Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
MR SOFTY
softy

Default Stereo In Gtp 335

Just wondering if anyone knows what brand of stereo and speakers does fpv uses in this car , MK 2 GTP 335
just that I was little disappointed of the sound quillty well not a little but a lot I do realise that it is one big head unit gps, sat nav , and so but If I had my way APLINE is the way to go just wondering if anyone has done any upgrade to speakers or amp or head unit !!!!!! only 8 weeks to go before my baby turns up have not felt this way for about 30 years
only new to this site but love reading all the articles on here

MR SOFTY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
scottyg938
Stock Boss

Default Re: Stereo In Gtp 335

pretty sure the stock speakers would be pioneer, and yeah I agree they are very underwhelming.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11364374 - this is what I've done to mine, I don't have any pics of the speaker install but its got
Front - Focal 165KRX2's
Rear - Focal 165VR's
Amp- Focal Solid 4

Sounds much much better than the stock ford set-up

Blueprint | Manual | Leather | Premium sound | Sunroof | Shockworks coilovers | TrueTrac + 3.73 Diff Gears
scottyg938 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
Cheech
HELL YES

do the gt335 muffler mod & you won't be worried about the stereo !

2019 Ssangyong Rexton fourby (the daily driver, tow pig & snowmobile)
Cheech is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
MR SOFTY
softy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyg938
pretty sure the stock speakers would be pioneer, and yeah I agree they are very underwhelming.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11364374 - this is what I've done to mine, I don't have any pics of the speaker install but its got
Front - Focal 165KRX2's
Rear - Focal 165VR's
Amp- Focal Solid 4

Sounds much much better than the stock ford set-up
hey thanks for that looks like you know what your doing !!!!!! very nice mate
Old 07-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
MR SOFTY
softy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheech
do the gt335 muffler mod & you won't be worried about the stereo !
LOL I will be getting a new exhaust going for a kpm or xforce not sure yet but so true mate
Old 07-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
scottyg938
Stock Boss

One big thing you can do to improve the sound quality from the factory speakers is to put some sound deadening in there.

Blueprint | Manual | Leather | Premium sound | Sunroof | Shockworks coilovers | TrueTrac + 3.73 Diff Gears
scottyg938 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The factory speakers are bad. If they are like the ones in the BA BF, use them as a paper weight and get new ones.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #8
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's a stereo ?
GT 160 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
StrikeTwiceXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 160
There's a stereo ?
100% . If it was an optional extra, it's a box that I wouldn't have ticked
StrikeTwiceXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #10
RHR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

theres a thread on here about a "sub fix" in short the polarity is reversed on the sub in the parcel shelf and "fixes" the problem

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11317786
RHR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #11
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stereo is horse **** isn't it?

Quick fix above does help a little though.

I don't think there is enough grunt in the factory amp to just add new speakers, although I would like to hear peoples experience from just changing them, and I don't think anyone has successfully added aftermarket amps without introducing noise.

Stereo shops say they can get rid of it, but from what I have read most people end up with noise at low volumes. The alpine amps with speaker level inputs are meant to be some of the cleanest, as is using a quality sound processor to add pre-outs, but I would be disappointed to spend all that money and time and still have noise entering the system via the dirty sounding factory source. And I definately don't want to add an aftermarket head unit.

Been keen to hear from anyone who has a clean sounding set up
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #12
MR SOFTY
softy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonkymofo
Stereo is horse **** isn't it?

Quick fix above does help a little though.

I don't think there is enough grunt in the factory amp to just add new speakers, although I would like to hear peoples experience from just changing them, and I don't think anyone has successfully added aftermarket amps without introducing noise.

Stereo shops say they can get rid of it, but from what I have read most people end up with noise at low volumes. The alpine amps with speaker level inputs are meant to be some of the cleanest, as is using a quality sound processor to add pre-outs, but I would be disappointed to spend all that money and time and still have noise entering the system via the dirty sounding factory source. And I definately don't want to add an aftermarket head unit.

Been keen to hear from anyone who has a clean sounding set up
yes same here mate dont want to change head unit either but might try a alpine amp with some speakers and just see for my self even the sub as well , think some one said most likely pioneer in them already always throught pioneer was ok but not as good as apline let you know how I go in time just get the car first lol (: getting closer