Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-02-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Another carsales scam?

FG XR6 Turbo ex police pack, but its only had a mature owner... LOL

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...70&keywords=fg xr6 utility&tsrc=allcarhome&__Ntk=CarAll&__Nne=15&__Dx =mode matchany&__D=fg xr6 utility&silo=1011&seot=1&__sid=12DEAF3EC99B&__N=12 16 1246 1247 1252 1282&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_De cimal|1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&_ _Qpb=true&__Ntx=mode matchallpartial&Cr=0&__Ntt=fg xr6 utility&trecs=575

warning!!

Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
Kryton

So why is it a scam?
Maybe it was from a 'one horse town' where there is only one Officer.
Hardly see how its a scam at all.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
MAV50L
Banned

It doesnt say anywhere that he is the only owner. It just says mature owner.
MAV50L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Scam? I don't think so...

Storm in a tea-cup.... ??? Perhaps...

Where does it say 'police pack'?
Old 07-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
fairBA
Banned

The scam is the add says "hard to find model"
Is a white auto turbo!

57,000 kms in 10 months but still as new.
fairBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

He doesnt say its a police pack thats part of the scam!!.. It is one, they are the only cars allowed to be optioned with 4 pot brembos / fpv 18's. Plus it has side bags / reverse sensors.

He probably only paid 24 - 25 kay for it at Auction.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #7
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

^^ Hardly a scam.
Incorrect/untruthful maybe - but not what I'd consider a scam.

Edit: 6 pot Brembos from factory... is that even possible?
(I know of a couple of people who have tried - but never seen one)
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......

Last edited by DJL351; 07-02-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Added more
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
buggo
[BU66OS]

Yeah wouldn't call scam. It would have been a HWP in the country, explains the high kays. Having brembos is a good bonus too, wouldn't be bad if you get him under $30k.

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
^^ Hardly a scam.

Incorrect/untruthful maybe - but not what I'd consider a scam.
Okay not a scam then, just untruthful bs dribble.

I only posted it incase anyone here was looking at it, sorry for wasting everyone's time.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #10
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not long ago I saw a 300c srt8 with 22inch chromies said "one elderly lady owner". Not a scam but likely bullcrap.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #11
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Not long ago I saw a 300c srt8 with 22inch chromies said "one elderly lady owner". Not a scam but likely bullcrap.
Had a 300c sit right up my backside today on the way home on my bike. So changed lanes and it went past. Got to the lights, looked over, and its this really small elderly lady behind the wheel. Didn't have chromie wheels, but I was wondering why such a small older lady would drive a car like this.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #12
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Those old ladies can surprise you.

One night about 10pm was driving home, had an old lady in a Camary that spun the wheels away from every second set of traffic lights.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #13
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
Those old ladies can surprise you.

One night about 10pm was driving home, had an old lady in a Camary that spun the wheels away from every second set of traffic lights.
She might have had a bung leg and not been able to operate the clutch correctly!!!

(assuming that it is manual which is more than likely incorrect).
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 02:03 AM   #14
CODSASR

Must be ex HWP there is a picture for every angle and part of the car except there is not one of the dash? obviously so a potential buyer does not see all the holes from the police equipment untill they turn up for inspection and can be spun a load of crap....

still a good buy though........................................

2012 SZ TS Territory
CODSASR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 03:17 AM   #15
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Dude, Hardly a "Carsales Scam". Jeez, they are only a form of classifieds. They are NOT the ones selling you the car! Perhaps the person selling the car may be telling a few porkies, that has nothing to do with Carsales. If the car is a genuine "real" item they have no control over the content of the ad apart for profanity etc.

Obviously with it being first rego in April, yet it expires in June, Something there is not straight and would suggest re-registered.
as for the upgraded brakes and rims well "factory" can be interperted many different ways. Being 4 pot bremos and Genuine FPV rims (if they are), they could be considered "factory upgrades".

Also having said that, those wheels are BA Typhoon aren't they? did not think they have been made/fitted for a few years now, Unless they were a dealer fitted option from old stock.

Anyway.... As I said....your thread title is a bit misleading as well.
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #16
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTpilot
Dude, Hardly a "Carsales Scam". Jeez, they are only a form of classifieds. They are NOT the ones selling you the car! Perhaps the person selling the car may be telling a few porkies, that has nothing to do with Carsales. If the car is a genuine "real" item they have no control over the content of the ad apart for profanity etc.

Obviously with it being first rego in April, yet it expires in June, Something there is not straight and would suggest re-registered.
as for the upgraded brakes and rims well "factory" can be interperted many different ways. Being 4 pot bremos and Genuine FPV rims (if they are), they could be considered "factory upgrades".

Also having said that, those wheels are BA Typhoon aren't they? did not think they have been made/fitted for a few years now, Unless they were a dealer fitted option from old stock.

Anyway.... As I said....your thread title is a bit misleading as well.
NSW police made Ford fit brembos to their XR6 Turbos otherwise they would not order them, apparently the standard brakes weren't good enough for HWP duty. Ford fitted them all with 18 inch typhoon wheels as the standard XR6 T wheels will not fit over brembos.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #17
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
NSW police made Ford fit brembos to their XR6 Turbos otherwise they would not order them, apparently the standard brakes weren't good enough for HWP duty. Ford fitted them all with 18 inch typhoon wheels as the standard XR6 T wheels will not fit over brembos.

If he sold it to an unsuspecting buyer and didn't disclose that he'd purchased it at auction where he was informed that it WAS a police vehicle, then it is a scam. By the VIN number, Ford Australia knows the vehicles history and may not honour the warranty as it is a public vehicle used in extreme conditions. Little Johnny Turbo buys it and after a couple of months it needs some serious transmission work; what do you think Ford will say?

Sorry to say it, but second hand police vehicles aren't worth diddly-squat. All those start ups to WOT, climbing gutters and crossing over median strips, totally thrashed to the point where brake pads need changing every 10,000klm and tyres last maybe 15K? Forget it.
It'd be like someone stealing and joyriding in your car everday for 6 months then giving it back to you. Bugger that.

Quote: