Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-05-2005, 11:08 PM   #1
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Weird/Interesting Cars You Have Seen

Hey everyone, well a thought popped into my mind a week or so ago. Here i am sitting at a bus stop surrounded by car dealers. Across the road i glance what appeared to be ur average skyline, i look abit harder and to my surprise it was a sedan. So im thinking wtf lol. I didnt know they made sedan skylines. And before you ask, no it wasnt an old one, it was a 99 model. Yes so i found this a bit strange. Anyway i took a picture on my phone, its a bit hard to see but here it is:

(You might need to zoom a little bit)

So anyway has the topic states, show us pics or tell us about the WEIRdest/interesting cars you have seen. Now can we please keep out all of the: "oh thats cool" etc etc etc chit chat.lol.

Anyway Enjoy.

Also just saw this on boost cruising:
http://www.boostcrusing.com/journal/...7/no/4095.html
Thast interesting also
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 11:11 PM   #2
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep ive seen R32 or R33 sedans aswell.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 11:13 PM   #3
Steffo
LPG > You

Nothing weird about an R34 Sedan. They've always made Skyline sedans. Contrary to popular belief, Skylines are NOT sports cars, only the GT-R version is. Skyline originated in 1955 (Prince Skyline, later Datsun Skyline.. then obviously Nissan Skyline) as a family sedan. They didn't get really hardcore with the sports stuff until the KPGC10 Skyline 2000GT-R in 1969 (first GT-R Skyline ever).

I feel sorry for that BA though.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 11:17 PM   #4
Steffo
LPG > You

Oh.. and as for weird.. try this thing on for size...

1955 BMW Isetta 250... 250cc 1cyl motorcycle engine, 4-spd transmission, 53 mph (85 km/h) top speed and it gets 63 miles per gallon fuel economy (3.82 litres per 100km).

:
Old 18-05-2005, 11:30 PM   #5
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

http://www.icbm.com.au/mightyboy/david.htm

Weird and scary... Especially the plates!
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 11:30 PM   #6
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Contrary to popular belief, Skylines are NOT sports cars, only the GT-R version is.
The majority of skylines are 2 door coupes, an import, and are turbo. How do you figure they are not sports cars. The 4 doors i would not consider sports cars

And that is a weird ****ing car

Last edited by MITCHAY; 19-05-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 18-05-2005, 11:34 PM   #7
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Its a 2 door coupe, an import, and its turbo. How do you figure they are not sports cars. The 4 doors are not though.

Its quite simple, they're not. Being a two door coupe doesn't automatically make it a sports car. They're not all turbo either. Just because there's a car like an FPV GT doesn't make every Falcon a sports sedan.

:
Old 18-05-2005, 11:38 PM   #8
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agreeing with Mitchay there, the two door models are no doubt sprots cars, but the 4 doors arent. The reason i found it weird was that i had never seen one before so i wasnt sure if they made many of them. That BMW thing is screwed up lol, love the rear exit, its like a space ship. Lol bloody awesome. And also ghia5L, its weird, and whats even funnier is the fact that dude thinks his car is all that. lol

EDIT: yea i see your point there Steffo, just u posted ur post before i got a chance to post mine, so i hadnt read what you had said. Its all good mate.

Last edited by Venomous; 18-05-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2005, 11:42 PM   #9
Steffo
LPG > You

A two door Skyline is not a sports orientated car, unless it wears the GT-R badge. Think of it this way...

base two door R34 Skyline = Mercedes CLK320.... rather lethargic 6cyl engine (140ish kW for the n/a R34 2.5), average handling, average interior design (normal, non-supportive crappy seats) etc etc. Its got nothing special going for it.

turbo R34 = CLK430/500... better engine spec, better brakes, gets a better interior (the Skyline) etc etc..

GT-R = CLK55 AMG... killer engine, seperate, sports interior, more sophisticated suspension, different brake package, bigger wheels/tyres etc etc etc.

If Ford were to make a two door Falcon XT 6cyl.. that's what would be comparable to a base two door Skyline.

Anyone remember the R32 Skyline GXi? Two door and four door.. with a 90kW 1.8 4cyl in it... such a sports car!

Oh yeah.. that BMW is funky... first saw one at the Sydney Motor Show in 2003.. it was for sale too. Red one with the white roof. I wonder what its like to drive...

:

Last edited by Steffo; 18-05-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Old 19-05-2005, 12:05 AM   #10
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now when i first saw one of these things i was : But turns out these things are good for 0-100 at 5-6secs depending on what variant you get
Old 19-05-2005, 12:29 AM   #11
Danny
GT4.

Ahh yes, the good ole Nissan 'Stagea' Mitchay!

and those mighty boys.... 19 kW!!! I especially liked the tough guy sitting in his on the home page... Priceless, and cute as well....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 12:54 AM   #12
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Ahh yes, the good ole Nissan 'Stagea' Mitchay!
Yeah i reckon they look gun. Cause one time i seen one driving and noticed the S badge on the front and have seen the same badge on some skylines. Can you an unsuspecting commy or falcon driver thinking they would smash it and then get raped.
Old 19-05-2005, 01:00 AM   #13
Psycho Chicken
Banned

That BA is a crime to eyes. Why the hell would you bother with the XR lights if you're going to put those retarded covers over them. They don't even look straight.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 01:11 AM   #14
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Some `interestingly' vehicles (although luckily, never seen any IRL);
http://www.autoblog.com.es/?p=49
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 09:19 AM   #15
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Ah Im spewing I dont have a pick. But locally someone with to much time and money has converted a HQ kingswood into some strecth freak.

You know how some people stretch utes, well this guy did it with a sedan. So you have 4 wheels at the back, a really weird boot and a normal front 3/4 of teh car. Bizarre.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 10:03 AM   #16
xceler8shun
Ford Fanatic

some info I found relating to skylines

GT-S : Gran Turismo (Grand Touring) - "Sports"
GT-St : Gran Turismo (Grand Touring) - "Sports Turbo"
GT-R : Gran Turismo (Grand Touring) - "Racing"
GT-R N1: The N1 is a racing version of the GT-R. It is sold as a base for a racing team. It has no interior , no A/C , no radio. It is basically a race car.
xceler8shun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 11:40 AM   #17
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I saw a riced up Ford Meteor coming out a side street here. Wish I had a camera though. 4 ft wing and huge WRX style bonnet scoop on it.

4 ft is an over-exaggeration
Old 19-05-2005, 01:22 PM   #18
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by xceler8shun
some info I found relating to skylines

GT-S : Gran Turismo (Grand Touring) - "Sports"
GT-St : Gran Turismo (Grand Touring) - "Sports Turbo"
GT-R : Gran Turismo (Grand Touring) - "Racing"
GT-R N1: The N1 is a racing version of the GT-R. It is sold as a base for a racing team. It has no interior , no A/C , no radio. It is basically a race car.
Its interesting that you call the GTS and GTSt those names. And GT-R. I've never heard of people referring to them in that manner, but ok. As for the GT-R N1, its not sold as a basis for a race car. It's a homologation special. They actually do have a/c and a radio... and power windows too. They're a more powerful stripper GT-R with less luxuries then normal, but they're completley seperate from the JGTC or most other race cars, which are generally a full-tube frame chassis with fibreglass body bits stuck on... not a monocoque like all Skylines.

As for the GTS (R33 & R32... called 25GT in R34 guise)... its about as sporting as a BA XT 6cyl Sedan.

Oh.. they made quite a few different types of N1 Skyline's, the fastest one being the 2002 Skyline R34 GT-R V-SpecII N1.. which they made 100 of, and even claimed it had OVER the 280ps power cap.. at 333ps (245kW). It was capable of 4 sec flat to 100km/h, 12 sec flat 1/4 mile, and 320km/h top speed. Only available in white with a carbon fibre bonnet. Even that thing had a/c.. hehe.

:
Old 19-05-2005, 01:52 PM   #19
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A while back I was researching Skylines and yep there are plenty of 4 door GTS-T's out there - they are just as quick as the 2 door version, only difference is the extra 2 doors.

Weirdest car I have seen was 2am in a maccas car park, about 5 years ago on great western hwy. We are sitting there and in drives a little car (which resembled a convertible beetle) with a dad and his son in it. The weird thing was it had a giant key (like the old fashioned keys) in the rear mounted to the engine that turned at a speed which matched the engine speed.

It looked like this but it was a much smaller car (looked like some eastern bloc contraption)

1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 01:53 PM   #20
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol looks like them wind up cars hahahaha
Old 19-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #21
oldracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
The majority of skylines are 2 door coupes, an import, and are turbo. How do you figure they are not sports cars. The 4 doors are i would not consider sports cars

mate, dunno if you were around in the late 80's but Nissans main sedan i.e. 4 door was a Skyline, they sold shitloads of em, was a great car and it actually had the motor that your precious VL's used.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 02:20 PM   #22
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldracer
mate, dunno if you were around in the late 80's but Nissans main sedan i.e. 4 door was a Skyline, they sold shitloads of em, was a great car and it actually had the motor that your precious VL's used.
Nah mate I was born 86 so was a bit young.
Old 19-05-2005, 06:36 PM   #23
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Funniest looking VT Commodore SS I have seen had a WRX bonnet scoop stuck on it.

:yeees:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 06:43 PM   #24
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smciner1
Funniest looking VT Commodore SS I have seen had a WRX bonnet scoop stuck on it.

:yeees:
:
Old 19-05-2005, 07:57 PM   #25
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

saw this BA limo
sorry for poor quality ,camphone
Old 19-05-2005, 08:15 PM   #26
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got some more
Old 19-05-2005, 08:28 PM   #27
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In case you didn't no, the Nissan Skyline GTR 33 had a sedan version. It looked good also.

Matt

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 09:20 PM   #28
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Oh.. and as for weird.. try this thing on for size...

1955 BMW Isetta 250... 250cc 1cyl motorcycle engine, 4-spd transmission, 53 mph (85 km/h) top speed and it gets 63 miles per gallon fuel economy (3.82 litres per 100km).
I was gonna say that!! There's one of these on the north shore of Sydney, have seen it twice around Wahroonga in recent weeks. Nearly had a prang the first time, couldn't believe there was actually one of these things on the road, registered, and BEING DRIVEN! :

Another wierd one was one of those S-Cargo's (you know, the one named like a snail that looks like a snail), which had been chopped to make a ute out of it. WIERD.

Oh and not wierd or strange or anything, but I saw my first SL65 AMG Merc on Pitt St in the city today. It was black and the noise it made made me want to : right there and then. :hihi:
Old 19-05-2005, 09:27 PM   #29
Dezza
Parts bin special

Ha MITCHAY, That wagon with the cardboard addons reminds me of the Volvo off the KFC ads. That is a great ad!

The other week, I saw a 65-66 Mustang Limo. It looked absolutely bizzare. The sad thing is that they would have chopped a perfectly good stang in half to turn it into that monstrocity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8 Guy
That BMW thing is screwed up lol, love the rear exit, its like a space ship.
And as for the BMW Isetta, that shows that not all BMW drivers should be proud of their cars. Talk about roomy! :hihi: And by the way, it is not rear exit. That is actually the front! You can see the steering wheel attached to the door!

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 09:32 PM   #30
b2tf
not here much anymore

There is a VX SS here which is painted Blood Orange. I thought that was rather weird.