Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Thumbs up Father's Day

Hey folks, yes father's day is coming up this weekend - I'd like to share with you my contribution to society. I'm a damned proud Dad of my two daughters. I and the Mrs broke up 8 years ago, but we have raised our girls to have respect, tolerance, forgiveness and kindness for all. Also not to take **** from anyone and stand on their two feet! We've done the best we can, and I think we've done an admiral job of it. It will be a lucky man that scores one of these girls!

You learn from mistakes in life, I've made plenty and have tried to instill my learning in my daughters to be good people.

I'm so proud of these girls. I dearly wanted a son to raise into a man - screw that! Nothing better than having two brilliant girls.

Here's my 18 year old, Ashley.

And my youngest, Sheridan 16.

They got their looks from their Mum - I'm very ordinary.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Father's Day

corker kids mate, you should be very proud.

I wish them all the best in whatever they decide to undertake in life.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congratulations man

My son is the eldest, and when my wife gave birth to my daughter I didn't know what to do.

10 years on she's fantastic, any man that doesn't have a daughter really has know idea what he is missing out on.

My Daughter is fantastic, she's a lot like her mum, happy to roll her sleeves up and get grease under her nails.

Yesterday, I was driving with both my kids in the car and was telling them that I had some things to discuss with their grandmother that may not sound nice but were in her best interests.

Sam pipes up with, I've never seen you nasty dad (nice as pie) though there was that time when you went target shooting and got a perfect score, that was a little scary.

All I could say is when you get a boyfriend in 30 or 40 years just remind him of that moment before you bring him home.

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have 4 children

daughter 11 yrs (i know what you are saying there Yeti )
son 8 yrs
son just turned 6
and finaly another daughter 14 months old

while they do your head in sometimes i love them to bits

here are my 3 oldest

and my littlest daughter

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We get together for all our birthdays and our kids partners birthdays, and of course mothers day and fathers day, this Sunday will be no different, we are lucky all our 4 kids (and partners, wives, husbands) live close by, so it is normally an awesome day.

Oh, our kids are 33, 31 and twin 29 year olds (along with 4 grandkids)

My wife and I celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary last Tuesday.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Geez Jason, your daughter is so cute - I just want to pick her up and give her a hug!

On a sad note about fathers day - my dad died when I was eleven on fathers day back in 1977, never thought about it until now. Bugger! He was 43, I've outlived him by 3 years. Never mind - life goes on!

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
Geez Jason, your daughter is so cute - I just want to pick her up and give her a hug!

On a sad note about fathers day - my dad died when I was eleven on fathers day back in 1977, never thought about it until now. Bugger! He was 43, I've outlived him by 3 years. Never mind - life goes on!

Cheers!
which one the older one or the youngest they are both jewels in my eyes

sorry to hear that fathers day has a sad element to it due to your fathers passing but look at the good side you have great kids that you will bee there for a long time to love and support

keep your chin up mate life is great with kids to love and support through life

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With a bit of luck I will get a call from my eldest Daughter (Aylah), she will be concentrating on her defacto and three daughters.

My middle Daughter (Yolani), hopefully, will visit, make me a cuppa tea and some muffins, give me a big hug, sing a few songs together then head off to her Fiance's place.

I won't hear from my son (Deaclan) as he still has not come to terms with my impending death. His coping mechanism is to not see / speak to me. I understand this from a psychological point of view (but it still hurts).

On my afternoon siesta, my Dad will visit in my dream and I will get to talk to him.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #9
Dalonian
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not sure how to spend father's day this year. My partner and I don't have any children yet and my dad died of cancer late last year. Might have to chalk it up to a sad day.

My Show and Shine thread:

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread...27#post5975027
Dalonian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #10
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_BF_mKII View Post
I'm not sure how to spend father's day this year. My partner and I don't have any children yet and my dad died of cancer late last year. Might have to chalk it up to a sad day.
not how your dad would have you spend a day buddy.......as a very proud father of two fantastic boys and grandfather of 3, two girls and a boy I for one would want my kids to celebrate my life.....not sit around mourning me.

you want a bit of advice from an old fool, get some friends together and either have a barbie or simply raise a glass to his memory.....enjoy the day.

not a day for sadness........he gave you LIFE......make it so that was not a waste of time, go live it in his honour......when the time comes, be the best Dad you can possibly be.,

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
7 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #11
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's good to see there are some strong and admiral families out there!

I have 2 sons and a daughter. As said above there's no feeling that compares to having a daughter. This year will be my first Father's Day spent with her (she was born Sept 8 last year). We are lucky enough to be spending time with both my patents, my wife's parents, brothers and sister in law and most of all my 3 beautiful kids, the most important things in my life:

I hope you all have a great day with your families and enjoy the time spent with your fathers, even if it is just sitting down enjoying memories of them or having a chat with them in a dream like Vincenzo!
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 30-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #12
Dalonian
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
not how your dad would have you spend a day buddy.......as a very proud father of two fantastic boys and grandfather of 3, two girls and a boy I for one would want my kids to celebrate my life.....not sit around mourning me.

you want a bit of advice from an old fool, get some friends together and either have a barbie or simply raise a glass to his memory.....enjoy the day.

not a day for sadness........he gave you LIFE......make it so that was not a waste of time, go live it in his honour......when the time comes, be the best Dad you can possibly be.,
Thanks mate, good advice.

My Show and Shine thread:

https://fordforums.com.au/showthread...27#post5975027
Dalonian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #13
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post

Cheers!
No the feeling dude, my dad passed away fathers day weekend 2010, I was the one who found him and couldn't get him going again

My kids, make sure I have a fantastic fathers day and I don't dwel on it

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #14
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks mate, good advice.
more than welcome, if the feelings get a bit strong on Sunday, poke your nose back in here for support.

mostly just enjoy the day......fathers day is a hard one for a lot of folks for a lot of reasons.......everyone has developed coping strategies to get through.

support and friends is the key.......plenty of both in here I'm glad to say.

3 users like this post:
Old 31-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #15
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Nothing on this planet is more important than family thats for sure! Everyone please have a great fathers day & cherish those great memories & times Thanks for the photo's guys, great kids you have there!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 31-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #16
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Just a suggestion, you and your partner could go visit an old Mens/Folks home and maybe give an old man a bit of cheer? just to sit and listen would be enough.

I lost my Father the Friday before Fathers day in 1986, I still miss him very much. RIP Dad.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #17
Spurious

You might like to watch this. I'm raising a very cheeky young bloke. Spitting image of his dad.
http://youtu.be/vZJIfV0XTlE

The vid' is me pranking my boy, he turns 12 on tuesday 3rd sept'. Nice to know I can stay one step ahead. We usually go tit for tat. All's fair in love & war!

I always tell people "you havn't lived 'till you've had kids".Attachment 79640

Last edited by Spurious; 16-09-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #18
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Well done Flivver, I am sure that he will always remember the good times he has with you.
plus, BIG L
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #19
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
I always tell people "you havn't lived 'till you've had kids".
Parts of my childhood were absolute s*it. I decided I was not going to get married and if I did there sure as hell would not be any kids. Married at 26, wife eventually talked me into having kids. First arrived at 30, second at 33 and last at 36. I am forever thankful for there presence in my life and could not imagine life without them, (yes, even my son - see previous post).

Here is a SMS I got from my youngest girl this AM.

"Good morning Papa my Papa

I thought I would send you a message for Father's Day today, but I had no idea what to say that would explain how much I love you and how much I appreciate what you do for me. So here goes.

Thank-you for always being there for me. I know that sometimes I can be an obnoxious child and I forget to call or message for days on end. It's nice to know I have a Dad who cares so much about me and encourages me to do my best all the time regardless of how much I complain.

So Dad, I love you. Thanks so much for being the best Dad I could ask for.

I am at work now Papa about to eat my breakfast - Te amo Papa san

Happy Father's Day"

She is 22 and is the manager of an Electronics store for the last two years.

Cheers Vincenzo - I feel so proud

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3 users like this post:
Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #20
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like you've raised an amazing daughter there Vincenzo! Hope you hear from your other 2 aswell
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #21
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Stuck here at work on Fathers Day has been hard really.

it's one of those good/bad days for me as well .... i lost my Father suddenly when I was 12 (in 1990) ... and now I have 2 awesome little boys (4yo and 5 months old now) and love them to bits. But there's time where I wish my Dad was here to see how they (and myself) have groen up over the years. One of those things that I really miss.

Wish i was home today ... but alas I can't be.

Both my wife and i would have liked to have had a daughter as well ... but it seems only boys for us by the looks of things. We aren't going to try for me as we are happy to have had 2 at least .... at one point we thought we weren't going to have any.

I need to get some more pics of the boys ... especially together.

Jack (about a year ago I think)

And Adam about 1-2 weeks old

Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 02-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #22
Spurious

I tell you Mechan1k, that boy of yours (Jack) looks like a "thinker". I suspect he will be telling YOU how to fix thing's by the time he's a teen.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #23
Spurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf View Post
Well done Flivver, I am sure that he will always remember the good times he has with you.
plus, BIG L
Thanks Papa Smurf. I try to always be grounded for his sake, that is to say, I stay level headed & "tell it like it is'. Even if I'm the one at fault. My boy LOVES those opportunities to poke me with a big verbal stick!

The world & the people in it including him is not perfect. I'm teaching him to think for himself. I always want to blurt out the answer to make his life easier but he must learn to think & decide on things himself.
It's great fun to watch and I'm thrilled to bits when he makes the right choices from a labyrinth of options!

Dads...give your kids the gift of your knowledge, knowledge is real power!
Old 03-09-2013, 01:53 AM   #24
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
Dads...give your kids the gift of your knowledge, knowledge is real power!
In latin (latinae)

Scientia est Potentia - Knowledge is Power

Use it occasionally to end private emails.

Cheers Vincenzo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]