Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-12-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 
Default Reduction of Tasmanian speed limits-public submission contact details

Ok, to make these email addresses easy to locate....... here's the appropriate contact details for objections to be lodged.

The ministers office (the minister responsible for Infrastructure amongst other things);

david.obyrne@dpac.tas.gov.au

The department responsible for collating submissions, and the proposal as it stands right now;

saferspeeds@dier.tas.gov.au

The proposal as it stands right now(various other information also available on this site);
http://www.rstf.tas.gov.au/events/s...ds_consultation

As I have said, public submissions close in around 6 weeks time, if you're inclined to act, please do so NOW.

Please do your best to make your submission, direct, courteous, and professional. The persons collating the submissions are not the ones making the decisions! DO NOT shoot the messenger! Remain courteous, or risk having your submission deleted before it is considered.

Please spread the word about what is transpiring down here. Provide these email addresses to all parties that are in a position to help, any / all associations, motoring groups, enthusiast clubs you may be a member of, or linked to - should be encouraged to lodge INDIVIDUAL submissions.

The more submissions we are able to generate, the better, the louder our voices will be heard.

As I have said when I first posted - don't be fooled into assuming this only going to effect Tasmania. It is not, and believe me when I say that other state governments are watching this develop very closely indeed. What happens down here WILL happen elsewhere.

I will post the email addresses elsewhere in the forum to gain maximum exposure.

Speak up now, or allow this to be bulldozed through legislation.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Guys, my sincere apologies – the ministers email address bounces back – I will advise the correct email as soon as possible!

Please bare with me.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 16-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
tex
Broken

Ministers email address;

djob@dpac.tas.gov.au

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 16-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

Perhaps you can have an example (template) letter to keep everything simple and to the point?

People sending letters then won't have to think to hard or chuck it in.
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
tex
Broken

Hi HP4ME,

it isn't hard mate.

1. Send to, and start the letter "Dear Mr O'byrne...... djob@dpac.tas.gov.au
2.CC a copy to the department saferspeeds@dier.tas.gov.au
3. Briefly outline the reason(s) you oppose the reduced speed limit from 100kmph to 90kmph on 'rural' paved roadways ie. Won't address the underlining issues ;
-decaying road infrastructure
-driver education
-driver training
-condition of motor vehicles on the roads
-drink / drug driving
etc
4. Tell him you will not vote for the Labour party in the next election should the proposal progress
Include your name (but I suggest not your residential address).

There's no right or wrong for your submission, just make it clear that your vote will be forfeited should the government proceed.

thanks in advance

tex

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 16-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #6
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

i am from vic mate personally I couldn't give a rats bum, just suggesting something to make it easier and uniform to show cohesion for all you guys.

good luck!
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #7
tex
Broken

yeh ok.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 17-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #8
tex
Broken

The objections are being responded to - at least we know they being read!

Minister David O’Byrne has asked that I acknowledge and thank you for your correspondence dated 16 December 2010 in regards to the above.

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Dear (tex)

Please be advised that your correspondence will be brought to the Minister’s attention.

Kind Regards. [/QUOTE

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.

Last edited by tex; 17-12-2010 at 04:42 PM.