Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 4000KM 1 Roo and lots of fun

We have had the little Fiesta for a month or so now and had planned a huge holiday up north Queensland. My parents are playing grey nomads at the moment so we went to surprise them.

As we only had a week off from work we decided to head straight out on the Friday night after work.

We had fixed spot lights on her before the trip as I use this little beast as my daily & battle roos & emus almost nightly.

A full tank of fuel and off we went

At about 3am we hit a roo :( Must say this was the worst possible thing I thought would have happened. I really didnt think the little car would hold up against a good sized roo ....... I was a little pensive about the air bags going off. (Naive me has never had a car with them before). We stopped and checked out the front end & found that all that could be seen was the lower grille had been dislodged....... Pretty amazed we kept going until we got to Miles and stopped for fuel.

I checked the front end carefully in the light & was stunned that apart from a couple of lugs that hold the grille on the only other apparent damage was the tow point cover had popped out, clicked it back in & she was jake and the passenger side blinker on the side panel had also popped out. Pushed that back in place & she looked like new again

Off we went again heading to Proserpine.

These little cars are awesome, so much so that was the only thing to report in a negative way.

Along the trip we were able to get the fuel economy to 705KM per tank ...... I am NOT complaining about that for an 06 manual vehicle

The handling in twisty bits was crazy!!!!!! I read somewhere that they are referred to as Go-Karts ..... best description ever

I would thoroughly recommend this car to anyone. I am greatly surprised by her, I have always been a 'big' car girl ........ well I was mistaken :P

MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree. I've always had large cars, but after test driving the XR4 couldn't sign for one fast enough. The Fiestas are an excellent, fun little car.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 06:32 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

The only thing I wish for was that if the WS had about 20Kw more
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #4
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad that you had a good trip mother nature. Lucky that roo didnt bust the Fez up!!!

Damo I thought you were getting a supra or a ute or something months ago?
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL We did get a ute too.....a Courier for hubby ;) Have had a bit of an upgrade time with vehicles here...... Well the Sprint is still here & always will be.
Have sold my little Laser & now need to sell the XH ute & we will be set ;)

I normally hate talking up a vehicle because we all know what happens when we do .... but after all those KM's in one week I think Im safe
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2010, 12:56 AM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
Glad that you had a good trip mother nature. Lucky that roo didnt bust the Fez up!!!

Damo I thought you were getting a supra or a ute or something months ago?
Yep, finalising the sale on my Fiesta soon
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post