Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
Nappa
Impressive...

Default Can i upgrade my Aircon

so as summer starts to heat up i've been thinking about how bad the aircon in fiesta's is. i know that if i was living in europe or the Uk it would be fine but when its hitting 42 degrees the car just cant cope. I miss my xr6. Anywho i was wondering if anyone knew how i could upgrade it, would i be able to get a better condensor?

Old 01-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #2
Ben85

Admittedly i dont have the XR4 but the aircon in my Zetec is awesome!!! Like i crank it up to begin with, then once it cools down i knock it back to about 2 and its great. Do you use the recycle on it? Mayb if its not working as well as you think it should, you should get ur dealer to look at it.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 07:39 AM   #3
Steffo
LPG > You

First of all, if its not on internet circuit mode the air-con will suck, which is the same on any car. I forever laugh at people who have it on open air circuit going "Oh why is the aircon bad?"

On interior mode it should be fine. I never had mine at more then fan-speed 2, with the head/foot/window setting at all times during summer or winter. Never had a problem keeping me cool or warm. Anything more then fan speed 2 is a waste of time, it gets no cooler... just blows air around the shop and doesn't necessarily cool you any better.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
JayD

I must admit, in my wifes WQ Zetec, the aircon doesn't seem to be any where near cold enuff. But it goes in for its 15K sevice this week, so I'll have ford check it out. I reckon it might need more gas pressure. I'll let you know the outcome...Jay
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #5
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=412

Climate control may be what you need

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 07:04 PM   #6
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=412

Climate control may be what you need
Trouble is with climate control the fan goes absolutely "ballistic" and you cant hear yourself think!!

I had it in the Lancer VRX, 2007 CH Model, (which incidently also had rubbish aircon)....if I set it to a set temp, say 24C the fan would go into full bore and just stay there!!, it wouldn't slow down at all,...... I can only presume the air con was unable to get the interior temp down to the set temp and so in effect the climate control feature was completely unusable.

Not saying that this is the case for all cars but I think some aircon systems are good in some cars and garbage in others.

The missus Lancer, also a 2007 CH Model has rubbish aircon as well so it wasn't just mine, I believe from reading Mitsi Forums that it is a common complaint with the CH models.

The bizarre thing is though the missus previous Lancer, a CE model which she had before this one had fantastic aircon.....we used to have to turn it right down to the lowest fan setting because it was "absolutely freezing!!" even on the hottest of days.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 11:08 AM   #7
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
I had it in the Lancer VRX, 2007 CH Model, (which incidently also had rubbish aircon)....if I set it to a set temp, say 24C the fan would go into full bore and just stay there!!, it wouldn't slow down at all,...... I can only presume the air con was unable to get the interior temp down to the set temp and so in effect the climate control feature was completely unusable.

Not saying that this is the case for all cars but I think some aircon systems are good in some cars and garbage in others.
In my Clio you set the temperature and the fan speed. My climate control setting for summer that NEVER changes is head vents only, temp set to mini (short for minimum, which in the Clio is 15°C) and fan speed 3. Fan is never loud, never gets uncomfortable, keeps the car beautifully cool.

Somehow I'm not surprised about a Mitsubishi Lancer having nasty a/c though.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #8
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
In my Clio you set the temperature and the fan speed. My climate control setting for summer that NEVER changes is head vents only, temp set to mini (short for minimum, which in the Clio is 15°C) and fan speed 3. Fan is never loud, never gets uncomfortable, keeps the car beautifully cool.

Somehow I'm not surprised about a Mitsubishi Lancer having nasty a/c though.
Same with my Megane, you never really notice it's on, just that it's cold

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #9
JayD

Just had my Fez in for 15K sevice, and let ford know the a/c was sub par. They said that the pressure was low and they regassed it and now its ok. I must say tho, I was mighty pi$$ed off that they charged me $30 for the gas, I reckon its a warranty issue.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post