Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
620hp_gt

Angry Impounded GT-P, Wheel Clamp too small.

Had my GT-P impounded last night, alleged 80meter excessive wheel spin.

Cant believe it really! Fitted New High-stall converter, replaced and strengthed all the Diff mounts and thought i would test drive it on a back road out of town.

As I'm going sideways down the road with a cloud smoke, the law drives past.

Anyway, after an hour interveiw I'm told to take my car home and they will be around in half hour to clamp it.

When they came with clamp, it was only designed for stock rims and not the 19's. Couldn't clamp it thank-FPV.

So now its impounded in my shed with no clamp. Not funny, not proud... But the cops were shattered leaving with there expensive useless Clamp.

Old 21-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Although what you did was wrong... its still funny about their clamp problem!... hehe
Old 21-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On a positive note, sounds like the stallie and diff mounts work fine?
Old 21-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620hp_gt

Cant believe it really! Fitted New High-stall converter, replaced and strengthed all the Diff mounts and thought i would test drive it on a back road out of town.

Anyway, after an hour interveiw I'm told to take my car home and they will be around in half hour to clamp it.

When they came with clamp, it was only designed for stock rims and not the 19's. Couldn't clamp it thank-FPV.

So now its impounded in my shed with no clamp. Not funny, not proud... But the cops were shattered leaving with there expensive useless Clamp.
Strike 1, only 48 hours like in Vic?
Old 21-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
620hp_gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
On a positive note, sounds like the stallie and diff mounts work fine?
It was all good, The converter works a treat. Locks up and drives normal, even at 60km's p/h.

Then the big test, Stalled up to 3200rpms, let the brake off and straight on the limiter, into second gear and did it go..

Wrong place wrong time, but like the cop said...Your too old for this!!

I have no problem with them doing their job, I was clearly at fault!
Old 21-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
620hp_gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Strike 1, only 48 hours like in Vic?
7days, too the minute. And not before i was told.
Old 21-02-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not good that you got busted :-( but have to say it's refreshing to read someone actually admit they were at fault, that the cops were only doing their job and take it on the chin.

Hurrah! to you, sir.

PS. Sounds like one awesome Falc you have there :-)
Old 21-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

You're a complete idiot and you don't deserve to drive.
Old 21-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #9
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:

I have no problem with them doing their job, I was clearly at fault!
I'm in shock.......someboby taking responsibility for their actions !

Well done for being mature,
Bad luck about the impound

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
Old 21-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #10
620hp_gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Unfortunately too true, But were in SA can you test a car like this...

Never once have i said i haven't done wrong....

Like i told my partner, been DRILLED by them... Dont you start!!!
Old 21-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #11
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
It doesn't take long for grandma's army of do-gooders to storm in with their wisdom. Leave the bloke alone, he already admitted what he did was silly!
Old 21-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #12
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

620hp gt. disappointing to hear but as you admitted, you were at fault and have accepted responsibility. Step 1 in the leasons of life.

Just be prepared for all the do-gooders on here to bag you out ......... they seem to forget about their own glass houses.

Hope you get it back in good condition and, like many of us here, have learnt a little something from your misfortune (wrong place at the wrong time).
Old 21-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #13
620hp_gt

I also cant believe they took me to the station for over an hour, and NO beath test.

If i was a cop, i would think you've been drinking or on drugs!!

I hadn't been drinking but I did have 3 stiff jim beams waiting for them..
Old 21-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #14
kezzer

whilst it was abit silly, im sure it was well worth it haha, sucks in SA you have no where to test out your cars.
Old 21-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #15
620hp_gt

Its in my shed.. Which i respect as well. I wouldn't sleep for a week and ask to be impounded as well..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C.
620hp gt. disappointing to hear but as you admitted, you were at fault and have accepted responsibility. Step 1 in the leasons of life.

Just be prepared for all the do-gooders on here to bag you out ......... they seem to forget about their own glass houses.

Hope you get it back in good condition and, like many of us here, have learnt a little something from your misfortune (wrong place at the wrong time).
Old 21-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #16
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
It doesn't take long for grandma's army of do-gooders to storm in with their wisdom. Leave the bloke alone, he already admitted what he did was silly!
If he knew what he was doing was wrong and silly, then why do it?

Old 21-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #17
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Thats weird, here in Vic they tow it to the impound, then charge you all the fees.
Old 21-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #18
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like an awesome car & awesome skid. pity your fun ended early. doesnt sound like you were hurting anyone. lol about the clamp
Old 21-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #19
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it was out in the sticks on a back road and he knew what he was doing good luck to him, only person that can get affected by any actions are himself on the other hand in a built up area with surrounding houses different story. Some people belong behind the desk at ACA reporting on a a bit of useless info in regards to some guy who got caught doing 50kn/m over the limit
Old 21-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #20
gtfpv
GT

double post .
Old 21-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #21
gtfpv
GT

great post . i'm giving you points for it mate . F the do gooders and trolls in thier glass houses . mature post well done . i'm glad your car is where it should be . at home . the law has a job to do and sounds like atleast they are letting you keep your own pride and joy off the road in safe keeping for a while . ( they could've let y ou off with a warning) however this will be an appropriate lesson . not over the top . the plus side is . NO RIM damage from a clamp.
Old 21-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #22
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
He admitted it and he went out of town to do what he did ya turkey.
It aint your problem. :evil3:
Old 21-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #23
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

I think you are very lucky to have it still in the shed.. A friend of mine had his impounded for 7 days for a second gear bit a sideways acceleration in his SS. Came back to find all of his stainless rear mufflers squashed somehow too..
Old 21-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #24
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

He did the wrong thing and he was mature to admit it, i say good on him!, its good to no some people still understand that if you do the wrong thing and get caught you have to live with the punishment
Old 21-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #25
620hp_gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||
sounds like an awesome car & awesome skid. pity your fun ended early. doesnt sound like you were hurting anyone. lol about the clamp
I have read heaps of mods people have done, for me the Y/Terra twin Plenum, 100cell cats, and now this converter have all worked well and gained the best results.. 286rw/kw's.
Old 21-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #26
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
"Fitted New High-stall converter, replaced and strengthed all the Diff mounts and thought i would test drive it on a back road out of town."

To be honest I don't even think it was that silly - he did it on a back road out of town, it's just sour luck that a copper was nearby. Some people react as if he did it at 3:00pm in a school zone with kids in the car over a zebra crossing whilst text messaging with a stubby in the cup holder..
Old 21-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #27
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Threads like this are akin to a tree falling in a Forrest, if no one sees it did it really happen ?

If one posts something controversial on a forum viewed by the public they leave them self open to scrutiny.
Old 21-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #28
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I find it fan effing tastic that their crumby bane of existence fag clamp wouldn't fit that is the best thing that I see about this thread everything else is sad I feel sorry for you but am glad that the cops let you have your car @ home WHERE IT BELONGS. Nobody can look after your car like you can.

Holden special vehicles - for special people
Old 21-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #29
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
so the guy admits he's a "hoon" but he's ok 'cause he admitted what he did was wrong, if he hadn't been pulled by the cops ,hence no story , what does that make him,??? any less a hoon??
Old 21-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #30
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Because he's a human being. Sometimes people make mistakes.
Closed Thread