Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Default Police Officer bashed in routine traffic management check.

LINK TO HERALD SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heraldsun.com.au
A POLICE officer bashed as he tried to arrest an unlicensed driver has been released from hospital. Police Commissioner Simon Overland has vowed to catch the man who left the officer with serious head injuries.

The officer was on traffic duty on Dennis St, Dandenong when he pulled over a car with several male occupants at about 5.45pm for a routine traffic management check.

Police spokesman Beck Angel said the driver of the blue Holden Commodore was believed to be unlicenced.

When the officer called for back-up to take the driver into police custody he was bashed over the head by another person.

“Checks indicated that the driver of the vehicle may have been unlicensed and that the car was unregistered,'' Ms Angel said.

“After performing the checks, it is believed the member was then struck and other occupants of the car have become involved in the assault.''

It is not known what weapon was used and the driver fled the scene after the attack.

The officer remained conscious and was taken to Dandenong Hospital in a stable condition with head injuries.He was released from hospital shortly after midnight.

A spokeswoman for Police Commissioner Simon Overland said the attack “appalled'' police.

“We are appalled by this incident,'' the spokeswoman said.

“Police are not punching bags for the public.

“We will do everything we can to track down the perpetrators.''

Victoria Police is currently searching for the vehicle and its occupants and wish to speak to anyone who witnessed or who has knowledge of the assault.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au
Now seriously what the hell is wrong with people nowadays? I know there are going to be clowns posting in this thread that say the officer deserved it etc but no, he didn't. A bloke going about his job gets belted just because some goose chose to drive a car with several people in it unlicensed. That is utter BS and makes me sick, there are members here who are members of the force and I'm quite sure that most times they pull someone up they have this sort of thing in the back of their mind, whatever happened to respect?

There is no excuse for this kind of thing and anyone who says there is is delusional. What kind of a society are we living in when those whose job it is to keep up safe are no longer safe themselves.

07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The problem is if the cop was to try and defend himself and shot one of the clowns he'd have hell to pay and everyone, including judges, would be out to hang him saying he used excessive force.

What kind of scum do we have in this country? Police need to start getting trigger happy without consequences. So Sick of hearing about authority figures being assaulted, this includes paramedics, being attack for helping? Just let the scum die i say.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only way to stop it is to have politicians who will change the law so that there is a deterent for acting like a worthless animal
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Well i'll be the first of no doubt many to point out yet again, it is a commodore. I know it is the most popular car in this country, and i'm not saying all commodore drivers are like this (or falcon drivers are all angels) but this is just ridiculous. I don't know if there are hard facts (i know there were some for hooning violations) but its nearly always a commodore. It seems like 80% of the time but it must be at least 60%. You hear the new report on the radio...intro...a police bashing in Dandeong. 'The driver of the blue holden commodore etc. etc. '. WTF. Does the car attract the unsavoury, or do the unsavoury just have nothing better to own??

On a more serious point this is shocking. I'ver heard some stories in my time of some dodgy police practices and not 'practicing what they preach' but nothing justifies this sort of behaviour. Not to mention being unlicenced in an unregistered car is about as bad as it gets when it comes to basic roadcraft.

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

On the news report this morning I saw a couple of nice mopars at the scene, must have been neighbors.

Dont know what to say, much like that gang rape thread. Things are not good and the bogans need to be dealt with properly.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
On the news report this morning I saw a couple of nice mopars at the scene, must have been neighbors.

Dont know what to say, much like that gang rape thread. Things are not good and the bogans need to be dealt with properly.
True they do. I find it odd that Victoria being the biggest nanny state is also the state that appears to have the biggest issues with this sort of stuff. I don't know quite what to make of that but obviously something isn't working and really needs to be looked into.

Half the stuff that happens every night in the CBD never makes the papers and would shock most of you here. The things I saw working at Fed Sq even on a weeknight still make me cringe and those same reasons are why I no longer do a job that I loved and paid well. It just wasn't worth my life.
Old 30-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
True they do. I find it odd that Victoria being the biggest nanny state is also the state that appears to have the biggest issues with this sort of stuff. I don't know quite what to make of that but obviously something isn't working and really needs to be looked into.

Half the stuff that happens every night in the CBD never makes the papers and would shock most of you here. The things I saw working at Fed Sq even on a weeknight still make me cringe and those same reasons are why I no longer do a job that I loved and paid well. It just wasn't worth my life.
I could imagine, ive got a mate whos become a recruit and I am not looking forward to the stories.

There are so many problems its as if people dont know where to start, and thats the problem within itself, someone needs to make the first move towards fixing things, once that happens then it will make a knock on effect.

As you said, they are nazi's with the road rules so why cant they apply the same vigor to these situations...
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #8
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG

Sounds scary RG. I've been around melbourne a few times and whlie Brisbane is far from perfect (still remember that dude that was bashed to death for a pair of shoes in queen street mall) i definitely feel less at ease in Melbourne. And its not a lack of familiarity either..... Even locals i've been with don't much like parts of Melbourne at the wrong times of day. Its a shame people need to feel like that in their own city.....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Old 30-10-2009, 10:32 AM   #9
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordsman88
Sounds scary RG. I've been around melbourne a few times and whlie Brisbane is far from perfect (still remember that dude that was bashed to death for a pair of shoes in queen street mall) i definitely feel less at ease in Melbourne. And its not a lack of familiarity either..... Even locals i've been with don't much like parts of Melbourne at the wrong times of day. Its a shame people need to feel like that in their own city.....
Mate I've walked through cities in other countries at ridiculous hours and felt perfectly at ease. Paris and Prague are probably the best examples of this so it is possible for cities to feel safe despite what some try to tell us. The only other city I have ever been in that I felt as unsafe as I do in Melbourne was London and that's a bloody rough place in some parts. Then again it's not only Melbourne that is like that, I wouldn't walk through my home town of Ballarat at night just because I know what it is like.

It's not fear or anything like that, it's just knowing that it is unsafe and that you are likely to come across groups looking for trouble.
Old 30-10-2009, 10:42 AM   #10
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Mate I've walked through cities in other countries at ridiculous hours and felt perfectly at ease. Paris and Prague are probably the best examples of this so it is possible for cities to feel safe despite what some try to tell us. The only other city I have ever been in that I felt as unsafe as I do in Melbourne was London and that's a bloody rough place in some parts. Then again it's not only Melbourne that is like that, I wouldn't walk through my home town of Ballarat at night just because I know what it is like.

It's not fear or anything like that, it's just knowing that it is unsafe and that you are likely to come across groups looking for trouble.
I remember being told once by a mate of mine to be careful walking around part of Townsville because it 'wasn't safe'. I was like, WTF, its a regional QLD city with the biggest concentration of army in the country. He said 'exactly, attracts the wrong people and the cops are knowhere to be seen'. They talk about irony....maybe Vic has this issue because all the cops that are left are too busy working highway patrol? Every buck put into speed cameras is one gone from feet on the beat.

you can't blame it all on 'social conditioning'. Fact is there doesn't seem to be enough of a deterrent against this sort of behaviour in many australian cities. Cops are knowhere to be seen...even their stations are unmanned. Funny thing though, in my particular suburb it is often described as a 'police state'. We have a high number of cops patrolling the 3 or 4 adjoining suburbs, both in regular car patrols, on foot and even horseback ( : ). I think it is because it used to be a drugy hotspot (near the university of qld). I tell ya i feel 100% safe walking around at night here. Somtimes i jokingly complain that it feels like i'm living in nazi germany with the gestapo, but to be honest i wouldn't have it any other way.....

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Old 30-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #11
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
The problem is if the cop was to try and defend himself and shot one of the clowns he'd have hell to pay and everyone, including judges, would be out to hang him saying he used excessive force.

What kind of scum do we have in this country? Police need to start getting trigger happy without consequences. So Sick of hearing about authority figures being assaulted, this includes paramedics, being attack for helping? Just let the scum die i say.
Already happened a police officer is in trouble for shooting a guy that was threatening them with swords. As i said in the other thread in this day and age you can do what you want as you are unlikely to suffer any consequences.

As the govnerment cant make money off it, its not a problem that they will address.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #12
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF

Indeed. While I don't necessarily agree about being trigger happy, they should not be afraid to employ less lethal alternatives without having to run the gamut of legal scenarios in their head before the assailant start pummeling them.

Respect for Police authority would have to be at an all time low, largely, IMO due to them being kneecapped in being able to employ force. The majority suffer because of the yahoo cop caught being excessive. Punish the yahoo, don't punish them all.

Once upon a time, if you were disrespectful to Police, you'd find yourself taking a nap in the cage - phone book, optional. Not that long ago I watched a news report on dirtbags congregating in their ricers under the harbor bridge, mouthing off all sorts of expletives at patroling police - they were unable to do a thing about it.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #13
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Indeed. While I don't necessarily agree about being trigger happy, they should not be afraid to employ less lethal alternatives without having to run the gamut of legal scenarios in their head before the assailant start pummeling them.

Respect for Police authority would have to be at an all time low, largely, IMO due to them being kneecapped in being able to employ force. The majority suffer because of the yahoo cop caught being excessive. Punish the yahoo, don't punish them all.

Once upon a time, if you were disrespectful to Police, you'd find yourself taking a nap in the cage - phone book, optional. Not that long ago I watched a news report on dirtbags congregating in their ricers under the harbor bridge, mouthing off all sorts of expletives at patroling police - they were unable to do a thing about it.
This is what happens when you turn a Police Force into a Police Service.
Old 30-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #14
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB076
Already happened a police officer is in trouble for shooting a guy that was threatening them with swords.
That irritates me no end. Then the do-gooders and bogan families come out and proclaim, he'd never hurt anyone! They shouldn't have shot him! They should have disarmed him with silk scarves and hugs! We want the police involved to be hanged!

I know when I walk through a crowded street and a man brandishing a sword walks the other way, I think to myself.. 'Now there's a man that would never hurt a fly. Go forth brave sandwich hand.' :
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #15
Fireblade
Wizard Member

This is one of the reason US cops pull their guns on you before coming up to the car, what a society we live in these days. Hope the cop is alright. I might have my issues with cops and gov. but no-one deserves this for doing their job.
Old 30-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #16
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Was this cop on a motorcycle or in a car, and if he was in a car, why was he deployed by himself??

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #17
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Was this cop on a motorcycle or in a car, and if he was in a car, why was he deployed by himself??
VicPol TMU generally work 1 up.
Old 30-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #18
Spudz27
Call me Spud

That is a pretty low act. I hope the guy goes to jail.

Last edited by Auslandau; 30-10-2009 at 11:26 PM. Reason: As requested
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #19
bjr22n_
XR5TBO

This makes me sick, I hope the officer makes a speedy recovery and the criminals are caught... soon.

the twinkle toes say 'Police are too heavy handed' ... and you wonder why?

Its because these clowns are doing this type of stuff. Its has to be one of Australia most dangerous jobs because you cannot afford to take any risk.

Police are out there to service and protect the community. As stupid as these may seem but they don't make the laws, they enforce them. Laws are made for a reason, to protect and ensure we are safe.

DJR Team mate #14
bjr22n_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #20
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Mods please delete my post I can't edit it. For others ignore it, I was in a bad mood this morning and was venting. But the first sentence stands. Catch the guy and throw him in prison. At least in W.A we now have mandatory sentencing.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #21
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

I hope they catch the bastards and put some corpret punishment into them! DISGUSTING!
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #22
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

This is why Police need to know and having training in the some sort of hand to hand combat , ie BJJ , hapkido other then just pulling a gun and say stop.
DABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #23
just_pazz
Ford Convert

I don't really understand.... I got smacked in the chops a few weeks back. Nobodies crying foul for poor old me.
just_pazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 12:27 PM   #24
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS
This is why Police need to know and having training in the some sort of hand to hand combat , ie BJJ , hapkido other then just pulling a gun and say stop.
And all that would count for 2/10 of SFA when it is several on to one.
Old 30-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #25
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

This stuff makes me sick.....some people have no respect for anybody or anything these days except themselves....

Would be interesting to find out the ages of the people in the Commodore....
Old 30-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #26
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS
I'm not 100% sure what it is or how 'in depth' it goes but I think they do get soem form of training in this sort of thing.
Old 30-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #27
MAD
Petro-sexual

I can not stand when I read about things like this. The guy was not even man enough to accept the consequences of his actions. He must be a hero to his mates. I hope they get caught and have the full force of the law thrown at them.

Worse even is when you here of ambo's being attacked. These guys/girls are an absolute blessing and should be held on one of the highest pedestals in our society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
And all that would count for 2/10 of SFA when it is several on to one.
I dont think it would count for that little.
Have a look at how many countries in Asia train their police forces in the local arts.
Also many modern arts train with a focus to multiple attackers. Of course there is a limit, and I would never suggest anyone knowingly get involved in a fight with multiple attackers (or fight at all for that matter), but if you get put in that situation it could be helpful.
Old 30-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #28
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

I hope the officer makes a speeedy recovery.
Regardless of all the ups and downs, I have great respect for Police.
I travelled past the crime scene last night on the way home that street would've been pretty isolated at that time after all the businesses close down.
Im guessing the cowards would have flee through princess hwy then towards any of these 3 directions, 1. central dandenong towards city 2. south gippy hwy towards cranny or towards pakenham. eastlink and monash fwy are very accessible.
Lot of possibilities I hope they all get caught. I'm sick of these trouble makers.
Is the TMU fitted with camera ? If not time to invest.
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #29
EFPWR
B-Series Powered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
I can not stand when I read about things like this. The guy was not even man enough to accept the consequences of his actions. He must be a hero to his mates. I hope they get caught and have the full force of the law thrown at them.
Yep, full force of a 6 month suspended sentence or just community service. Our system is buggered, plain and simple. They should give the police tasers like they have in WA. Most would think twice about taking a swing at a police officer if they knew they were in for a shock like that.

Police need power to control people. They do not have it. Simple as that.
Old 30-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #30
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFPWR
Yep, full force of a 6 month suspended sentence or just community service. Our system is buggered, plain and simple. They should give the police tasers like they have in WA. Most would think twice about taking a swing at a police officer if they knew they were in for a shock like that.

Police need power to control people. They do not have it. Simple as that.
WTF thats disgrace.
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post