Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-10-2005, 06:44 PM   #1
driver_chick

Default Have Your Say!

:
UPDATED! Please check bottom of this message if you have already been here!!!

Heya there,
I am a damsel in distress... I am a uni student trying to finish a marketing assignment on Ford's line of passenger cars. One of the things that I need to do is go to you guys, the audience and see what you think on certain issues.

Everything from how you see the Ford brand to how you think Ford should be doing things in the future and what you want now.

I have included the few questions I am doing my survey on here, but if you could please go to the link below and fill out the survey there, it would be much appreciated!

1. Are you a Loyal Ford person?
a. Yes, I only purchase Fords
b. Yes, but I will purchase other brand vehicles if I want
c. I like Fords but don't own one
d. Fords suck and I would never buy one

2. What keeps you loyal to Ford?
a. Nothing
b. The brand alone
c. Quality and service of the vehicle itself
d. I don't know

3. When the AU Falcon was coming to the end of it's production lifetime, did you join in with all the other car bashers who thought it was a piece of crap?
Definition of piece of crap: Had poor build quality, performance, etc.
a. I don't know what you are talking about
b. No. Of course not. I have blue ovals running in my veins
c. Yes, but only because everyone else was
d. Yes, I truly believe the AU Falcon to be a piece of crap.

4. When Ford released the new Territory in 2004, what were your initial perceptions of it?
a. Piece of crap
b. Nice, Sleek and Modern
c. I JUST WANT ONE!
d. No idea

5. If you ever considered(or have) bought a Ford Territory, what group of consumers would you fall into?
a. The business man/girl (Any age, using vehicle just for to and from work and trips)
b. The Young Family (Have children age 0-6 years)
c. The older family (Have Children age 6-18 years)
d. Young, no children, adventure seekers (18-35 Years)

6. What would be the main pulling feature for you if you were considering buying a Ford Territory?
a. AWD capabilities
b. RWD capabilities
c. Space
d. High seating position

7. What do you think the most important thing to you is about the Ford brand?
a. It is Ford, enough said
b. The Cars and their flexibility in everything from everyday uses to customisation
c. The quality and service
d. Nothing worth mentioning

8. What sort of car would you see the Ford you wish to purchase as?
a. Luxury
b. Sports
c. People mover(4WD, Sedan or People mover)
d. Get me from A to B

The link to the online colated version of this survey is: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=775181384622

Updated bit:
I now have a positioning survey also to have filled out... so if you have another chance, please drop into: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=860021385314
This one does take a little bit more out of you to fill out... But if you could please fill out at least the Ford and Holden bits it would be Very good of ya'll.

Thanks for your help!
Driver chick

Last edited by driver_chick; 02-10-2005 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Adding a bit!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Ok I did your survey.

However, for an assignment, I really don;t think the word "crap" will help your marks any.

Good luck.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 07:44 PM   #3
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Done, Good Luck with it

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 07:48 PM   #4
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Done..

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 07:51 PM   #5
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

done but its a bit vague in parts. 3mins tops
Old 01-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #6
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

My answers: 1-a, 2-b, 3-a, 4-b, 5-b, 6-c, 7-a, 8-b.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 08:08 PM   #7
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

All done!

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED
2008 MA XR5 Mondeo

2015 VOLVO V60 T6 R-DESIGN-POLESTAR Enhanced

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 08:13 PM   #8
XLS99 Ute man
Who Loves Mountain Women

done and done!
wow what an exciting saturday night...

XLS Falcon Ute
Full Sick 2.5 Inch -> To Double 3 Inch Tips Exhaust Sports System
18 Inch Bling Bling Rims
Altezza Tail Bling Bling Lights
Kenwood Head Deck + Amps + Bling Bling Sub
Bright Orange BLING BLING Fordforums.com Sticker

OOoooohh Yeah! Bling Bling
XLS99 Ute man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 08:14 PM   #9
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Done.. would be good to find out results when your finished.. good luck

I agree with Peuty.. on the basis of 1. never call any ford 'crap' (in public) and 2. it won't go down well with any assignment
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 08:27 PM   #10
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I had a problem with question 3.
There was nothing wrong with the AU, it just had subjective styling, that does not make it crap.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 08:48 PM   #11
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Done.
My answers:
1. A
2. B
3. A
4. B
5. D
6. A
7. A
8. B

I own an AU and there is nothing wrong with it. I like the styling.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 11:06 PM   #12
XRQTOR
Banned

a
b
d
b
d
a
b
b
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 11:15 PM   #13
EL_Advanti

just a couple of comments regarding your survey, did u realise all the questions allowed users to pick more than one option, and this doesnt make sense in all instances, and could affect your results?

Secondly the choice of language...did you dumb this down on purpose, and play to a certain stereotype people have of those who drive Fords or Holdens? Because if this wasnt intentional...i cant imagine your marketing lecturer/tutor being too pleased with the question set.

Regards

Russell
Old 01-10-2005, 11:32 PM   #14
Jaeger
Getting There

That survey seemed very vague, and whats with the territory questions.
I thought it was about ford and the brand, not just one model.

A person with 1 post saying to fill in a survey. Bit sus.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:35 AM   #15
Sunburst50

Done. Good Luck.
Sunburst50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 01:54 AM   #16
driver_chick

Heya peeps,
So far things are going great with the survey. Thankyou for your partiipation. If there are any other people out there who havn't filled it in yet, please have a go.

On a couple of those comments, first up thanks for the constructive criticisim, but let me put a couple of things straight.

1. I don't think the AU is crap. I have a good appreciation of all models of Ford and All Ford day is my fav day of the year. This is merley to set straight a few so called "Facts" that have turned up in schollarly journals such as Motor Magazine...

2. No, I didn't "Dumb down" the survey as that is just stupid, but spiced it up a bit so you would be interested in voicing your opinion on these things. The reason why the questions are so random are because the assignment is so damn random! hehehe... I ma actually a Mech. Eng. student and am doing marketing to get a foot in the door with Ford's product development arm. I figure if I have to do market research on the different things in the assignment, I might as well make it interesting and fun.

3. The Territory stuff is because I cheated on the assignment. It is about market targeting and positioning and finding out how Ford would have come to the conclussions that they did to make products such as the territory. The Territory was made specifically with the Australian public in mind and I had to come to YOU the target audience and get confirmation of these facts from you.

4. I know that you can pick more than one answer, Sorry...I couldn't help that. But thanks.

5. I know I am a slack bottom poster atm. with this my only post thus far but I was only just alerted to the fact that such a forum existed. I thought I only got to talk like this down the pub with me mates or watching the V8s! I promise I will be here alot more often now... That and if Ford want to actually hire me, I will need to know what YOU the public want in your new cars!

You guys are awesome!
Thanks heaps for your help!
See ya'll around...
Driver Chick
Old 02-10-2005, 02:03 AM   #17
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Ok I did your survey.

However, for an assignment, I really don;t think the word "crap" will help your marks any.

Good luck.
Agreed & done.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 02:08 AM   #18
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Doneskies
Old 02-10-2005, 02:18 AM   #19
Aussie_Geo
Aussie_Geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver_chick
Heya peeps,
So far things are going great with the survey. Thankyou for your partiipation. If there are any other people out there who havn't filled it in yet, please have a go.

On a couple of those comments, first up thanks for the constructive criticisim, but let me put a couple of things straight.

1. I don't think the AU is crap. I have a good appreciation of all models of Ford and All Ford day is my fav day of the year. This is merley to set straight a few so called "Facts" that have turned up in schollarly journals such as Motor Magazine...

2. No, I didn't "Dumb down" the survey as that is just stupid, but spiced it up a bit so you would be interested in voicing your opinion on these things. The reason why the questions are so random are because the assignment is so damn random! hehehe... I ma actually a Mech. Eng. student and am doing marketing to get a foot in the door with Ford's product development arm. I figure if I have to do market research on the different things in the assignment, I might as well make it interesting and fun.

3. The Territory stuff is because I cheated on the assignment. It is about market targeting and positioning and finding out how Ford would have come to the conclussions that they did to make products such as the territory. The Territory was made specifically with the Australian public in mind and I had to come to YOU the target audience and get confirmation of these facts from you.

4. I know that you can pick more than one answer, Sorry...I couldn't help that. But thanks.

5. I know I am a slack bottom poster atm. with this my only post thus far but I was only just alerted to the fact that such a forum existed. I thought I only got to talk like this down the pub with me mates or watching the V8s! I promise I will be here alot more often now... That and if Ford want to actually hire me, I will need to know what YOU the public want in your new cars!

You guys are awesome!
Thanks heaps for your help!
See ya'll around...
Driver Chick
All well and good Chick, and I hope you do well in the assingment but you had better get a wider cross section of the general public as doing a survey on this lot is going to be a bit biased.....

Would not call anyone in here as part of the "normal" population...... and I use meself as a prime example :hihi:

oh and best of luck with getting a job at Ford, the marketing Department in any large corporation is the best place to retire too _2:

Peter
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 02:27 AM   #20
driver_chick

But huney, it isn't meant to be a wide varied cross section. It is meant to be based on people that would actually buy Ford cars. I thought this place would be the Best(And has proven to be so) place to do this. I preffer that to standing outside of Keira Ford and Begging people to do a survey. hehehe....

All I had to do was proove that you people existed. And you do! How happy I am that I am not the only one! hehehe... I would have been really sad if I turned up here and everyone told me to bugger off. Buy ya'll have been so nice!
Old 02-10-2005, 02:32 AM   #21
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Good luck with this, im doing marketing to at university this semester and its giving me the s, lucky im good at it tho!

Also i answered it online for you. mite wanna remove the word crap from your assignment tho! :
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 02:38 AM   #22
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver_chick
I would have been really sad if I turned up here and everyone told me to bugger off. Buy ya'll have been so nice!
Nah.. we would never say anything like that, specially to someone who is interested in Ford Australia's future direction. And is a lady to boot. Being a lady, you can get away with murder here, much more than the blokes.. :hihi:

ps: I like the sig, another famous quote by the great man Mr Henry Ford. Just like mine (see post #6).

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 03:24 PM   #23
driver_chick

hehehe... thanks guys. And yes I wll remove the word crap from the assignemnt. I will be dumbing it down for the person marking it! hehehe...

Hey, does anyone have an opinion on where you see the Ford Territory heading though?
I will put this post into the Territory section, but just as a general thing. What do you see it going as? A Soccer Mom Mobile, A luxury AWD to beat the Subie outback or what?
I only ask because I have to do this map to place everyone on it...
Also. What do you think are the most important features of it? What are the things that you wished you could have added to the survey?
Thanks guys!
Luv DC

Last edited by driver_chick; 02-10-2005 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Speeling mistakes! ooohhhh
Old 02-10-2005, 07:15 PM   #24
LTDHO
The one and only

1. Are you a Loyal Ford person?
b. Yes, but I will purchase other brand vehicles if I want

2. What keeps you loyal to Ford?
b. The brand alone

3. When the AU Falcon was coming to the end of it's production lifetime, did you join in with all the other car bashers who thought it was a piece of crap?
Definition of piece of crap: Had poor build quality, performance, etc.
d. Yes, I truly believe the AU Falcon to be a piece of crap.

4. When Ford released the new Territory in 2004, what were your initial perceptions of it?
b. Nice, Sleek and Modern

5. If you ever considered(or have) bought a Ford Territory, what group of consumers would you fall into?
c. The older family (Have Children age 6-18 years)
[My folks bought one]

6. What would be the main pulling feature for you if you were considering buying a Ford Territory?
c. Space

7. What do you think the most important thing to you is about the Ford brand?
b. The Cars and their flexibility in everything from everyday uses to customisation

8. What sort of car would you see the Ford you wish to purchase as?
a. Luxury
b. Sports
[bit of both]
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 11:37 PM   #25
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Done.

Amazing to see a girl doing mech eng and into fords ofcause. Good on ya! We need more women in our profession, us guys are incredibly lonely. Make sure you do some control systems subjects in the future too. If you're into cars, believe me, you'll love it.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 11:50 PM   #26
ProjectXR

doneroo
ProjectXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 12:17 AM   #27
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok done

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

82XD393.3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 12:31 AM   #28
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha, done.

But in all seriousness, I'm not too sure how your going to try and use this?

In the first quiz the answers in many circumstances are skewed to getting either a positive or negative result and fordforums isn't representitve of the motoring public - or all the people who purchase ford.

For the second, obviously, if you posted on LS1, Aussiemagna, Pulsar.org or street commodores then you'd get biased results as well.

If your looking specifically at the Territory then I suggest maybe a couple of responses on 4wd forums could be more beneficial?

Additionally, you might want to have a read in the current wheels magazine about the just released Mitsubishi 380 - it goes into a bit of detail about the direction that Mitsubishi took to build the car on public perception - this pretty much applies to every manufacturer

Last edited by Dave_au; 03-10-2005 at 12:43 AM.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 12:44 AM   #29
geza
Donating Member1

done and done.

good luck
geza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 02:39 AM   #30
driver_chick

hehehe... Thanks for the help guys.
The info I got was heaps good.
It is just what I was hoping for!
I will close the surveys and post the results in 24 hours!
Thanks again
Kirst.

PS: Donno... Doesn't control theory suck? I hear all the big guys in 3rd and 4th year crying about it all the time!
And BTW. Where on campus are you in QLD uni? I am on campus at UOW!!! Uni of Wollongong if ya'll didn't guess!