Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #1
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Pursuit and GTF Matte decals

A lot of you would be aware of the problems with the matte decals fitted to pursuit and Gtf models.As there is no protection from environmental conditions,they scratch and look like rubbish if your using your car as a everyday drive.I have been trying a number of ways to get ford to come to the party with no success.One of the responses was comical.These decals ARE NOT ORIGINAL,Yeah right i take of the original ones put on aftermarket ones then try and claim warranty,ARE YOU SERIOUS.What i would like from members here is IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE please post it here as in the long term it will affect all owners of these cars.THESE DECALS ARE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.
kazawaki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #2
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Pursuit and GTF Matte decals

If Ford is not coming to the party and you want to protect your decals there is a product that you could use to protect them.

It’s called Car Protect by Hexis. It’s a clear vinyl product you could cover the whole panel or just the decal.

http://www.hexis-graphics.com/en/products/view/151
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 02:20 PM   #3
Full_Monty

use chemguys "meticulous Matte detailer" after every wash, to provide UV protection and restore the original finish.

Scholl also do a spray called "no gloss"

don't rub the vinyl when washing, use the lightest of pressure with a microfibre mitt when washing, preferably with a high pressure wash down prior to remove any grit beforehand, and reduce the chances of marring the decal.

My matte black GT stripes are now 4 years old, and look great.
Full_Monty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #4
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If there isnt a paragraph in the owners manual that the matte gear needs special care, how would the average joe know?

At 70k plus its reasonable for an owner to expect a decent lifespan of stickers on his vehicle.
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #5
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
If Ford is not coming to the party and you want to protect your decals there is a product that you could use to protect them.

It’s called Car Protect by Hexis. It’s a clear vinyl product you could cover the whole panel or just the decal.

http://www.hexis-graphics.com/en/products/view/151
Its a little late for that as they are already marked,so yes would certainly have them covered if they were replaced.
Old 30-04-2015, 03:35 PM   #6
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Monty View Post
use chemguys "meticulous Matte detailer" after every wash, to provide UV protection and restore the original finish.

Scholl also do a spray called "no gloss"

don't rub the vinyl when washing, use the lightest of pressure with a microfibre mitt when washing, preferably with a high pressure wash down prior to remove any grit beforehand, and reduce the chances of marring the decal.

My matte black GT stripes are now 4 years old, and look great.
Yep got chemical guys stuff,but decals will not recover no mater what i use.
Old 30-04-2015, 03:54 PM   #7
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can you post some pics of the damage mate? I've had no troubles so far, but very curious to see what has happened to your stripes.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #8
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8 View Post
Can you post some pics of the damage mate? I've had no troubles so far, but very curious to see what has happened to your stripes.
Heres just a couple of pics,there are more showing scratches on my desk top that i will upload later.The bonnet one is water after a wash ,right should just shammy off ,nope have to rub it off its pretty stubborn to remove marks after every wash.Scratches are hard to get a good shot of,to the right in the upper section on the pic which is bonnet decal with only black showing, there are a few which really look like crap when you see it with the others in real life.

Last edited by kazawaki; 08-06-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Old 30-04-2015, 04:15 PM   #9
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That does look a bit nasty... I know it doesn't really help you but I've had no such woes.

https://drscdn.500px.org/photo/10123...363dd245e0f163

Current Rides
Old 30-04-2015, 04:20 PM   #10
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep your lucky,is yours a daily drive,in all weather conditions ??.Its a bit crazy that ford will not help at all i have even offered to get them fitted at my cost,then ok just supply me the decals,NOPE not interested i have one more option left with a mate who knows a mate who may see the common sense in this matter if that doesnt work its of to a couple of panel beaters and decal experts for some stat decs stating there opinions on fit for purpose.I aint going away there were a couple of guys who commented that they are being driven mad by these decals previously.PLEASE let me know your stories it will help.

Last edited by kazawaki; 30-04-2015 at 04:25 PM.
Old 30-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #11
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

No problems on mine. Done 16,000 kms now, but my car is sheded at home and at work.

I cant imagine them lasting for ever though. Ill just get a sign writer to copy them and make me new ones when the time comes, or even better get them painted on!
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #12
Ruination

That first pic looks like the paint on the roof has started to oxidize? Or is it just the lighting?

*Edit, stupid me just realised your ute is orange and not black...
Old 30-04-2015, 10:36 PM   #13
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruination View Post
That first pic looks like the paint on the roof has started to oxidize? Or is it just the lighting?

*Edit, stupid me just realised your ute is orange and not black...
Nope just patchy ,I have given up looking at the roof,its the bonnet that really ****** me off as its in my face every time I get in the car,hey even if the did just the bonnet it would not be a constant reminder of the crap I have to look at every day.Funny thing is the 2 small stripes next to the main decal are not affected at all,i wonder why that is MR Ford.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:42 AM   #14
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To be fair, stripes on my GTF are still perfect and she's a daily and been hand washed over a dozen times. Unless there are several people with your complaint I can understand Ford's reluctance to come to the party.
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2015, 07:46 AM   #15
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just because it's only one person we know of doesn't mean that his stripes arent defective. For the sake of a few hundred dollars you'd think ford would come to the party on their flagship vehicle.

Current Rides
Old 01-05-2015, 07:46 AM   #16
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Mine are scratched to crap, both on the front and on the rear. Not sure how it faded out on the back of the car and then I tried to put a little extra pressure to clean it and it just got worse! I need new front and rear ones! Not happy about it at all!

I do have the Xpel protection on the front and Ceramic pro on the rest of the car but didnt use the Xpel protection on the stripes as they turn them glossy.

I'll post pictures up when I get back to town next week (if this thread is still happening).
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2015, 08:46 AM   #17
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see a problem with your decal, but you may be able to explain it.

Under your antenna there is a gap between the edge of the vinyl and the antenna. You can see the colour of the car around the antenna.

Looking at other pics of the GTF on the net, the Vinyl has been tucked under the antenna so you do not see the colour of the car.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:56 AM   #18
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I see a problem with your decal, but you may be able to explain it.

Under your antenna there is a gap between the edge of the vinyl and the antenna. You can see the colour of the car around the antenna.

Looking at other pics of the GTF on the net, the Vinyl has been tucked under the antenna so you do not see the colour of the car.
Well that's the way it came,i have no idear why its different ,maybe I should ask ford and get ready to be told I did something to it
Old 01-05-2015, 08:58 AM   #19
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Mine are scratched to crap, both on the front and on the rear. Not sure how it faded out on the back of the car and then I tried to put a little extra pressure to clean it and it just got worse! I need new front and rear ones! Not happy about it at all!

I do have the Xpel protection on the front and Ceramic pro on the rest of the car but didnt use the Xpel protection on the stripes as they turn them glossy.

I'll post pictures up when I get back to town next week (if this thread is still happening).
Thanks I will be here waiting for pics.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:00 AM   #20
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe see if other GTF are like that. Maybe if other owners could confirm how the decals sits on their GTF. Even post a pic up.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:01 AM   #21
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just because it's only one person we know of doesn't mean that his stripes arent defective. For the sake of a few hundred dollars you'd think ford would come to the party on their flagship vehicle.
Thank you and as of this morning there seem to be 2 of us with this problem, I am certain there is more,and will be more in the future.Yes that is the most disappointing part for the sake of a couple of decals they would help but that would be asking too much it seams.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:12 AM   #22
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Maybe see if other GTF are like that. Maybe if other owners could confirm how the decals sits on their GTF. Even post a pic up.
Can some one please post pics of the way your roof decal is placed,As ford have said mine is not original decal,i know that's not true ,why would I remove decals refit aftermarket and then try and get warranty that's crazy.If mine is different then clearly they have not been fitted correctly in the factory in the first place.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:57 AM   #23
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow... We're hitting new lows here, do you have that statement in writing? If not get them to write it down. Which part of the roof do you need, the one I posted earlier is roof.

Current Rides
Old 03-05-2015, 09:16 AM   #24
XAGT1972
XAGT351

They all have the gap to the antenna on the GTFs I've seen. Pic is from my GTF. Is this what you needed Kawasaki? If not let me know.

Sorry about the quality, it's still a bit dark over here in the West.
XAGT1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2015, 01:25 PM   #25
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Wow... We're hitting new lows here, do you have that statement in writing? If not get them to write it down. Which part of the roof do you need, the one I posted earlier is roof.
I don't have that in writing and it would be difficult to get as a customer of mine who is the manager of another dealer workshop of a different brand approached a mate of his who is in charge of a ford workshop,he sent pics to ford and to 3 different people in ford and got 3 different responces and couldn't believe it himself ,so I cant divulge his name for obvious reasons.I AM NOT making this up,and as far as lows are concerned give me a break I am trying different avenues to get something done.I currently have another contact speaking to some one else ,if this also goes nowhere ,then I will put other plans into effect. This is not a money thing,it is because I don't like being taken as a fool.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:30 PM   #26
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wasn't attacking you, the new low was referring to ford's accusations.

Under consumer law if you write them a letter outlining your grievance they are required by law to respond in writing. If they fail to do so you'll have an easy time with the consumer protection agency.

Current Rides
2 users like this post:
Old 03-05-2015, 07:04 PM   #27
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I wasn't attacking you, the new low was referring to ford's accusations.

Under consumer law if you write them a letter outlining your grievance they are required by law to respond in writing. If they fail to do so you'll have an easy time with the consumer protection agency.
Sorry thought u were having a dig, they have sent letters from dealer and ford,both stating that fault is due to environmental factors,this was a while ago I have been complaining since October last year and car was delivered august Just makes me wonder why there so hard *** about a couple of decals,cuased by the external environmental factors pretty lame excuse where do they think the car lives, yep in the environment and it should stand up to external environmental factors for a reasonable time frame,thats what they are going to have to explain to some one other than me if this continues to be a **** fight
Old 04-05-2015, 12:26 AM   #28
tlub

new decal kit here is $1600, so not really cheap. go to consumer protection mate . seen like ford aren't willing to warrant anything
tlub is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #29
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAGT1972 View Post
They all have the gap to the antenna on the GTFs I've seen. Pic is from my GTF. Is this what you needed Kawasaki? If not let me know.

Sorry about the quality, it's still a bit dark over here in the West.
That is good another GTF has a gap, Just the ones I was looking at google didn't seem to have it.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:37 AM   #30
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlub View Post
new decal kit here is $1600, so not really cheap. go to consumer protection mate . seen like ford aren't willing to warrant anything
Yep they told me that when I asked the dealer hey its just a couple of decals how about some good will,i then said look I will be happy with just the roof and bonnet don't need the full set.There reply was a letter we will not be doing anything.I will be going to consumer affairs after my last ditch effort to resolve this sensibly.