Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
GT88
BA Mk2 Fairmont

Default Becoming harder to start

Over the past few days my AUII Forte is getting a bit harder to start. When I turn the ignition it requires a few goes to get the car started. Sometimes it fires first go, other times it requires a few turns. When it does finally fire up the car shakes a bit then starts. However when driving the car it is perfect. A few months ago I would have this problem probably once every 30 odd starts but now it happened twice today.

The battery has blue deposits on the negative terminal. Is the battery the cause?

GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #2
XR6_4EVA
Hardcore I6 Enthusiast

If the car is turning over at its normal speed when trying to start it, i dont think it would be the battery. I was told to look at things like the ISC, oxy sensor, fuel filter ect...when my car used to do it. I just unplugged the battery for about 40 mins and let it re-learn and it was all fixed!

Full Momo and Leather Trim.
Redback exhaust, high flow cat and Pacey Extractors.

SELLING MY GENUINE 18" AZZUROS WITH TYRES.
FRONT TYRES 95%
REAR TYRES 50%
XR6_4EVA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I recall some story about air or fuel vapours in the fuel line on warm days. Happens to me some days.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #4
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

sometimes its a good policy to turn the key to 'on' and leave it there for a second or two before you go to 'start'. this way the fuel pump has a better chance at delivering the fuel

or alternatively

LPG
Old 02-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
HLC
Audi S3

mine has been giving me tons of grief over the last few days since they've been warmer.

not kicking over, not idling properly, even stalled on me a few times today after start up. good times.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:10 AM   #6
SLYXT
FG xr6 Ute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
mine has been giving me tons of grief over the last few days since they've been warmer.

not kicking over, not idling properly, even stalled on me a few times today after start up. good times.
I noticed this just today also with mine. :
SLYXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #7
The Mighty Red

Over the last few months I have switched from 95/98ron to regular 91 and I have noticed mine idles erratic and wants to stall etc when i use 91ron , my XR6 hates the stuff...It also plays up when very low on fuel.....

Try cleaning the throttle body if thaat doesnt work run your fuel down and stick some nice 98ron in and see if that makes a diff...you could akso try putting some injector cleaner through your system.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:01 AM   #8
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Red
Over the last few months I have switched from 95/98ron to regular 91 and I have noticed mine idles erratic and wants to stall etc when i use 91ron , my XR6 hates the stuff...It also plays up when very low on fuel.....

Try cleaning the throttle body if thaat doesnt work run your fuel down and stick some nice 98ron in and see if that makes a diff...you could akso try putting some injector cleaner through your system.
ive just gone back to premium after months of running 91RON cheap sh it fuel.

and now my car doesnt start properly. is dumping all sorts of oils from everywhere and is just a general pain in the butt :
Old 05-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #9
sly
Sly like a G6

Could also be a dead TMAP sensor.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post