Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-05-2005, 10:31 PM   #1
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Default Dobbing Someone In!

hey,
There is this clown down the street from me.... he drives a COMMODORE a bright orange LOUD AS ALL HELL piece of shite.... ( looks very nice though )

ANYWAY...This bloke seems to like trying to set the new land speed record in My street everytime he drives up or down...

This guy drives at all hours of the day / night (think he works for the mob :nutsycuck ).
i swear this guy drives at least 80kmh up or down the street.
NOW
If i get this tosser on video could i send it into the coppers or someone and put an end to this? I am really worried about the kids in the street.... animals etc... dogs and stuff are always out takin a **** etc etc.
:
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 10:37 PM   #2
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It makes no difference what he drives really .. but if you know where he is you might want to try to tell him to pull his head in .. then go for the cops if he wont.
Give him the benefit of a talking to if you can.
If he won't, then call the cops.
XA-Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah it woulld be better than just words. Any evidence you can gather. If a picture is worth a 1000 words than a video would be worth millions lol
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 10:39 PM   #4
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

yeah i know it doesnt matter what he drives!
just the fact that he seems to have his head so far up his **** makes me not want to talk to him....

he is a very jelous person from what i have noticed, he tends to really give it to his car if i am outside, you know SHOWING OFF?
I just dont want to sound like a grandma and "dob" someone in!
But it is really dangerous! :
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 10:44 PM   #5
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes you can do something:

1.take his rego and car description, time,place and pass on to coppers.
2.set-up a flash gun in the street and when the tool comes in to fast set off gun as he goes past. He should immediatley think he's been done and maybe will slow down.
Don't let him catch you though.
3. You could front him but that might have repurcusions.
4. As with 1 above get other witnesses to complain as well.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 12:11 AM   #6
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

I would'nt approach him, he could make your life unpleasant if you or someone else does take it to the coppers. Drop a note in his letterbox informing him that you not a fan of his driving and that his details have been forwarded to the Police.

Anyone with half a brain will get the hint and tame it down.

Last edited by FFOracing; 23-05-2005 at 12:13 AM.
FNQracing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 08:23 AM   #7
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Don't be a dick about it, no one likes a dobber (remember primary school?). Go tell him it's ****ing everyone off, if he tell you to f*ck off - then you have good reason to dob him in.

Just give him the benefit of the doubt, he could just be dumb. Maybe he;ll stop it just by mentioning it to him.

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 08:50 AM   #8
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

I think talking to him would be a good start.

Unless he is a total ********.

I think a fellow car enthusiast should be able to talk sensibly to him to point out that while the car looks good driving it like you stolen it only attracts the wrong sort of attention and not just from police but neighbours and other people who may not be so generous as to want to talk to him about it.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 09:00 AM   #9
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I'm with FFO Racing on this, an unsigned letter in his postbox informing him that his driving actions are not suitable for a residential street and if he doesn't tame it down the police will be notified.

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 09:11 AM   #10
EA2BA
PM me if you want

EPA <-- anonymous tip off as to a loud exhaust, if you have never expressed to him you dont like him or his driving he will not know it was you.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 09:14 AM   #11
Twisted
Contributing Member

I'd definately bring it to the attention of the cops. If he cant see what would happen if he hits a kid at that speed then maybe someone needs to explain it to him.

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 10:00 AM   #12
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

There is nothing like safety in numbers! If you find the guy intimidating on your own, (thats no disgrace) have a chat with some of your neighbors. Odds on your neighbors are just as concerned for hids in the street too.
Six or eight people from your street with you, asking the guy to tone down his driving can be mighty effective. It will very much reduce your odds of becoming a target for consequentual acts of vandalism etc.

And the local HWP will be a lot more likely to act quickly on a report written and signed by several residents.

Ask first then escalate your actions accordingly. Most important keep it civil, even if this guy doesn't no threats, no ranting and your case builds with each of their indiscretions.

Anonymous letter or phone calls aren't worth the effort, and you can be sure anything anonymous to police will be ignored too. Everyone with a score to settle tries on the anonymous call. Stand up and be counted, you can do it sensibly without risk!

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 23-05-2005 at 10:43 AM. Reason: additional nonsense added
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 10:17 AM   #13
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
I'm with FFO Racing on this, an unsigned letter in his postbox informing him that his driving actions are not suitable for a residential street and if he doesn't tame it down the police will be notified.
Agreed, this is probably the best course of action to take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 10:22 AM   #14
hml2777
legend

I rang the Police once when my one of my kids decided that they wanted to get ****ed and then drive a car. I had no problems doing that at all.

Ask yourself, "do you want to be resonsible for some one getting hurt/killed because of your inactivity?"
hml2777 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 10:26 AM   #15
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Police can't really do anything unless they see it. Sure you'll get the odd copper who will go out of his way to give him a talking to, but not too many.

EPA away my friend!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 10:43 AM   #16
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

I agree, tell the cops and a letter explaining his actions and the repercussions might help him.

But it can also get nasty. For example, this happened a cpl of years ago now. I drive my little rolla (a manual) around town. When I leave my driveway I can go either uphill or downhill. This day I decided to go uphill and was revving rather high so that I wouldn't lose speed when I changed gear, as you do.

Anyway I got to the top at around 40kph and there was this woman yelling at me. I stopped the car and said "WHAT?" She came over, pulled open my door, and she screamed at me about her little kids playing on the street and how I drive really fast all the time up and down this street. I told her this was untrue and that it only sounded fast but it actually wasn't. I had my kids in the car too. I also told her that perhaps she shouldn't let kids so YOUNG out on the street until they know road sense. At this stage her 2 year old had run off up the street...

So then she slammed my door and took off in a huff as the father tried to run after the 2 year old. :

I was really angry and revved the shyte outta my car and drove away (but didn't go any higher than 50kph as that is the speed limit!).

So then she slapped at "50kph in my street" sign on her otto lol. Last week she was out with her kids and they were writing with chalk on the road... things like SLOW DOWN etc.

I think this is extremely amusing now... her hubby flew past my house the other day doing at least 60kph. Also I have followed her on other streets in our local area and she speeds... I caught up to her and she was doing 65kph in a 50kph zone. Think pot, think kettle, think black.

So bitchiness can occur, and it can make the life on your street not very nice. Also now one of her kids plays netball... and I am the REF lmfao

Be aware of that, and do stuff anonymously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #17
Leah
www.madel.com.au

This wouldnt happen to be in the bayswater/ boronia area would it? Theres a bright orange commy that ive been behind numerous times, who also finds it really fun flooring it through my work carpark where there are kids with parents and old people everywhere. He's a complete tossa!

If I were you though, Id opt for the letter in the letterbox. Id hate to go and talk to him, be told to *** off, then have the worry of something happening to my house, the car or anything else. You never know, some people can be complete tools and if he thinks youre gonna dob him in to the cops, you just never know.
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 02:09 PM   #18
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
So then she slapped at "50kph in my street" sign on her otto lol. Last week she was out with her kids and they were writing with chalk on the road... things like SLOW DOWN etc.
Lol what a dumbass. Imagine if her precious kids got hit while writing shit on the road. Great example of a "good" mum there.
Old 23-05-2005, 02:15 PM   #19
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Or just undo his sump plug, empty it and replace plug. Lets see him try and fly up the road now.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 03:26 PM   #20
neb
hibernating

Is he a young p plater? He most likely doesn't realise what hes doing is potentially that dangerous and doesn't feel that what he is doing is that wrong, just having a bit of fun as you do at that age.

If you feel that its dangerous I would just have a talk to him or even just a letter in his mailbox asking him to stop it, at least in your street and if he doesn't then you will go to the cops. If he has any sense I think that would work. Bring him back down to earth a bit, instead of in his own little world thinking that theres no chance of anything happening.
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 03:42 PM   #21
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

There's one in every street. :

I wouldn't approach him, things could potentially turn nasty. Somehow I doubt that a letter would work he'd probably just laugh and throw it out.

You could try ringing the cops, take down the rego, make, model etc and ring them and tell them the story, if your neighbours did the same thing they may do something about him.

Would dob in a hoon cover this?

If all else fails a letter to your council might be your best option.

Good Luck!
Old 23-05-2005, 03:47 PM   #22
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got labelled a hoon one time when i was mistaken once. Even though it wasnt me after he blasted me for it ive always been extra careful of my driving habits as this guy basically said he would kill me so dont want to **** him off anymore.

All i know if anything happens to my car i know where to finger the blame straight away.

Just be aware of who you talk to and the manner you approach them. The guy who went crazy at me well there is no way in hell i would cause hes psycho but if they seem pretty decent you could always just be assertive towards them.
Old 23-05-2005, 06:24 PM   #23
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I know a bloke who had this trouble with a VL Commie, he got spoke to the young driver and asked him to slow down...which resulted in him doing it more often while flipping the bird as he went past, it all came to an end when my friend went to the nature strip one afternoon to collect his empty wheelie bin, at that moment the car came flying up the road, said friend "lost it" and threw the wheelie bin out on the road, the commodore crashed into it and recieved minor damage, the driver managed to collect himself and drive off before he was dragged out of the car, but he was never seen again.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2005, 06:38 PM   #24
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Aproach the person only if you are sure you can keep it civil,but by all means approach him personally. Don't say he screams up and down just say "you drive a bit quick and I am concerned for the kids in the street". Take someone else with you who can also keep calm but no more than one cos he won't feel intimidated. No need to mention police as he may think thats your next step all by himself. Anonimous notes and phone calls and threats will get you nowhere. If that fails then the police are your next step. You will need dates and times,he may come home at a certain time most days and police may patrol around that time. Good Luck
Old 23-05-2005, 08:03 PM   #25
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
..................So then she slapped at "50kph in my street" sign on her otto ...........
Thats just dangerous!! 50Kph is too quick for an Otto bin even on a well run circuit.
Old 24-05-2005, 12:23 AM   #26
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd go the anon letter option too. Give him a chance to slow down without sinlging yourself out for potential abuse. If that has no result definately go into a cop shop and make a formal complaint.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 11:34 AM   #27
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

I think the EPA option is probably the best one, above all I wouldn't let him know personally that you have a problem with his driving, after all, you don't know how he might react and I'm sure you don't want trouble, which he might cause...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 12:44 PM   #28
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Do you not have anti-hooning laws in your state? I understand these are fairly consistent across the nation, in which case, a handful of reports from nearby residents is sufficent to get a visit from the police. I wouldnt think there would be much action taken initially and would hopefully serve a similar purpose as an anonymous letter.

With any luck, this would at least slow him down in your area. If he's dumb enough to persist with this behaviour, then a second set of reports should be enough to have the car impounded for the weekend. Are you friendly with the neighbours? Have you spoken about this guy? A few indpependent reports is all it takes.... Hope there's a bus stop nearby....

IMO, not your job to police the streets. The new laws have been put in place to catch such morons (unfortunately, many genuine enthusiasts at risk of being caught in this net also), so i think you've got an appropiate framework to operate in. Maybe even call the local cop shop and have a chat with someone, in a general context about what to do...

This guy sounds like a genuine, bonified, official hoon. At the very least, gives the rest of us a bad name... at the worst someone could get hurt...
Old 24-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #29
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

I reckon red_el_xr8 has got it in one.

If you got all your neighbours together and a mob of 30 or so people showed up at his door I doubt he'll be doing the same crap again. If he does, there's more chance that your neighbours will have witnessed it too to... making for a far more compelling case for the local boys in blue to pay him a visit (right after that anonymous tip off to the EPA of course).

I'd avoid confronting him by yourself unless your sure he would actually listen... not start vandalising your property as revenge.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2005, 11:39 PM   #30
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdc351
I reckon red_el_xr8 has got it in one.

If you got all your neighbours together and a mob of 30 or so people showed up at his door I doubt he'll be doing the same crap again.
Doesn't have to be too many even 3 or 4 adult males will soon have most of these guys losing any tough guy persona. try it you may be surprised, and the numbers will make these guys think twice about threats or later vandalism.

If a complaint isn't work putting your name to, then it isn't worth making! Coppers wont act on anonymous traffic complaints, nor should they! But send a factual letter signed by you and your neighbors and at least a warning will be on the cards.

No too many fools will want to take on half the street! Nothing shamenful about dobbing but if you do be big enough to stand by your complaints and claims.

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 24-05-2005 at 11:42 PM.