Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Default Subway

Who here eats it on a regular basis?

What's your favourite bread, sauces and complete sub?

I've found myself to be eating the more healthier end of there selection as an alternative to KFC and Hungry Jacks lately and I'm curious as to what other people find appealing within there selection.

Are there any combinations one should stay away from? Whether it be tasting absolutely horrid to having more fat than a Big Mac.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Subway is like prostitution, when you pay someone to a job that your Mrs does for free.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

White footlong steak and cheese, double steak, add chicken breast, all 4 cheeses doubled, toasted, handful of lettuce, onion, five or six massive handfuls of jalapenos, southwest and ranch sauce.
Amazed the subway crew at st maries when I first did it, was a monster of a sub.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Usually got for the Italian BMT here or the Chicken Teriyaki.

Italian Herbs & Cheese bread, old English cheese, lettuce, onion, carrot, jalapeños, capsicum and hot chilli sauce. Oh and it has to be fresh as well, not toasted.

Probably have it…twice a week? I love it…I honestly can’t stand KFC, McCrappo, etc…They make me literally feel crook after eating it. At least subway is one of the healthier alternatives around.

HAHAHA Holy poop Iggy....Frankensub!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.

Last edited by XR6_661; 10-03-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
chrisfpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
White footlong steak and cheese, double steak, add chicken breast, all 4 cheeses doubled, toasted, handful of lettuce, onion, five or six massive handfuls of jalapenos, southwest and ranch sauce.
Amazed the subway crew at st maries when I first did it, was a monster of a sub.

What a monster.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Southwest Sauce is the best.... Whatever sub I get - I always ask for extra...

Though - I did have my bluff called once... and paid a hefty price...

My weapon of choice is the cheesesteak (the original one) footlong on italian herb/cheese bread... salads are lettuce/tomato/cucumber/pickle/jalapenos...

I asked for EXTRA Southwest Sauce, and the 'Sandwich Artist' complied... While she was doing the sauce I was distracted talking to a friend, and when I turned back the sub was all wrapped up...

Got back to work... Sat down... Unwrapped...
I believe I must have ordered the Southwest Soup Sub...
There was SO much extra sauce - I reckon it was about 1/2 the bottle... it was incredible... So much that the bread was not crunchy at all - it had soaked thru everything...

BUT - because I had other colleagues around - I had to power thru it...
It was amazing... and I like hot stuff (hence the jalapenos, and southwest sauce) but this was so much... I was sweating as I ate...

I got thru the whole thing... but my belly rumbled much like Homer Simpson's when he ate that Gueatemalan pepper...

*SIDE NOTE* If anyone know's how to buy the subway sauce...
(legitimately or under the table)... please PM me...

Loftie
Old 10-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
MAD
Petro-sexual

I'm fairly simple and go with Meatball on itailian herb and cheese, double tasty cheese, hot salami (sometimes add bacon too) with lettuce, carrot and mayo.
Or occasionally I substitute meatball with roast chicken.

The subway near me (Parkmore shopping centre) has what they call 'gormet cookies'. They are the normal triple choc cookie, but with melted chocolate drizzled on top... lots of it too... mmmmm
The only thing is that they sell quickly and are often sold out when I go there.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Got my favourite chicken fillet footlong on italian herbs with cheese, lettuce, capiscum, olives and tomato. Mayonnaise and extra salt and pepper. Gives a nice creamy bite to it.

Also substitute the chicken fillet and mayonnaise with meatball and BBQ sauce.

Only thing is mine must be toasted. For some reason I can't stand eating it when the bread isn't toasted.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #9
chrisfpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD
I'm fairly simple and go with Meatball on itailian herb and cheese, double tasty cheese, hot salami (sometimes add bacon too) with lettuce, carrot and mayo.
Or occasionally I substitute meatball with roast chicken.

The subway near me (Parkmore shopping centre) has what they call 'gormet cookies'. They are the normal triple choc cookie, but with melted chocolate drizzled on top... lots of it too... mmmmm
The only thing is that they sell quickly and are often sold out when I go there.
Whoa, i've never seen them before I don't think. Must be just that one perhaps. Damn you!

and lmao at loftie, nice story. That Southwest Chipotle sauce is heaven.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #10
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interestingly there are now more Subways in the world than Maccas.

I have a foot long (I wish!)

- Terriaki chicken
- Whole grain
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, gerkin, olives and Jalapenoes
- Sauce is hot chilli and chipolate southwest
- Pepper

Killer combo.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #11
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Interesting this subject came on today as I had my second only Subway today...I didn't like it the first time, and I certainly didn't like it today.

Why does the bread taste so processed?? YUK!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #12
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sweet Onion Chicken Terriaki
Foot Long
Italian herb and cheese bread (toasted)
Cheddar cheese
Tomatao, lettuce, onion.
Honey mustard sauce + salt and pepper.

Also sometimes run a chicken bacon ranch the same.

I do wonder though just how much healthier subway is than say maccas or kfc. I eat there on average 3 or 4 times a week.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #13
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO_XR

I do wonder though just how much healthier subway is than say maccas or kfc. I eat there on average 3 or 4 times a week.
End of the day, probably not much...

Depends what you have...My fav has ham, salami, pepperoni on it and sometimes bacon if I opt for it...

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #14
chrisfpv

Quote:
Sweet Onion Chicken Terriaki
Foot Long
Italian herb and cheese bread (toasted)
Cheddar cheese
Tomatao, lettuce, onion.
Honey mustard sauce + salt and pepper.

Also sometimes run a chicken bacon ranch the same.

Just like any fast food or takeaway place, there's the good with the bad. I'd imagine it wouldn't be much different than McDonalds or KFC if you were getting a foot long Italian herb and cheese on a chicken parmigiana sub with extra cheese and extra sauce and a coke and cookie for example.

But if you were to order let's say, a six inch turkey sub on wheat bread with no cheese, some salad and no sauce then it's packed with healthiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Interesting this subject came on today as I had my second only Subway today...I didn't like it the first time, and I certainly didn't like it today.

Why does the bread taste so processed?? YUK!
What did you have, spill the beans...
Old 10-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #15
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I had a really boring Honey toasted bread ( I think it was) with Ham and lettuce. So a really basic sandwich... and it wasn't anything to write home about...or on a forum about really!

I just don't like Subway bread. Simple as that.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #16
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I didnt think we allowed fast food threads to survive on AFF.

Interesting that this thread should be still open, someone started a thread on Macca's multi layer cheese burgers or something a while back and it was swiftly closed.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #17
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
I didnt think we allowed fast food threads to survive on AFF.

Interesting that this thread should be still open, someone started a thread on Macca's multi layer cheese burgers or something a while back and it was swiftly closed.
Yeah, but Subway is awesome.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #18
THE CADBURY KID

Yep,footlong whitebread,double ham with grated cheese and caesar sauce,mmmm im off to subway...
Old 10-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #19
Dustin_80

Does anyone know what the actual meat content of the meatball sub is?
I stopped eating them because unfortunately in this day and age you just have to assume they are only a tiny per centage actual meat.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #20
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Yeah, but Subway is awesome.
Agreed, but were taking the kids out for tea tonight, then to see Rango at the pics and i was planning on KFC...All this Subways good talk is just muddying the waters
Old 10-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #21
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I don't like the idea of going to a fast food place for a roll. Gimme some greasy burger and some real salty chips.

I've had subway twice, I reckon if I went to a deli and bakery, I could make myself a much tastier roll.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #22
Simple6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Tech article on rear bushes. 

Healthy Subway?

Not for the tasty ones!

Going off footlongs (because who eats 6 inchs anyway!)

Values include wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, capsicum, cucumbers and cheese.
Meatball - Fat 49.8g/Sat Fat 18g/Salt 2400mg
Pizza - Fat 37.2g/Sat Fat 16.4g/Salt 2260mg
Italian BMT - Fat 37.2g/Sat Fat 16.6g/Salt 2360mg
Chicken Fillet - Fat 30.2g/Sat Fat 12.4g/Salt 2100mg

Compared to
Big Mac - Fat 26.9g/Sat Fat 10.6g/Salt 958mg (+ Medium Fries - Fat 19.8g/Sat Fat 2.3g/Salt 354mg) - For a meal
Zinger Burger - Fat 18.1g/Sat Fat 6.5g/Salt 1188mg (+ Reg Chips - Fat 11.8g/Sat Fat 6.1g/Salt 304mg) - For a meal

According to McDonalds our RDI's are -
Fat - 68.5g
Sat Fat - 23g
Salt - 2315mg

Make up your own mind - I guess you get some good stuff out of the salads with Subway but its a hard sell for me with Subway. They of course offer the Ham etc etc which is very healthy but most people go for the ones I listed above thinking they've done better that McDonalds/KFC/Hungry Jacks!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #23
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka
Interestingly there are now more Subways in the world than Maccas.

I have a foot long (I wish!)

- Terriaki chicken
- Whole grain
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, gerkin, olives and Jalapenoes
- Sauce is hot chilli and chipolate southwest
- Pepper

Killer combo.
I'm with you on that one, although I dont mind mixing it up a little with caeser dressing from time to time. Don't mind their dairy free fruit smoothies either, although the ingredients are frozen.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #24
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geeeeze I'm boring

I have a 6" whole grain with roast chicken fillet no cheese all salads including pickels olives chilies capsicum onion Lettus tomato cucumber and carrot and no sauce or mayo

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 10-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #25
chrisfpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
Geeeeze I'm boring

I have a 6" whole grain with roast chicken fillet no cheese all salads including pickels olives chilies capsicum onion Lettus tomato cucumber and carrot and no sauce or mayo
Do you have that because you enjoy it or because it'd be one of the healthiest options on the menu?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #26
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Subway is a healthier option than most others...

I get my Italian Herbs and Cheese bread in a footlong size, chicken fillet with lettuce, tomato and carrot. Any cheese (all that plastic crap tastes the same), and mayonnaise.

That whole 'it's sooooooooo healthy' thing is called marketing. The same as Holden 'going better', the Toyota Prius saving the Earth and Kevin Rudd providing "New Leadership".

Don't snap my undies.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #27
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

I can stand the processed crap that passes as meat at Subway, so all I ever have is a wrap with all the salads, no cheese and LOTS of southwest sauce.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #28
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I favourite is:

foot long, Italian Herb and Cheese, fresh, cheese, lettuce, tomato, capsicum, cucumber, onions, mayo.

And macadamia cookies as well.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #29
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
I don't like the idea of going to a fast food place for a roll. Gimme some greasy burger and some real salty chips.

I've had subway twice, I reckon if I went to a deli and bakery, I could make myself a much tastier roll.
now we talkin.. man up and hit your local fish n chippery... big greasy burger loaded with beetroot, egg, pineapple etc etc.. minimum chips loads of chicken salt and a decent piece of battered fish.. all washed down with a sudsy bottle of your favourite brew.. delish...
Old 10-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #30
My poor XF
Geelong FC 07, 09 & 2011

Footlong seafood on Italian, mozzarella and old English cheese, toasted, lettuce and tomato and heaps of ranch dressing.

Delish!!