekend competing in the Top Bike bracket aboard his Jack Daniel's Racing Nitro Harley as well as in Top Alcohol, Stevens also managed to collect the runner up trophy in Top Bike, but lost ground in the chase for back to back National Championships.

"My bike wasn't on song all weekend but despite being down on power, I was still in the number 3 position after qualifying," Stevens said.

"We changed a number of things to try to find where our power was as it was vital that I won this event to remain a chance at taking the title,
but Jay Upton was just too good."

"Mathematically I am still a chance so we will go back to the workshop, get my bike back at its peak and make sure we put on a good show at the
Winternationals in a months time."

Stevens team mate Troy McLean aboard the teams second Jack Daniel's Racing Nitro Harley also had a great weekend, qualifying in the number 2 position and only going out of the competition after being knocked out
in the semi finals of Top Bike by 'The Boss'.

"Although neither Brett or myself won the event, to have the team's two bikes qualify in the number 2 and 3 positions is still a good result,"
McLean said.

"I am now really looking forward to the Winternationals, last year I won the event so it would be great to finish off the 2006 season the same
way."

The Australian Drag Racing Championship will come to a spectacular conclusion at the Winternationals held at Queensland's Willowbank
Raceway from June 9-11.

Pace Yourself. Please Drink Responsibly.

story NMD

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1114206C-D315-BC88-E18F69FCEFD83F9B.jpg (32.0 KB, 28 views)

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #2
rodderz

His cars and bikes are always very well prepared, and for such a busy schedule he does well in the lot

Another good event us Vic's cant watch!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 11:56 PM   #3
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

When i was at WSID, Brett Stevens had a team of 24 people, they take a Harley and leave it for him at the end of the track, once he has done his pass he leaves the car/bike at the end of the track rides back to the pits gets prepared for the next pass, and his team bring back the car/bike and take it back to the pits.
He is a very busy man at the track.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 12:02 AM   #4
rodderz

And alongside preparing his own cars he builds cars/bikes for other people, goes to motorsport events with show and burnout cars, then does charity work on the side with his wife. He mustn't have much time for doing nothing
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2006, 09:11 AM   #5
ALKY

last year Ben Bray went quicker (5.57) but was unable to back it up for the record (only went 5.62 )
ALKY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post