Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #1
Jungle28

Default Need help, EL 96 Auto service Question

Hi All
Went to top up the auto as it lags in the morning from 1st to 2nd, and low and behold, no dipstick to check the level, Where the heck is it????
Or does it require to be topped up from underneath the car, if so please advise as to how to do this safely and possibly instructions would help as well as i do not own a manual at this time.

Thanks for any help

Warren

Jungle28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Ford decided that people were not smart to use the correct fluid (BTR95LE) so the removed the dip stick, there is a plug you take out to fill the fluid, but I can't recall the location of it on the gearbox.

Can somone please move this thread to ea-nl technical please.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #3
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

No dipsticks anymore

On gearbox, under the car, right hand side, near muffler, you will see a 16mm nut half way up the side of the box, undo this and fill till it flows out.

Car must be level for fill to be accurate, you wil probably need a pump to get the oil in, or plan B is use a long piece of hose with a funnel on top and thread it down where the dipstick used to go, best have 2 people if doing this way.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #4
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah the Auto gearbox Dip-stick has been deleted on the falcons and allot of other cars for some time.

The Filler/ Old dipstick Hole is on the transmission Duh LOL, sorry can't tell you the exact position as i have never looked on a EL, but it will be fairly obvious if ya get your head under there with torch possibley on the left side.

My advise would get a filter and full flush done if it's never been done before, if it has over 100k on the clock as the fluid will be rooted .
Old 20-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #5
Jungle28

Thanks very much for all your help :

Think I might just put it in and get it serviced, probably due as we have have only recently bought it, so god knows when it was done last if ever,,,,,,,,

Thanks once again

Warren
Jungle28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post