Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
shevek

Default Standard WS Zetec, random 3k thoughts

No mechanical issues yet, no rattles

1) Bluetooth is great
I know upmarket cars have had this for years but it's impressive for a 20k car. voice controls are fun. "redial" is common.
I like the USB for podcasts.

2) I once drove off at night with lights off. Last century, darkened gages would wake me up, now there is no real feedback. A design flaw, or maybe just showing my age.

3) Paint seems a bit thin. Checked out a few apparent scuff marks (not me this time) to see bare metal. Local panelbeater arranged the right touchup pot.

4) I shop more at Woolies these days. Caltex is linked to WW in Sydney and has 95 but Shell - linked to Coles - doesn't have 95 near me, only V98.

5) I like rear drums. Cheaper, cheaper to service, wheels are cleaner. Anyone noticed fading?

6) Like the look but cleaning the inside of the steeply raked screen is a bit of a chore, plus all that sun on the plastic. Sooo European.

7) Agree the engine is a bit soft but so is the suspension. If it were stiffer - like Focus Zetec - tweaks would be more tempting. Don't want to get out of sync. I'll admit this sounds like a cop out.

shevek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

2)
I have driven at night in an underground car park once without knowing until I got outside. It is a little bit tricky and i'd say most new fez owners will have done it once or twice.

3)
A mechanic I know says, most new cars have way less paint than old cars (sometimes around 1-1.5ltrs on small cars) but heaps more clear coats to protect the paint...

Someone on the forum would probably know more about paint on new cars but thats basically how the mechanic explained it to me.

6)
Wait till summer and you'll just "love" the huge dashboard letting all the sun in!

7)
Fez might be soft compared to bigger cars, but after driving the competition in the same segment, its miles ahead of them...
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
GEZZA ZETEC

All sounds good i am going for mine tomorrow morning
GEZZA ZETEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2010, 12:24 AM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I too have forgotten to turn the headlights on, seeing the dials illuminated made me think they were already on. I have a process of checking before taking off now, headlights being the third check! Glad your enjoying it fella, and I agree with the suspension. A little too soft in the corners, needs to be stiffened up so it doesn't roll as much in the corners. Definitly a trade off as it rides beautifully.