Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 12:23 AM   #1
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Best thing for Mozzie Bites

We are here in WA and the weather is fantastic, people are great, Sights are fantastic and the wine...WELL...The wine is great...only thing that is getting to me are the mosquitos.

We have been spraying ourselves with Rid, Aeroguard, Bug Biter...you name it we have tried it but for some reason the little devils love me...

So getting to the question on the thread...What is the best thing for a Mozzie bite...I tend to scratch the heck out of them and I am starting to look like I have chicken pox with all these red dots!

I have been spraying them with Stingoes...but not helping a heck of alot!!

Any advice would be so greatly appreciated!!

Your spotted and itchy Forum mate

Colleen

Old 12-01-2008, 12:27 AM   #2
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Well, there is 'Stingoes' Cream you can buy from...i think woolworths or what everyone in vic calls it as 'safeway', you rub it on and it turns to a flakey-dusty-white-powdery stuff and it feels really weird to itch off/touch and yeah that prevents ppl from scratching it, and it actually has chemicals and stuff in it to make it less itchy. Does the job for me anyhow. Hope that helps!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:32 AM   #3
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Spit on it. I always put my own saliva on mozzie bites and it works a treat. Im serious, try it.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:33 AM   #4
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where abouts in WA are ya?

By the sounds of the wine, maybe Margeret River, or swan somewhere?

I think the best thing is to buy some aeroguard and coverup so you don't get bitten.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:37 AM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnoods
Where abouts in WA are ya?

By the sounds of the wine, maybe Margeret River, or swan somewhere?

I think the best thing is to buy some aeroguard and coverup so you don't get bitten.
She said she's tried lots of different repellents, that haven't been doing a good job of repelling!

I've been using Rid tropical strength for my morning walks and it's worked a treat, keeping the mozzies away and mate do they usually give me a caning, the little blood sucking mongrels.

I wonder why Rid isn't working for you. Is it tropical strength?

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Old 12-01-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
BFYOOT

can get a local aneasthetic cream from a chemist shop, reckon it would do wonders for the bites. or you could just get yourself a wife or gfriend who attracts mozzies more than you, works for me! do you get sandflies over there?
Old 12-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #7
BFYOOT

woops sorry, change wife/gfriend for hubby/b'friend instead.....my bad
Old 12-01-2008, 12:42 AM   #8
Kryton

an old wives tale is to take a fingernail and push a + or x deep into the mozzie bite.
worth a shot, even if your brain thinks its not itchy afterwards, its still worked.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 AM   #9
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
an old wives tale is to take a fingernail and push a + or x deep into the mozzie bite.
worth a shot, even if your brain thinks its not itchy afterwards, its still worked.
I'm allergic to mossies and my bites swell up huge, they then develop this little blister thing and when they pop they hurt like all hell.

Stingoes works well for me ;)
Old 12-01-2008, 12:54 AM   #10
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

You could try the cheapest nastiest repellent you can find. usually has a few more nasty chemicals than the popular brands...not sure how good it will be for your health though
Old 12-01-2008, 07:47 AM   #11
Fantome

One of the best remedies for itching is anything with camphor, menthol and eucalyptus in it. Tiger Balm is available from most chemists and works well. Another trick is to keep the itchy area cool. It only itches badly when the skin is hot. Put ice or a cold wet face washer on it.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:34 AM   #12
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Sunburn, Waterless shave and now Mozzie Bites.

People ever heard of a Pharmacy ?
Closed Thread