Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
an advanced pushrod v8
Thats an oximoron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
and a sophisticated suspension setup.
As sophisticated as the last lot of suspension?

Holden have and will never have anything on toyota. I have a AU falcon, love it to death, great room, good econ (LPG) and power. My mum has a Toyota Echo, even better econ (even on ULP) and it has never broken down. She's had it 3 yrs, ive had my AU 5 months and its already gone back to the dealer with bugs several times.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 02:35 AM   #32
monaroCountry

Quote:
LOL, and the numbers continue to rise! Another quality fanboy post brought to you by MonaroCountry!!!
WHY am I wrong?

Those figures I posted were not mine but were from the local newspaper (Daily Telegraphy). The LSx engines are also highly rated in their performance, modability and their fuel efficiency.............(power: fuel efficiency not power: Litre). What other Toyota engine has the same reputation and clout (in drags) as the LSx engines? By the way the L76 (in the VE Holden commodore) has the capability of displacement on demand and VVT.
monaroCountry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 02:43 AM   #33
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

just out of curiosity why is there a holden v toyota thread on a ford forum
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 03:37 AM   #34
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
Thatsone of the best comments ive seen in this thread!

This toyota will be without a doubt a very sphisticated car. Toyota makes fantastic cars, though interior build quality has been going down over the years, mainly the australian made cars...

I currently own a cressida, and love it to death, for its age it has more interior luxuries, and is more advanced than anything holden and ford brought out at the time.

If the new toyota was called a cressida and was on a RWD platform I'd buy it over a commodore or falcon any day, but looks as though its not and it will be the VEII for me!

Stoney!
Stoney! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 09:52 AM   #35
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
In the telegraph a couple of days ago showed how much it would be to fill up a car. The toyota camry took $97 to fill up 70L the commodore took $104 to fill up 75L. For the amount of car you get, power and for the amount of space/comfort you get from a commodore those $8 difference is well worth it. .
Not having a go at you but that dosn't mean anything. Its about how many kilometres you get out of the tank not how much it costs to fill up. By the same logic my V16 1000hp drag car only takes $30 of fuel to fill its 18L tank, must be a fuel miser ey?
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 03:52 PM   #36
turboute
turboute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenter
: you realise that Japan has more technology wise and more business wise than any country in the world here. I have spoke work mate about cars on how fuel effiection they are and most of them all goes Toyota is one of the best brand they have got and well build in quality, Yes they may not have the speed and uses fwd but think of the rasing petrol price and the history that Toyota has build for themself.

The sport car range will still around MR2, Supra and Ceclia
The van that company drive to do delivery and people movers
The sedan which been out for so long now
The 4wd like the Landcruise and Prado
The utes hilux.

you go anywhere around the world basically just about every country you go to there Toyota staying stronge. I should know i got 2 toyota cars at home and they havent let me down.

I pretty agree to people who say that Toyota is one of the top brands to buy and without a doubt

Supra has ceased production - though there may be a V10 supercar in the works for lexus.

Celica and MR2 have ceased being sold in Aus - both were lacking in power compared to their compeditors (200sx, MX5 (sp at the time?),integra etc) anyway. They should have kept a turbo version.

They do have good quality builds just the whole car is somewhat lacking in performance / handling and comfort. They are good but in no area are they the best. The reason they sell so well is that they are cheap to buy, run and service - so lots of fleet sales will automaticaly go to them.

The reasons they are selling the most cars per year would be the corrolla (cheap reliable etc boring car), and the hilux. The camry / the aurion will not do too much for sales. Probably soming similar to mitsubishi's 380 with any luck - toyota actually have the money to invest in a RWD platform (or they should use the IS200/300 platform).
turboute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 05:22 PM   #37
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
I was thinking the same thing _
Old 13-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #38
Kenster

Quote:
In the telegraph a couple of days ago showed how much it would be to fill up a car. The toyota camry took $97 to fill up 70L the commodore took $104 to fill up 75L. For the amount of car you get, power and for the amount of space/comfort you get from a commodore those $8 difference is well worth it.

Toyotas supposed supperior engine technology is definately not evident from those figures. Also the LSx pushrod engine is one of the most respected powerformance engine in the world. Toyota offers nothing in their v8 lineup as desirable as an LS2 or LS7.
Dude why they need to if you think business point of view they are hitting the right target everytime, also Holden and Ford is pretty much getting the same engine as the Toyota, why you want a v8 sedan while its better to put into the 4wd and save fuel with a big car like that
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #39
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

How can you pick on the Toyota's performance when their cars are clearly not performance driven? I know they have a Sportivo in their line up, but I strongly disagree that they offer this car for it's performance.

And you can't exactly rag out on their up and coming models given you haven't experienced it first hand as yet..

Exciting or not, I think you should all accept the fact that whilst a majority of people here think that the current & new camary and also aurion are boring vehicles - they will sell a load.
Old 30-06-2006, 02:56 AM   #40
Faker
Certified Nutcase

Quote:
In the telegraph a couple of days ago showed how much it would be to fill up a car. The toyota camry took $97 to fill up 70L the commodore took $104 to fill up 75L. For the amount of car you get, power and for the amount of space/comfort you get from a commodore those $8 difference is well worth it.

Toyotas supposed supperior engine technology is definately not evident from those figures. Also the LSx pushrod engine is one of the most respected powerformance engine in the world. Toyota offers nothing in their v8 lineup as desirable as an LS2 or LS7.
WTF? Commodores are like trucks after driving a Camry.

Toyota/Lexus V8 305kW from 4.8 litres, Holden 297kW from 6.0 litres, Ford 294kW from 5.4 litres.

Which is the least efficient?
Old 30-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #41
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

How much is the car that the Lexus V8 appears in? Will you recoupe even 1/50th of the difference in fuel saved $$$.
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #42
Windsor220
Now Fordless

[QUOTE=monaroCountry]In the telegraph a couple of days ago showed how much it would be to fill up a car. The toyota camry took $97 to fill up 70L the commodore took $104 to fill up 75L. For the amount of car you get, power and for the amount of space/comfort you get from a commodore those $8 difference is well worth it.

Toyotas supposed supperior engine technology is definately not evident from those figures.QUOTE]

So Toyotas engine is poor because it has a 5 litre smaller fuel tank? :
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 02:59 AM   #43
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

1. Aurion is the replacement for the Avalon
2. 380 is the replacement for Magna

I really like the new 380 GT and Aurion Sportivo and i would buy one but 1 problem. Why did they make them Front wheel drive. All there sport car and commercial car are rear wheel drive. If these car were rear wheel drive i reckon they would have improved sales, more fuel efficient and attract better say from journalist!

If i had one of these i would convert the whole drivetrain to rear wheel drive and show the HQ how it should be done to Aussie standard! :

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 03:43 AM   #44
Faker
Certified Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaNob!
How much is the car that the Lexus V8 appears in? Will you recoupe even 1/50th of the difference in fuel saved $$$.

OK I'm stumped.

Efficiency not fuel efficiency was mentioned if this is to what this post refers.
Just showing that Holden's 6.0 litre is less efficient than the Ford and Toyota, no mention of fuel usage.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:16 AM   #45
5L
[ 5L ]

maybe they should put it this toyota in a race verse the rwd drive ford/holden so we can watch it understeer in corners.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 09:50 AM   #46
hold-on

i fail to see how an ohc motor is technicly more advanced
than a pushrod invented two years appart
cummins,cat,detroit all use 4valve per cylinder pushrod,
because it's more reliable
but ford and oldsmobile had both ohc & pushrod on the market
in the early 1900's
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #47
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

So you say that the difference is only $8. Did you stop to think about the 50% depreciation hit your Commodore will cop over 3 years? All the down time it will spend in Holden service getting its power steering pump replaced? The increased servicing costs? $8 is only the tip of the iceburg my friend..
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 02:17 PM   #48
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb5speed
maybe they should put it this toyota in a race verse the rwd drive ford/holden so we can watch it understeer in corners.
the Lexus this engine is in is RWD and would out handle both ford and holden, dont know of any FWD v8....

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2006, 04:23 PM   #49
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
the Lexus this engine is in is RWD and would out handle both ford and holden, dont know of any FWD v8....
American Taurus.

Quote:
OK I'm stumped.

Efficiency not fuel efficiency was mentioned if this is to what this post refers.
Just showing that Holden's 6.0 litre is less efficient than the Ford and Toyota, no mention of fuel usage.
So what exactly are you talking about, when talking efficientcy generally its talking about fuel consumption. Yes the BF Falcon 5.4 is a little more fuel efficient, but all V8's will get 6 speed autos as ofthe VE commodore just like the falcons have. Not to mention the possibility of DOD and VVT.

Stoney!
Stoney! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 04:10 AM   #50
Faker
Certified Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney!
American Taurus.

So what exactly are you talking about, when talking efficientcy generally its talking about fuel consumption. Yes the BF Falcon 5.4 is a little more fuel efficient, but all V8's will get 6 speed autos as ofthe VE commodore just like the falcons have. Not to mention the possibility of DOD and VVT.

Stoney!
Sorry for the confusion, I can clearly see your point.
The effiency to which I refer is the actual efficiency of a motor to produce power and torque in relation to it's capacity.

Ford = 54.44kW/litre
Holden = 49.50kW/litre
Toyota = 63.54kW/litre

Thereby in producing power the Holden is the least efficient. Torque maybe a different matter.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #51
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
Thats an oximoron.
No it's not. OHC engines have been around for almost as long as pushrod engines. The first DOHC 4V/Cylinder motor dates back to 1912!
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2006, 08:15 PM   #52
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
WHY am I wrong?
What other Toyota engine has the same reputation and clout (in drags)
How about the T engines for starters?
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 07:03 AM   #53
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
The GM Impala SS (?) and the Pontiac version.

They don't handle that well.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post