Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-08-2007, 10:29 PM   #1
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

Default personalised plates

Im buying a set of plates off a guy i work with ( VBOSS ) any thoughts? The only bad point i can see is they make the car easily recognised. But thats a good thing too. It helps feed the mid life crisis.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:33 PM   #2
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

what's it mean?

sound's aiight though
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2007, 10:45 PM   #3
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nversace
what's it mean?
dont know. i thought it was V for the v8 but from what he said its meant to sound like the boss. they looked good on his xr8 ute.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

could mean THE BOSS ... haha ... watever it is, it's unique!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 04-08-2007, 10:15 AM   #5
Gimmers55
Black Jade Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by nversace
what's it mean?

sound's aiight though
It has a BOSS V8 under the bonnet
Old 04-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #6
ute351
Starter Motor

the B could both be the letter B and also the number 8, so V8 BOSS
ute351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 10:50 AM   #7
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Meh, if you drive the car around enough it's going to get recognised anyway, with or without the plates.

Oo\===/oO

Last edited by Peuty; 04-08-2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #8
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

Depends how you drive mate, no one misses a Boss over 3500rpm regardless of plates,
especially with induction and exhaust mods.... :evil3: hehe.

Last edited by John_xr6t; 04-08-2007 at 05:32 PM. Reason: left out a word... Doh!
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 06:29 PM   #9
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

I say they are meant to say "THE BOSS"
A "D" instead of "V" would be better.
Someone can read it as "VB OSS" 2 lol
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #10
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

excuess my stupidity but if you dont know at the plates are suposed to say Y put them on your car, hay why not get on the RTA site and see if DHEAD is available, I'm all for personalied plates some are very imagantive but I think at the very least you should know what they mean before forking out the anual fee for the buggers

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #11
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
excuess my stupidity but if you dont know at the plates are suposed to say Y put them on your car, hay why not get on the RTA site and see if DHEAD is available, I'm all for personalied plates some are very imagantive but I think at the very least you should know what they mean before forking out the anual fee for the buggers
i dont care what people think it means i like the look of the plates. the motor is a v and its a boss so there's a meaning for them! when you say excuse my stupidity is that for the comment or your spelling of the word excuse?

Last edited by gregxr8; 04-08-2007 at 08:15 PM.
GREGXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 08:22 PM   #12
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Think the DHEAD plates are only available in NSW because you guys are the stooges who pay an annual fee. Our plates are a one off fee, and you own them for life.

Can store them, put them on any of your cars, whatever, you own them. NSW is more like a plate rental system.

Think i paid $395 for mine.

If you had personalised plates, i wonder if you could at least get the spelling right on those??? Better spell check you plate options before you hand your credit card details over or the last laugh might be on you!
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 08:17 AM   #13
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

spelling is for amatures all I am saying is there number plates nothing more if you like themget them I dont care but you should atleast know what the hell they mean other wise you might as well get TMQKYV it means nothing but hay thay look cool, I personaly dont pay an anal fee for plates I think the money cold be better spent but even $400 for a plate that you dont know what it means is a waste of money

Old 05-08-2007, 10:52 AM   #14
schmidty
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
spelling is for amatures. I personaly dont pay an anal fee for plates I think the money cold be better spent but even $400 for a plate that you dont know what it means is a waste of money

Thats why spelling is something to take note of. Imagine if you did have plates and were paying an annual fee. That could have been embarrasing!

Glad to hear you're not one of those NSW people who pay "anal fees" hey. They'd probably go towards that big party they throw once a year in sydney! :
schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #15
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Possably although, I think forking out money for plates and having to answer "dont know. i thought it was" when asked what it means is far more embarasing.

If you want plates, get them, there just an accesory like any thing else but, know what they mean or atleast have an answer when asked, because if its not simple like BA XR8 you will be asked and you will look like a tool if you answer "um I think it means"

Old 05-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #16
ZC001
Cruisin

It's cheaper to change your name by deed poll to be the same as your standard rego plate. Personalised plates without the annual fees.

Cheers,
PEB-029

Last edited by ZC001; 05-08-2007 at 12:25 PM. Reason: typo
ZC001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #17
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

This thread has become quite amusing when you read through it now. I've put what i think the letters mean in post 11. I hope no-one develops a nervous twitch over this.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #18
GUNEF
GUNEF

i think they are good. i think that people remember a car by the plates that they have on them. i did it GUNEF it was one of the best mods i did makes my car unique and no one else has them. its gunmetal is colour and it an EF and also it a GUN.

their is a couple of bad things as well when you get them.... you get F***head commo drivers in their VL,VNs tail gating you a lot, and when you are at the lights you dont want them knowing that you are going to win

do what you want and get what you want its your car and no one elses.
GUNEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 10:10 PM   #19
GUNEF
GUNEF

my 2 Cents
GUNEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #20
ZC001
Cruisin

My theory is - the faster the 'plate the slower the car. Usually spent all their money on ricey accessories at Autobarn so they try to make some bold statement on their number plate in some vain hope that everyone will be so intimidated and leave them alone. Their cars are usually a badly needed p$nis extension, only used to draw attention to themselves due to their insecurities. And to get to therapy.
ZC001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 11:45 PM   #21
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Quote:
spelling is for amatures all I am saying is there number plates nothing more if you like themget them I dont care but you should atleast know what the hell they mean other wise you might as well get TMQKYV it means nothing but hay thay look cool, I personaly dont pay an anal fee for plates I think the money cold be better spent but even $400 for a plate that you dont know what it means is a waste of money

Hahaha! Thats the funniest thing I've read in ages! So thats what RTA stands for...Rectal Tax Agents possibly?

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:13 AM   #22
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

i think in SA ... yes thats South Australia, we also have to pay an "Annual" fee for our plates ... it sucks so much, and is one of the reason's why i am holding off on getting them!!

As for The Yeti, it's not his fault he has to pay an anal fee, remember he is the closest state to NZ!!!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 11-08-2007, 02:26 AM   #23
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC001
My theory is - the faster the 'plate the slower the car. Usually spent all their money on ricey accessories at Autobarn so they try to make some bold statement on their number plate in some vain hope that everyone will be so intimidated and leave them alone. Their cars are usually a badly needed p$nis extension, only used to draw attention to themselves due to their insecurities. And to get to therapy.
we will forgive you, for you are but new here, but you won't find to many slow cars around this car park, custom plates or not, for the record i have them, and yep my wife calls me jelly bean.

I'll buy the post that said the B doubled as a 8 = V8 Boss as VBOSS, if so very good plates and a good pickup.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:28 AM   #24
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
we will forgive you, for you are but new here, but you won't find to many slow cars around this car park, custom plates or not...
Learn, he must
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 11-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #25
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZC001
Looking at the number of these plates at my local tuners, i must disagree, they are not all show.

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 11-08-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post