Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
josh_hartman
Banned

Default 351 windsor into xr8

i know where i can get a 351 windsor. how well would this fit in the au. would i have to change everything as i would want it injected

josh_hartman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you cant put a older engine into a newer car, unless u adhere by the emission laws etc

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
Cam
Stroking it...

I could type a huuuuuge post, but i am lazy.

So look at someone who has done it before..

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11271195
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #4
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
I could type a huuuuuge post, but i am lazy.

So look at someone who has done it before..

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11271195
I was going to suggest this thread also but just stroke the 302 to 347 and you dont need to worry about engineers reports etc and all your parts are bolt on off the shelf stuff, less of a headache.
BZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
josh_hartman
Banned

yeah i agree with the 347 bit. plus you can get a 347 short motor from the states for 2300
josh_hartman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #6
cedric
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_hartman
yeah i agree with the 347 bit. plus you can get a 347 short motor from the states for 2300
who is that through and is that us dollars,freight,duties ,gst ect. thanks
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 07:08 AM   #7
Cam
Stroking it...

I tend to disagree with the "ditch the 351 and build a stroker"

Why? Because I have a 347 and was looking at a 351, I have since changed my mind, but the idea does have merrits.. An early 351 non roller block will handle a LOT more power then our ****y late model 5L, thats what the appeal was to me, as well as the possibility of stroking the 351...

But short answers:
Is there a lot to change to make it EFI? Yes
Can it be done? Yes.
Can it be made legal? Yes
Is it a MASSIVE amount of work? Yes
Will it work out cheaper to buy an Dart block and stroke it? Maybe..But it WILL be less stuffing around..

Although as toyotaxr8 has done it (in the thread i linked earlier) a lot can be gained from reading his thread and asking the right questions..
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 07:18 AM   #8
BZINGA