Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
josh_hartman
Banned

Default aftermarket amp and sub with standard head unit??

i have an au3 and i want to run an aftermarket amp and sub and i was wondering does the standard cd player have the plugs for it? if not i know a way to get around it but then id have to run the rear speakers of the amp to but does anyone know how to get the power signal to the amp? its usually the blue wire from aftermarket head units.

josh_hartman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

Run a wire from your accesories to the back of the car for power. And you can buy the little unit used to split your rear speaker wires into RCA's you can still leave the rears hooked up as well just run wires to them as well as the RCA splitter. Either way it's dodgy. You'll loose alot of sound quality.

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
LOWERED THEN LOWERED EVEN MORE
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
TWIN 2 1/2 into 3 inch PIPES
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED
COBRA CLUTCH AND BILLET LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL
CARBON FIBRE YOSHI PIPE
BLACKAUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #3
josh_hartman
Banned

yeh im not talking about the actual power for the amp. can just get that from the batter. there is usually a blue signal cable that tells the amp to turn on. i dont know how to get that to work or is that what your talking about? i have the splitter thing already
josh_hartman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #4
brad`
The Monty

the blue signal cable ur talking about is called the "remote wire" i think thats its name, not sure where to hook it up tho, 9/10 ppl run after market headunits due to the problems and extra cash u gotta spend as well as the sound quality that changes with new headuint

how were u need a High-Low converter to run RCA for series 1 n 2... i think series 3 had RCA inputs? might be wrong

i know someone on here is running stock Amp as well as an after makret amp and Twin sub set up all from his stock headunit|

no doubt he will be next to reply, either him or blueprint

cheers brad`

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 08:22 AM   #5
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

my series 2 has the single rca for the sub but if i was to run other amps for speakers i would need the line level converters, they work ok but for the mony u will spend on them you may aswell use an aftermarket headunit
Current Mods-HD Built Gearbox+(Mirror Polished, Modified Valve Body), 2500rpm Hi-Stall Convertor(TCE Custom Built), BIG Trans Cooler, Braided Lines/Speedflow Fittings, 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Detailed UnderCarriage, Custom SQ Stereo Install.
My Ride
My Build Thread
sikford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #6
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

yeah im talking about the blue remote wire. Its for the accesories. then when you turn the car on it gives power to the remote wire on the amp which turns it on...

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
LOWERED THEN LOWERED EVEN MORE
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
TWIN 2 1/2 into 3 inch PIPES
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED
COBRA CLUTCH AND BILLET LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL