Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #1
smokemsa
Banned

Default back to burnouts

guys i read all the post about phatty,s funeral overnight and i waited cause people were posting absolut crap about a group of people they dont know!!!

i am one of the so called knuckle draggers i guess!! iff thats what ya call someone who spends 120 grand building a car to travel australia and smash tyres even set fire to the fkrs every now n again!!

burnouts are a sport just like all other motor sport except its classed as a low speed event !!

these people you watched on the news were actualy people that own some of the best burnout cars in the country!! the fella you saw on the news talking was also a very good freind of mine who last time i seen him skid was using a 3000 hp studibaker at his own invitation only event!!

he loved phatty the chick on tv was steves missus the other one that died she knew this was going to happen at the boys farewell and it meant alot to her!!

now this happened because phatty was an absolute legend and he just would win everyones heart that met him , we all loved him and he will be sadly missed in the burnout/ street machine scene aust wide!!!

phatty travelled to almost every burnout show that was on as he truely loved his SPORT!!

i didnt come on here to get duds slag off at me all i say is watch the video see what sorta fella he was and decide yourself was this how he wanted to be farewelled!!

heres a video of him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1rRv...&feature=share

of course it was and had my big block been running atm i wouldve been in that line!!!!

Old 06-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #2
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 
Default Re: back to burnouts

Old 06-06-2011, 12:22 AM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

I think you will find the objection is that it is hard enough being a motoring enthusiast without more attention drawn to what is the minority in reality, but the majority get hit with the consequences.

Thats it, nothing about the bloke, the sport whatever...theres a time and a place and thats why those events are held at tracks..thats it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 06-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #4
BHDOGS
Banned

Why would this get locked i see what the guys saying it wasnt a hoon event it was proper enthusiasts paying tribute with cars built for the very purpose that the man himself enjoyed asked for by his wife at the funeral hence why the police sat back and watched if it was a bunch of knobs in some vns im sure the cops would of cracked it so give the guy a break and r.i.p
Old 06-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #5
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

I can understand your pain by recently losing a loved one myself, but, a time and a place is all I can say, and this was neither.

Sorry for your loss, but you must understand ours, and the publics perception on this incident, which has shed a very bad light on our beloved passion.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:30 AM   #6
WMD351
Size it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Anyone who thinks this was acceptable behaviour needs to take a good hard look at themselves.

To call anti-social behaviour that provides fodder to those who would take our passion and enjoyment in our cars away from us a "tribute" is to make a mockery of all that this forum stands for.
Not much more needs to be said.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:31 AM   #7
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Enough has been said on the matter and smokemsa has had his rebut ... so before gets into a right or wrong we will leave it there.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread