Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #1
warp5
Starter Motor

Default MC Mondeo Zetec ecoboost 60k service

Hi All

My MC Ecoboost Mondeo is just up for its 60,000km service, the warranty has just expired so I thought I would do the servicing myself.
I currently service my BA Fairmont and EL falcon and have done since the warranty's expired.

I have a couple of questions....

1. What oil do people use? I was planning on using Nulon 5w30 Full synthetic.

2. Does the oil filter require a special tool? I saw the filter today and thought it was quite small!

3. What Spark plugs do people use? I was going to put in NGK iridium plugs.

4. Automatic transmission fluid. does the Dual clutch auto run dry or wet? if it runs wet then I understand why the oil may need changing.

5. I also use Nulon E20 in the engine oil on the BA and EL, I have had the head off the EL at 200,000km and it was in really good condition (when doing the head gasket) I thought perhaps it was the Nulon E20 keeping the head in good condition, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance, I have enjoyed reading the various articles and look forward to reading many more.

warp5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: MC Mondeo Zetec ecoboost 60k service

Hi,

Try doing a search, most have been answered...

1) http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...t=ecoboost+oil
2) no, just a spin on / off type filter (I only use genuine FoMoCo filters)
3) http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ost+spark+plug
4) Developed by Getrag Ford Transmissions GmbH as a 50:50 Ford and GETRAG joint venture, the Ford Powershift transmission consists of two layshaft transmissions working in parallel, each with its own wet-clutch unit. Thanks to the layout of the intermediate shafts – one carrying the 'uneven' gears 1, 3 and 5, and the other the 'even' gears 2, 4 and 6 – subsequent gear changes can be prepared by pre-selecting the next gear while in motion and at full power. The change then takes place through the opposed activation of both clutches, this being co-ordinated to avoid torque interruption. In contrast to conventional automatic transmissions, the basic technical configuration of the Ford PowerShift transmission offers numerous advantages. It does not, for instance, require any complex sub-systems such as torque converters, planetary gear sets, multiple wet-clutches and multiple bands – all of which significantly reduce gearbox efficiency through increased inertia and drag torque effects. Homologated fuel economy data for the 203 and 240 PS 2.0-litre Ford EcoBoost engines paired with Ford PowerShift, clearly demonstrates how efficient a modern powertrain combination with automatic transmission can be. The new Mondeo with this state-of-the-art powertrain delivers a combined fuel economy of just 7.7 l/100 km (36.6 mpg)* and an average CO2 emission level of just 179 g/km. The combination of Duratorq TDCi engine (140 or 163 PS) and Ford Powershift, generates an even more impressive combined fuel economy of just 5.6 l/100 km (50.4 mpg)*, with an average CO2 emission level of just 149 g/km (info taken from a UK Pre-Delivery Brochure).
This is also classed as a "B" Service and gets done at 60,000kms and 120,000kms etc. Here is a link to another members experience; MAS89 wrote - The 60.000 capped service a killer. $850 ..they change the gearbox oil..which is $60 a litre.but it had to be done..
5) I use Liqui-Moly engine oil flush when I do an oil cange, but Nulon should be fine.
Old 22-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #3
warp5
Starter Motor

Thank you very much OPE126.

I'm a bit new to the forum so I hope to work my way around the forums better soon.

Appreciate your response
Old 22-05-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
mas89

yes I would do mine own when my extended warranty runs out..yes the gearbox ,the ford guy said some have bypass this and then find that they have gearbox problems later. the oil they used was FOR6U7JM2C936AA ( that's the code on my invoice ) looks like 7litres @ $200.13 .

Last edited by mas89; 22-05-2014 at 11:05 AM.
mas89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2014, 09:40 PM   #5
warp5
Starter Motor

Do people like Fluid Drive service the Auto transmissions properly? or would you be best just to take it to a ford dealer to do?
Old 12-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #6
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

warp5, just noticed your post in the other thread relating to the letter received...