Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-10-2009, 11:08 PM   #1
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Is it just me or.......

I know this thread has probably been done to death but it is really getting up my nose the number of imbeciles on our roads at the moment.

I enjoy the privelege of driving, driving my nice cars and spending hours on a Sunday driving aimlessly to no where but the dont we all being on a car enthusiasts site.

What annoys me the most:

1) Stop sign and give way signs mean that, not pull out in front of the oncoming traffic.

2) Tailgating is illegal and dangerous. Speed limits are set for a reason. Dont ride my rs when i do the limits flashing your lights and waving you hands like your drowning

3) Indicators have been on cars for years, someone need to teach people how to use them.

4) Carparks - road rules still apply and for god sake stop scratching my car with your damn doors - another three dents in the misses 12 month old car in the last month.

I know i sound like a whinging old fart, but i am not that old! to me it is just common courtesy.

Just my thought s for the evening!

1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
hendrixhc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

x2 on the aimless Sunday driving, I love that. Its a great way to unwind and enjoy your car.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
kocho
The Futuriser

Agree with all you've said.

You're in the Adelaide Hills though... where else would you like to drive?!

Previous 2003 BA Ford Futura.

CKGD - Freelance Graphic Designer
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrixhc

3) Indicators have been on cars for years, someone need to teach people how to use them.

4) Carparks - road rules still apply and for god sake stop scratching my car with your damn doors - another three dents in the misses 12 month old car in the last month.
Agree on these 2 fully. I hate people who don't indicate correctly at roundabouts, especially when you come to a stop thinking they are going to pass in front of you. I pass 4-5 roundabouts in the first 4 minutes of my trip to work.. if I were a cop I would have reason to pull someone over EVERY MORNING guaranteed.

Just recently got a new car. First 3 days, 3 dings in the middle of the passenger door from people swinging open their drivers door. I think there are now 5-6 now after 4 months of ownership... and that's because I'm more more careful on where and how I park.

Makes you want to buy a mean *** F truck painted matt black with huge roo bar. Then you could park as you please, and you won't need to worry about damaging your precious car when people decide to pull in front of you or turn across your path unsuspectingly.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #5
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Live in adel hills aye? Love it very jealous. I'm in the burbs, near Marion, so hello inconsiderate drivers. The biggie I have is people driving without lights on at night. Constantly I flash drivers, switch on and off my lights....nothing. These people are endangering my life!!!! And others!!!!! Turn on your lights!!

The other is the tailgating. They back off when I hit the skids, HARD, almost to a stop, they give me funny looks like they're normal. I just keep driving.

Rant over but to the OP I feel your pain!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
max
LWBforME

Yep. Ticks to all four points. I agree with you totally. As a matter of fact for the past four mornings I've had to come into the city via Anzac Highway and West Terrace to eventually turn into Hindley Street. The road user behaviour along the way is deplorable. Tailgating, chopping lanes with and without indicating, sudden braking, rage and abuse etc. Sheesh! It's a nightmare! Then we have an emerging new breed of taxi drivers generally originating from the Subcontinent (where incidentally I have visited and found to be a wonderful enriching experience and I love the people). These taxi drivers characteristically operate on the basis that the road is expressly theirs and they are under the illusion that no one else is on it. I accept that the junction of West and North Terrace is chaotic due to tramline extension works, and that has a ripple effect from all the approaches, but I'm dumbfouded by the stupidity of so many drivers. It really boils down to impatience and selfishness.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

I know the feeling, I had a rant a few months ago about this very thing! Well mine majored on the fact that people seem to want my lane, while Im in it!!!

Best thing I've done has been to leave for work either 20 mins earlier or 10 mins later! Amazing how idiots seem to drive at the same times of day!

Go for a drive outside the city! Thats the only way to get away from the idiots.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Totally agree - now let's discuss cyclists
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #9
tazza255
1979 ZJ Fairlane 302c

i hate people making dents in my door in the shop carpark now i have to pay for the dents not those ignorant people...
Old 16-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #10
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sad fact is the imbeciles are the ones breeding most heavily, so their numbers are on the rise they are everywhere not just on our roads.

also the tailgating and light flashing whilst on the speedlimit is complete bull, but try this one on for size, I was exceeding the speedlimit and I had a f00l behind me exhibiting this behavior, so I slowed to the limit and he went absolutely bananas in his car. And when I shook my head at him when he overtook me he got even more mental following me and spewing abuse at me, I ignored him and continued to drive. I had to then stop at a set of lights and he stopped too and got out of his car and approached mine. He kept his distance when he realized I was carrying a telescopic baton. (security guard settle ok)

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #11
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxr

Gold !!!

No offence to Queenslanders but I have noticed a huge influx of Queensland plated vehicles down here in Tassie who just LOVE travelling 30 kays or more BELOW the speed limit...very annoying...
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 05:17 PM   #12
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXR6

Gold !!!

No offence to Queenslanders but I have noticed a huge influx of Queensland plated vehicles down here in Tassie who just LOVE travelling 30 kays or more BELOW the speed limit...very annoying...
They are all just confused by the distances between everything and are just driving like they always do in shopping centre car park......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #13
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I had some person tailgating me this morning on my way to school, I was sitting on 100 and he was RIGHT up my clacker, but I think thats the pick on the L plater mentality some people have.

Only two things annoy me while I'm driving and that is:

A) Tailgaters

B) People who pull out in front of you, while you're doing 100km/h and they SLOWLY accelerate to the speed limit, its down right dangerous.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #14
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Since cyclists operate a mode of transport not fitted with brake lights and indicators, their intentions are often unclear to the motorist. Rarely do they use hand signals, and if they do they are often confusing or ambiguous. That's all fine, but the trouble is there's a lot more of them on the road nowadays. For example, I don't like cutting them off at corners, so I have to get a reckoning on their speed in relation to mine, to either hang back to let them get to the corner first, or pass them and make a turn without upsetting them. Passing them on narrow roads is tricky too, especially if they decide to get up, bum off the seat to pedal faster, as then they tend to sway from side to side a bit. There's a lot of work to be done on this front by the road safety people around the world. At the end of the day they have as much right as motorists have to be on the road.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #15
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by max
Since cyclists operate a mode of transport not fitted with brake lights and indicators, their intentions are often unclear to the motorist. Rarely do they use hand signals, and if they do they are often confusing or ambiguous. That's all fine, but the trouble is there's a lot more of them on the road nowadays. For example, I don't like cutting them off at corners, so I have to get a reckoning on their speed in relation to mine, to either hang back to let them get to the corner first, or pass them and make a turn without upsetting them. Passing them on narrow roads is tricky too, especially if they decide to get up, bum off the seat to pedal faster, as then they tend to sway from side to side a bit. There's a lot of work to be done on this front by the road safety people around the world. At the end of the day they have as much right as motorists have to be on the road.

: what have I done.
Old 16-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #16
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
I had some person tailgating me this morning on my way to school, I was sitting on 100 and he was RIGHT up my clacker, but I think thats the pick on the L plater mentality some people have.

Only two things annoy me while I'm driving and that is:

A) Tailgaters

B) People who pull out in front of you, while you're doing 100km/h and they SLOWLY accelerate to the speed limit, its down right dangerous.
Are you on your L's?
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 06:24 PM   #17
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
: what have I done.
You've simply pointed out that dkheads roll on 2 wheels as well as 4. No surprises there I wouldn't think. Also tend to see them on 2 legs as well.. linked by a strap to something with 4 legs etc etc.. Safe and cautious road users are surrounded by fools in all forms..

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild

Last edited by jamesson1980; 16-10-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: been spelling long?
jamesson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 06:28 PM   #18
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Light blue touch paper and stand well back.....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #19
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:

Gold !!!

By huge influx you mean 3 or 4 right. :
Old 16-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #20
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Light blue touch paper and stand well back.....

Bwa ha ha -

no offence to jamesson1980 or max, I was referring to a previous post dated 10/10 (damn cyclists) - open up and prepare to forgo 3 hours of your time.
Old 16-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #21
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I hear you, hendrixhc. Last Sunday morning was full of lane-drifting, wandering, erratic and slow drivers who should have been in bed still.

All yours points are also complaints of mine, except I don't have many issues with car park dents. It's more the 4WD people who slam their stupid high doors into my mirrors, even when I'm sitting in the car. One woman did it twice in a few seconds.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #22
hendrixhc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well to add another whinge to the list!

Driving home tonight, i'm leaving a car park from my last job following a lovelly mitsushiti Magna when all of a sudden it stops. On come the reverse lights and the heap of junk starts coming straight back at me.

I jumps on the horn,to no result, and the driver continues back pulling down on the wheel to the left spinning the front end round to back into a park. Must mention there was only about fifty spare parks ahead of her.

Stuck me finger up, yelled out the traditonal aussie welcome to which she replied with a friendly wave. :

Still working out what ****ed me off her pathetic driving our the fact she thought i was being friendly!!!
1982 XE Falcon
1978 XCGS Falcon
1993 XG Ute
2015 FGX XR8
hendrixhc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2009, 03:19 AM   #23
sk8xr8
sliding by you...

dont even get me started, i had some woman that worked for the local council open her car door into my bf xr8 ute so hard that i thought i was hit by a motorcycle or something, then she just goes to walk off, i got out and lost my mind at her and she responded with, "sorry, i didnt realise you were in your car".. wtf?!?! since when does that matter? so its ok to damage someones car as long as they arnt there to catch you? then to make matters worse, some idiot who was walking past asks her if he should call the police because i look like im a bit too angry!!! are these people insane?!?!
sk8xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2009, 05:09 AM   #24
Phyber
BF= Backend's Farked

Mmmmmm yes. Driving along Roe Hwy in WAWA land here yesterday. Had been a great day, first really sunny day in ages. I'm in the right lane approaching a Hyundai Lantra (or something) in the left lane (two lane 100 zone). I'm sitting on the limit. The Hyundai is going about 95. He begins indicating as I'm approaching...the car swerves half a foot right then back into his lane. I'm thinking WTF was that...he's not changing lanes yet....waits until I'm nice and close...then slides over cutting me off.

No other cars near us. He slows down by 15. I slow too to avoid hitting him. Drive like this for about 5 seconds while my blood begins to boil...I decide he's a tool and change to the left hand lane to undertake him. I do so, get ahead and change back into right lane as my turn is coming up.

He changes lanes to the left, gets up next to me, his bumper about a foot or two in front of mine. Begins INDICATING. I could not believe my eyes. He moves slowly over, on TOP OF MY ----ING CAR. I briefly consider ramming but think sensibly and brake to avoid being hit, for a second time.

I see him rubbing his hands together in front of his rear view mirror, much to the other two occupants mirth. My vision is practically red at this point, knowing it was all completely deliberate.

We arrive at the lights, him in front and going straight. I indicate, change lanes to turn right and lo and behold they change their mind and move into the second turning lane behind me. I see the driver laughing his *** off. If I was faster to anger I'd have gotten out then and there with mag lite in hand and remodelled their car a bit but what can you do. I was too angry to get plates or video evidence as well dammit. They turned with me but I left them in the traffic, they didn't try a third stunt thank ----.

Totally ruined my evening.

Makes me want to keep half a brick in the car for easy tossing out the window, dangerous, illegal, but I can imagine it'd be satisfying as all hell.

-------------------------------------------
BFII XR6T - ZF box
Racewars 2017 result - 800m @ 229km/h - 1000m @ 241km/h
PB: 317rwkw - 11.94 @ 120mph - 2.093 60'
PB: Stock/208rwkw - 13.594 @ 105mph - 2.297 60'
-------------------------------------------
Phyber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #25
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

Try putting up with all those morons driving a semi. I carry concrete panels so i've usually got 20 to 24 tonne on trailer, make it hard to pull up quick when people do stupid things in front. HIGH BEAM!!! was pulling Safeway trailers at night last christmas and the ammount of idiots driving around on high beam is unreal. most dont dip them when you flash. I thought about buying a hand held spotlight to aim at them. Had a Tarago on Monash one night on high beam behind me, i slowed down and flashed him, when i passed he put them back up. This happened 3 times, just sat behind him on high beam in the end (was about 3am and i was tired, cranky and on way home).
Old 17-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #26
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:

Gold !!!

Pay back for all the caravaners you send up here that clog up our crappy highways :
Old 17-10-2009, 12:06 PM   #27
BOSHOG
avenge me

my eye started twitching half way through the first post, its too early for flash backs!
Old 17-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #28
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGXR8
Try putting up with all those morons driving a semi. I carry concrete panels so i've usually got 20 to 24 tonne on trailer, make it hard to pull up quick when people do stupid things in front. HIGH BEAM!!! was pulling Safeway trailers at night last christmas and the ammount of idiots driving around on high beam is unreal. most dont dip them when you flash. I thought about buying a hand held spotlight to aim at them. Had a Tarago on Monash one night on high beam behind me, i slowed down and flashed him, when i passed he put them back up. This happened 3 times, just sat behind him on high beam in the end (was about 3am and i was tired, cranky and on way home).
I know what you mean! I don't drive trucks, but the amount of people who drive around with their high beam on it's amazing, even during the day!!! I think it's because the believe that their low beams are too weak to use and that their high beams are about as bright as everyone elses low beams! I had a friend who held to this belief in his 60's Combi! Turned out the lights were aimed into the tress!

If it was me driving Rig Id be more worried about city drivers ducking weaving in front of you in heavy tragic at red lights! It's hard enough to pull up a Falcon with 800+ kilos of sound eqipment in a trailer, let alone a semi!! Don't envi you guys!!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #29
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some of the people who drive around with high beams do so because their heap of junk has blown the low beam element and to avoid changing it they just switch to high beam.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #30
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8xr8
dont even get me started, i had some woman that worked for the local council open her car door into my bf xr8 ute so hard that i thought i was hit by a motorcycle or something, then she just goes to walk off, i got out and lost my mind at her and she responded with, "sorry, i didnt realise you were in your car".. wtf?!?! since when does that matter? so its ok to damage someones car as long as they arnt there to catch you? then to make matters worse, some idiot who was walking past asks her if he should call the police because i look like im a bit too angry!!! are these people insane?!?!
i would of opened my car door on her car several times to see how she would feel !
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post