Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 29-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

Default zetec n xr5 wing the same?

Hey guys n gals.

might seem a silly question, but is the (LV) spoiler/wing on a zetec the same as the xr5? im guessin not, anyone got pics to show difference if any?

thanks.

sump.

Old 29-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Hi sump,

negative. The LV Zetec spoiler different to the XR5. The XR5 wing is larger and slotted.

check out

Zetec
http://www.carsales.com.au/Tig/UI/Pa...src=allcarhome

and XR5

http://www.carsales.com.au/Tig/UI/Pa...src=allcarhome

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

ahhh thort zetec had slots. no worries. thanks for that.

why didnt i look on carsales :(

cheers
Old 01-07-2010, 03:36 AM   #4
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

Fwiw... Get an RS wing. They looks the secs, but they are pricey.
Or hang around the XR5 forums for a while and see if anyone sells an XR wing after buying an RS wing.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #5
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

LOL RS Wing on a Zetec! CRAZYYYYYYY!

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #6
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj-zetec
Fwiw... Get an RS wing. They looks the secs, but they are pricey.
Or hang around the XR5 forums for a while and see if anyone sells an XR wing after buying an RS wing.

yeh have been talkin to a few guys on there! if anyone is wondering, its for the old lady's car, not mine, altho retrofit a hatch spoiler to a sedan? hmm
Old 01-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

There's a Focus ST (XR5 Turbo) going around in my area fitted with a RS Wing and it looks the real deal.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
There's a Focus ST (XR5 Turbo) going around in my area fitted with a RS Wing and it looks the real deal.

THE ASBO?

yeh i love his car.

another question guys.

does the brake light from an LV zetec wing fit inot the LV xr5 wing?

i heard it could be slightly different shape... :(

thanks..
Old 15-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #9
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Quote: "The ASBO?

Could well be but I've never actually spoken to the owner I've just seen it from the footpath driving past.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 16-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #10
sumpPUMP
SUMPA's sedan

did it look something like this? =D

Old 16-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #11
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

No that's not ASBO's Focus. Sorry, I should have been more specific and mentioned that it's a Orange Focus XR5 Turbo that I've seen. I love that photo of their Focus BTW.