Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
Matthew
AU2 (Oo===oO) XR6

Default v8 options

Hi guys

Im currently contemplating putting a v8 in my AU and iv'e just been looking at my options.

Power wise i was looking at 250 to 300 rwkw if possible, maybe more lol

The obvious option is buying a second hand windsor and fixing that up but it seems as if the block will detonate with to much power from what iv'e read. Or I could buy a strengthened aftermarket block but this is where it gets a bit tricky for me as to what to get exactly.

Iv'e looked at ARP and Pavtek the later seeming to be the cheaper:
http://www.pavtek.com.au/index.php?o...nes&Itemid=144

Then theres the guys at fordstrokers from the usa who seem to be a bit more flexible on there package and chuck in a bit more, im not sure how much it will cost to get it here though.
http://www.fordstrokers.com/fordstro...-short-blocks/

Are these Dart blocks or similar?

So yeah ultimately either way it will be a 347 no bigger as i suspect the extra deck height will mean adding a bulge.
Just not sure if its worth it going aftermarket, what numbers could i expect from these engines and for what price all up?
I plan on going with AFR heads too but may look at the pro comp 210cc as they seem ok on dads 302.

cheers, any help appreciated
Matt

Old 18-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Re: v8 options

For those figures your only option is a stroker or a blower (or both)

If it were me Id do it once and do it right, aftermarket stronger block, alloy heads and then your choice of blower. It wont be cheap but it will be reliable.

You will need to consider the rest of the driveline too, the T5Z manual box will not handle it and the auto would need beefing up.
Old 19-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #3
ebgtjames
Need More Cubes!

Some info in my build thread starting on page 5 on upgrading from a 302
windsor, page 27 onwards has some info on FordStrokers

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1327800&page=5

STREETBUILT Racing

1993 DC LTD
EB GT Drive Line!
ebgtjames is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
Matthew
AU2 (Oo===oO) XR6

Yeah i thought it might be a bit optimistic, its just that i saw some of the 342 windsors in the power and times thread and a few seem to be around the 260 270rwkw mark. Interested to see whats done to them or how reliable they are.

Thanks James im looking into it now, one hell of an eb you got there lol