Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
NC_Lane
NC Fairlane Ghia

Default Fiesta Colour Availability

Hi All,

Does anyone know what the deal is with the fiesta these days?
A friend of mine has been to a ford dealer looking for a fiesta and he wants it in gunmetal (not sure what the correct name is ). the dealer has told him that they are not briningin any more of them till some update happens later in the year, and that he can have a black one they have there or that they will try to do a swap between dealers.

Sounds a bit strange to me.
Does anyone have an idea about this?

-AU Falcon Wagon 4.0L Still Stock
-80 Series LandCruiser 4.5 LPG
NC_Lane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
HLC
Audi S3

go to another dealer. plenty of them out there.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are meaning the Thailand movement, similar to Mazda. The dealer most likely doesn't have any grey until the allocation for Thai built vehicles are available which is this month I think?
Old 04-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Fiesta is currently built in Germany and the Czech Republic ... Ford have built a plant in Thailand to manufacture them for the Asian and American markets (including Australia).

Production will start shipping to Australia within the next couple of months.

There will be a slightly different colour range, with the biggest change being a 6-speed Powershift Auto transmission mated to the 1.6L engine (supposed to be more fuel efficient than the manual).

This combo should hopefully win quite a few new customers who have the bigger/more powerful engine and what is supposed to be a fantastic transmission.

Pricing may drop a bit also (Free Trade between Australian and Thailand).

If I was your friend, I'd put off my purchase a couple of months and wait for the new Fiestas.

Althought I wouldn't swap my German built one for a Thai Fiesta, but that's personal preference ... Ford say the quality will be the same.
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
NC_Lane
NC Fairlane Ghia

Thanks Guys..
-AU Falcon Wagon 4.0L Still Stock
-80 Series LandCruiser 4.5 LPG
NC_Lane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta God
Fiesta is currently built in Germany and the Czech Republic ...
Fiesta is built in Germany, Spain, China, Mexico and now Thailand. Some parts are manufactured in the Czech Replic however it's not built there.

It'll be very interesting to see what specifications we get. Models are said to retain their current strategy (CL, LX & Zetec) but I'd like to think we'll finally get DSC standard among others.