Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Default Genuine car lovers or plain fun spoilers?

A good mate of mine showed me a property he knew of with a heap of cars he said I might like. When we got around the corner I seen a row of about 5 or 6 torana's including a few LX 2 doors and in the yard beside that was an XW with GT stripes (supposedly legit) and another XW/XY sedan behind it. Most of the cars were in reasonable condition and would make for awesome projects. My mate said that the bloke always has people going in and asking about them but never wants to sell anything.

The cars are all uncovered out in the weather and to be honest his house and yard have seen better days.

Now I know there are a lot of stories like this but the question has to be asked are these kind of people genuine car lovers or do they just love to annoy people and let cars go to waste?

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Default Re: Genuine car lovers or plain fun spoilers?

I think it's called "hoarding" and generally the inside of the house will be just as bad as the outside, I don't think it has anything to do with annoying other's with their acquisition's, it's a mental disease that they can't let go, we all have a bit of it in us, some more so then other's.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #3
kenz
BOSS Pilot

probably neither mate, people like that probably wouldnt think anything of it and just see it as a few old cars laying around in the yard not caring of what they are worth or that they are sitting out in the weather

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
rusty 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there seems to be plenty of dreamers like that that have all intentions of oneday restoring them all but never will

out west its not so bad, but near the ocean classics out in the weather only last a few years before rust starts to set in.

ive seen a few around my way and in less than 10 years they go from something you could rego to having rust holes a child could climb through its depressing isnt it
rusty 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #5
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know a fair few car hoarders and there's always a lot of different reasons why they have these cars. Maybe he bought them years ago when they were cheap and nobody wanted them. You couldn't give away a Torana or X-series Ford a few years ago. Some car hoarders might buy a whole car purely for one or two parts, or maybe they buy the cars with the intention of parting them out/getting them running and never bother? At the end of the day I think they are car lovers, you would have to be to some extent to work on cars and learn about them, but fail to see the value in these older cars hence why they go neglected.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #6
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know a bloke who has lots and lots of old cars still running, hes very rich, old and sort of smart lol, he is keeping all of them because he believes one day all the ecu's will crash and everyone will come running to him for hes carby cars lol, he also uses all the old truck engine oil, diff and tranny from local diesel mechanic workshops and puts it in his tractor for oil lol
Old 07-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #7
XRATE-UTERUS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankclare
A good mate of mine showed me a property he knew of with a heap of cars he said I might like. When we got around the corner I seen a row of about 5 or 6 torana's including a few LX 2 doors and in the yard beside that was an XW with GT stripes (supposedly legit) and another XW/XY sedan behind it. Most of the cars were in reasonable condition and would make for awesome projects. My mate said that the bloke always has people going in and asking about them but never wants to sell anything.

The cars are all uncovered out in the weather and to be honest his house and yard have seen better days.

Now I know there are a lot of stories like this but the question has to be asked are these kind of people genuine car lovers or do they just love to annoy people and let cars go to waste?

whats his address? my torana might be sitting in his yard, id love to tear the ***** a new ******** whoever took it.
XRATE-UTERUS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post