Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default fines

I got fined because my son parked my car illegally. The fine was $140. By the time I found out about it it had escalated to $209. I asked for time to pay (pension) That was accepted. Only problem, my licence and rego were cancelled for the payment period. Now to the point of this thread. ACA reports that two young women owe over $30.000 between them to their debt recovery offices. Both of these women think it is a big joke and both are still driving their registered cars on their uncancelled licences. WTH??? A few years ago, they would have been heading to gaol!

graham7773 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: fines

I hope sonny boy got boot up the ****?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

graham if you are vic your rego wont be suspended at all you just wont be able to renew it when it is due

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
BAXR8_Ute

If you fill out the stat dec on the back of the ticket to say your son was driving, they'll reissue the ticket to him for the original amount and the time to pay will reset too. If you enter a payment plan they usually reinstate your license and rego status... That sounds weird that yours are still suspended... Sorry cant help with why those two moles can still drive around..
Old 09-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
casabonka
You can call me Chris

I saw that on aca... Jail would sort them out... Both sounded like imbosiles!
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows

Last edited by casabonka; 09-05-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #6
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casabonka
I think you mean imbecile...

...And yes, they no doubt are!
Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham7773
I got fined because my son parked my car illegally. The fine was $140. By the time I found out about it it had escalated to $209. I asked for time to pay (pension) That was accepted. Only problem, my licence and rego were cancelled for the payment period. Now to the point of this thread. ACA reports that two young women owe over $30.000 between them to their debt recovery offices. Both of these women think it is a big joke and both are still driving their registered cars on their uncancelled licences. WTH??? A few years ago, they would have been heading to gaol!
If you take their licenses or put them in jail how are they going to continue to provide revenue?

The constitution says that states cannot tax so this is their work around. It is all about money, nothing else........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by casabonka
Imbeciles? I disgree... seems they are still driving, are they not? You want to call anyone an imbecile point to the people who have allowed them to continue....

Probably using every loophole and out available to them. Why, because they are available to them I assume.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #9
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My problems are sorted now and I have my licence and rego back. I just cannot understand why those 2 are allowed to get away with it. From what I can see, they blatantly abusing the system and the seat polishers in their respective motor and roads offices are letting them do it. Yaaggghhh! Seems the more you owe, the more you can get away with!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #10
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I got fined because my son parked my car illegally. The fine was $140.
$140? who'd he kill? sheesh
Old 10-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #11
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My problems are sorted now and I have my licence and rego back. I just cannot understand why those 2 are allowed to get away with it. From what I can see, they blatantly abusing the system and the seat polishers in their respective motor and roads offices are letting them do it. Yaaggghhh! Seems the more you owe, the more you can get away with!
The main issue is these people are portraid as immortal,so all the other little kiddies think its ok to do it
There was a list in the brissie paper awhile ago that listed the top 20 people and what they owed in revenue,absolutely scary
That aside, they now cancel your licence straight away IF fines arent dealt with,its the only way they can perhaps control those who think its fine to not pay
SPER is usually a way to eliminate the lose of licence , and the minimum amount your required to pay is relevant to the fine, wether your unemployed or employed
Unpaid fines keep increasing due to the government costings, so best to nip it in the bud quick as possible
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #12
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would love to see a constitutional challenge against using petty infringments such as speed cameras and parking fines as a defacto taxation system.

It has got to the stage where systems are designed to raise revinue rather than increase safety and this mentality is restricting developing Australian infrastructure.

If it was true that "speed kills" then all cars would have been restricted to 110km/h flat out.
If it were true that cigarettes kill then they would be banned outright.

And it goes on......the sad thing about 21st century Australia:

Steal from a private person they will give you a good behavior bond.
Steal from the government they will hunt you down and take everything you have.

Hurt a private person and they will give you a good behavior bond.
Threaten a ATO pleb on the phone even in jest and they will jail you.

Murder a private person and they will look for you at least until the media get bored and beat up something else.
Even joke about hurting a senior public servant or politician and they will nail you to a cross.

Once we were free Australians......
Old 10-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #13
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I would love to see a constitutional challenge......
Does Denis Denuto still practice????
Old 11-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #14
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I would love to see a constitutional challenge against using petty infringments such as speed cameras and parking fines as a defacto taxation system.

It has got to the stage where systems are designed to raise revinue rather than increase safety and this mentality is restricting developing Australian infrastructure.

If it was true that "speed kills" then all cars would have been restricted to 110km/h flat out.
If it were true that cigarettes kill then they would be banned outright.

And it goes on......the sad thing about 21st century Australia:

Steal from a private person they will give you a good behavior bond.
Steal from the government they will hunt you down and take everything you have.

Hurt a private person and they will give you a good behavior bond.
Threaten a ATO pleb on the phone even in jest and they will jail you.

Murder a private person and they will look for you at least until the media get bored and beat up something else.
Even joke about hurting a senior public servant or politician and they will nail you to a cross.

Once we were free Australians......
We all know after being drowned with "Speed kills" and other stupid campaigns that it revenue raising first and foremost
Arent the government legalised criminals ???
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #15
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

You can punish idiots like these 2 that owe thousands in fines, but it's as plain as the nose on your face, they don't learn and don't really care. hence the reason why their fines are as high as what they are.

Jail them...Not really....just means people like us are paying their room and board. Not fair is it?

Why the dept would punish the Op the way they did, restricting his rego etc etc...Who knows.....They're a bunch of robots that can't see past their noses.....I'm just glad the OP spoke to someone with a bit of sense and got the restriction rightfully lifted

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #16
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

svo supporter, things have gotten really lax. Some time ago, if you did not pay your fine, you went to gaol for a bit. Same with people, usually men who did not pay child maintenance (child support now) They could finish up doing 6 to 12 months for not paying. I don't know what is going on with those 2 women (imbeciles as previously noted on this thread) but how are they getting away withit. I mean if I ripped Centerlink off for $30000, I would be looking through a set of bars right now. These women are ripping off the government and by extension, you and me for the same $30000. Why are they getting away with it???
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #17
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
svo supporter, things have gotten really lax. Some time ago, if you did not pay your fine, you went to gaol for a bit. Same with people, usually men who did not pay child maintenance (child support now) They could finish up doing 6 to 12 months for not paying. I don't know what is going on with those 2 women (imbeciles as previously noted on this thread) but how are they getting away withit. I mean if I ripped Centerlink off for $30000, I would be looking through a set of bars right now. These women are ripping off the government and by extension, you and me for the same $30000. Why are they getting away with it???

I'm aware they have relaxed the laws about jailing people for non payment of fines and child support. I think it was aimed more towards getting the revenue from these people, rather than paying for it jailing them..(ie us tax payers paying for their room and board)

Why are these imbeciles getting away with it????I have no idea....Yes, it peeves me, honest people like ourselves go through hell and back over "petty" fines like yours, but what can we do about. I honestly don't agree with jailing, as we would be paying for their stay, but on the other hand, I have no idea what to do with them?

Yes, I see where you're coming from and I fully understand why you'd be peeved, but at the end of the day, there isn't alot we can actually do about these types.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #18
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some context here before you all trip over you white sheets and stab yourselves with your pitchforks.

These girls have killed or hurt.....no one
They have stolen.....nothing
They have not sold drugs
They have not vandalised or damaged anything
They have not poisoned the environment

All they have done is annoy some public vegetables and a few here by just refusing to pay parking and speeding fines.

What would happen if EVERYONE refused to pay parking and speeding fines?

Well apart from a couple of our state governments going broke and several of our leading wowsers blowing a foofle valve not much at all.

Historically many unfair and unjust laws have been overturned after civil disobedience despite the extreme angst expressed by a tiny minority.

Or have you all forgotten those convicted and penalised over Vietnam, the mardi gras, CB radio, operating a TV without a license.

It was not that long ago that it was legal to beat your wife or children as much as you like provided the stick you used was no wide than your thumb (rule of thumb), women and Aboriginies could not vote, you could not emigrate here unless you were white.

Parking fines and speed camera fines are now just taxation by stealth and have little to do with road safety but beatups like this sure do take attention away from the real problems in this country.........
Old 12-05-2012, 01:20 AM   #19
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Some context here before you all trip over you white sheets and stab yourselves with your pitchforks.

These girls have killed or hurt.....no one
They have stolen.....nothing
They have not sold drugs
They have not vandalised or damaged anything
They have not poisoned the environment

All they have done is annoy some public vegetables and a few here by just refusing to pay parking and speeding fines.

What would happen if EVERYONE refused to pay parking and speeding fines?

Well apart from a couple of our state governments going broke and several of our leading wowsers blowing a foofle valve not much at all.

Historically many unfair and unjust laws have been overturned after civil disobedience despite the extreme angst expressed by a tiny minority.

Or have you all forgotten those convicted and penalised over Vietnam, the mardi gras, CB radio, operating a TV without a license.

It was not that long ago that it was legal to beat your wife or children as much as you like provided the stick you used was no wide than your thumb (rule of thumb), women and Aboriginies could not vote, you could not emigrate here unless you were white.

Parking fines and speed camera fines are now just taxation by stealth and have little to do with road safety but beatups like this sure do take attention away from the real problems in this country.........
If parking fines and speeding fines are administered by the state, is there any mechanism in place to enforce these fines on a registered resident/vehicle of another state?
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post