Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-12-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
GSR
Focus LT

Default Seat Covers to suite Focus

I know this sounds quite boring, but are there any good seat covers to suite a Focus LT standard cloth seats. Do they work with the split fold seats or are they just a one piece for the back.
I know theres probably a lot of different versions but Im looking at ones that fit well, look good, wont make you feel like youre sitting on a raised bench and work with the split rear seats.
Am I asking for too much??

GSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Rhubarb

Just be aware of side airbags if you have them.

Providing thats ok - go with something classy .... like fake leopard skin or perhaps naked women prints.
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 06:50 PM   #3
GSR
Focus LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhubarb
Just be aware of side airbags if you have them.

Providing thats ok - go with something classy .... like fake leopard skin or perhaps naked women prints.
Thanks.....That answers it for me....Airbags i didnt think of that..this ones got the safety pack with side air-bags so no seat covers I suppose....
I did like your idea of naked women prints though, but I dont think the mrs would approve.
GSR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

This lot look interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LEATHER-SEAT-...QQcmdZViewItem.

Don't know what the quality is like
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #5
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can buy special seat covers that are ok to use with side airbags as well

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2007, 12:10 AM   #6
Rhubarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
This lot look interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LEATHER-SEAT-...QQcmdZViewItem.

Don't know what the quality is like

Very interesting find. I would pay $400 to have reasonable quality leather seats but I'd want to be sure I was going to get reasonable quality before I paid.

Do you know much about these guys? or know anyone who's bought these locally on a focus? The ad covers Mitsubishi only but I presume they would do all makes.

And again - are they air bag compatible or is that a model dependant issue?

I googled "Ultimate Auto Trim" in Australia with no results, beyond the ebay ads and some mentions on other car sites. one of the other car sites mentioned they attach via elastic ties underneath and hence are prone to moving under use. This is why I'd like to chat with an owner first, not just a anonymous distributer. So does the originating company have a website ?

I'm not hassling you about the link or holding you responsible - its good info - thank you. I'd just like to know more if you do.

Cheers in advance.
Rhubarb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2007, 09:07 AM   #7
melbzetec

I know nothing about them, but he has a few ads on ebay, and covers lots of makes. One ad refers to him having a factory in Dandening South (Melbourne). Note: they are not genuine leather! Leather "look" or something. But at the price he's asking, they are either bloody good quality, or he is a rip off artist with BIG balls!!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 21-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #8
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If not leather it will be vinyl for sure. Problem with vinyl is it heats up a lot and it is hot to touch in the summer. Very cold in the winter too. I deal with leather and vinyl on a daily basis. I would prefer leather over vinyl anyday

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
Old 21-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #9
melbzetec

I agree Adam. I looked at them because I thought they were leather but you have to read the fine print!

It would be an interesting proposition in leather

Old 21-12-2007, 04:34 PM   #10
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you wanted leather you should just get your car retrimmed in leather. Cost about the same and it wont be a cover. Should cost about $2000 to get it done in leather with some embroadary.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
Old 21-12-2007, 05:36 PM   #11
melbzetec

Just one of the many things on the wish list Adam!!!!LOL