Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 01:10 AM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default Fg Xr6 Advice Please !!!! Value.

. I'LL CUT STRAIGHT TO THE POINT.
at work in the car park today . i noticed an fg xr6 . in ego colour . i went over and had a look at it . anyhow later in the day i happened to see the driver going to it to go home . i approached the person , and asked him if he is happy with the car . he just shrugged, i prompted a reply , by asking him what he thought . he said it wasnt his car, and i can have it if i want it .
cunfused i asked what he means . he said it is his brothers car and it is for sale , because his brother died.
i asked how we would go about this if i'm interested .
he said his brothers estate needs the finance for the car, and he'd sell it to me for market value .
its standard fg xr6 5 speed auto with tech pac.
it has to go in 7 days or it will be repossessed and go to a pickles holding yard .

WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
REDBOOK , AND CARSGUIDE HAVE NO VALUE DETAILS ON A 2ND HAND 2008 fg xr6 WITH 8000KM'S ON THE CLOCK . !!!!

COULD THIS BE A POSSIBLE BARGAIN TO GOOD TO PASS UP .
the guy doesnt know what market value is , and couldn't guess a price . >

so perhaps i'm in a position to pay what awholesaler would for a trade in . value . i just dont know .
the guy said that if i want i can put a deposit on the car and work the rest out later , in order to buy time .
anyhow . i really cannot conclude anything.

any advice please on what to do. ??????
if this is in the rwrong section then mods please put it in the right section . cheers .

something else i noticed . there was a blue circle sticker on the rear bumper , that someone had tried to scrape off . without success . ended up scratching the paint trying to remove it . any idea what that sticker means???

Last edited by gtfpv; 11-01-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:08 AM   #2
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

The first thing I'd do, would be to get the name of the "executor of the will" of the deceased person and deal only with that person.

If he died without making a will, then get in touch with the person, appointed by the Probate Office of the Supreme Court to legally administering the estate, and be advised by him or her.

Make sure you can legally purchase the car before going ahead with any deal.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:46 AM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yes, as above... Then you need to talk to the finance company and or get the excutor to find out what the payout is.. The payout would probably be higher then what he paid for it with interest etc compounded on top.. Id say the whole exercises would be more work then its worth (can buy brand newys off dealers for low 30's).
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11217698
Closed Thread