Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-11-2005, 10:53 AM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Meguiars Email Newsletter

Anybody else getting this? If not, consider it because its definately worth the read. Special email only discounts to products etc too. Free to sign up as well.

Also working on getting a Meguiars rep on FFAU as well, so we have even more great advice coming from DOC and Meguiars.

For anybody who is interested in getting the newsletter, have a look here:

http://www.meguiars.com.au/newslette...ewsletter3.htm

Old 21-11-2005, 11:20 AM   #2
hambo_12

Yeah got it last week, theres some top products in the works from them...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2005, 10:04 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Meguiars have now registered on fordforums (username a very original "Meguiars"). Together with pete (DOC) we now have some great knowledge on here, so it will be great to see it put to good use. I will certianly be taking them up on some difficult detailing questions!
Old 22-11-2005, 04:30 PM   #4
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Meguiars have now registered on fordforums (username a very original "Meguiars"). Together with pete (DOC) we now have some great knowledge on here, so it will be great to see it put to good use. I will certianly be taking them up on some difficult detailing questions!
Welcome to Alex from Meguairs, great to have you on board. Alex will be dropping in from time to time to assist / help with any questions you may have and his help and advice is appreciated.

In addition grab a look at the news letter, and you will see some great brushes etc that should become available next year and will be available in general.

For now and as part of the trial these are only available online at the Meguiars site

Also a big thanks to back2thefutura (Aust) for getting this into play, it not only seems he is one of the best events managers but now also a top guy in getting that extra help and advice for all forum members to benifit from.

Appreciated.

Cheers
Pete
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 05:06 PM   #5
MRJUCY
Fordless

I'm on the Seppo & Aussie mailing list actually & for a bunch of other brands as well for that matter. Sure they all have a bit of marketing spin etc but it's handy to know whats coming out & sometimes they can have some useful tips.
I got some of the brushes & stuff a couple of weeks ago & am really happy with them apart from I ordered them before the email so I didn't get the free boot organiser :(
Good to here we have an Aussie equivelent to Mike Phillips too
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 05:32 PM   #6
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

I only use two Megs products (foam applicators and the wash mitt), and both to apply better quality polish and waxes.
03 BA XR6T, Black, T5, Unichip tuned by Autotech Engineering (235.5 rwkW), BPT short shifter, Custom Leather, 18" rims, PBR sports calipers, Lowered, Tint, duel CAI & BMC filter, AWC bits, custom stripes.

My Website
Jamie XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 06:14 PM   #7
Nargee
Induction

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie XR6
I only use two Megs products (foam applicators and the wash mitt), and both to apply better quality polish and waxes.
Hi Jamie, you should try the NXT Generation Tech Wax and Nxt Generation Speedy Detailer from Meguiar's. I have a black ( silouhette ) Super Pursuit and I just did the car last Friday for a show on the weekend and the wax gave it a real deep shine. I also did a demo on a mates leather seats with the Gold Class Leather Foam Cleaner and Conditioner - boy you ought saw the difference to the seats after the treatment. Meguiar's have supported me with my cars and my previous ride - House of Kolor BA GT won many trophies and the Meguiar's products played an important part in the upkeep of my cars.

Ciao - James
Old 22-11-2005, 06:22 PM   #8
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah i get it, always like to know about the new stuff coming out!
Old 22-11-2005, 06:41 PM   #9
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nargee
Hi Jamie, you should try the NXT Generation Tech Wax and Nxt Generation Speedy Detailer from Meguiar's. I have a black ( silouhette ) Super Pursuit and I just did the car last Friday for a show on the weekend and the wax gave it a real deep shine. I also did a demo on a mates leather seats with the Gold Class Leather Foam Cleaner and Conditioner - boy you ought saw the difference to the seats after the treatment. Meguiar's have supported me with my cars and my previous ride - House of Kolor BA GT won many trophies and the Meguiar's products played an important part in the upkeep of my cars.

Ciao - James
James, I've seen your Pursuit at the Motor Expo and I couldn't help thinking how good it would have looked with better quality products. I own a silouhette XR6 Turbo and I know how good they can come up with the right gear.

I've used all of Megs products so I'm speaking from experience and they do the job for those that aren't serious, but there is a lot better out there for both shine and ease of application (I do every thing by hand) with a similar price to NXT Gen.
03 BA XR6T, Black, T5, Unichip tuned by Autotech Engineering (235.5 rwkW), BPT short shifter, Custom Leather, 18" rims, PBR sports calipers, Lowered, Tint, duel CAI & BMC filter, AWC bits, custom stripes.

My Website
Old 22-11-2005, 07:09 PM   #10
Meguiars
For A Showcar Shine

I know im abit bias, but saying that Meguiars products are purely for those who arent serious about care car is a very bold statement, as nearly all the top show winners of summernats, motorEx and a trail of other car festivals would quickly disagree.
May i ask you Jamie XR6, whats the name of these "better quality products"?
Meguiars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 07:23 PM   #11
Nargee
Induction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meguiars
I know im abit bias, but saying that Meguiars products are purely for those who arent serious about care car is a very bold statement, as nearly all the top show winners of summernats, motorEx and a trail of other car festivals would quickly disagree.
May i ask you Jamie XR6, whats the name of these "better quality products"?
How true, I am not bias about other products and have tried numerous brands before settling on Meguiar's. As you are aware, my GT won 18 trophies including Best Paint, Best Presented, Best Graphics and the Supreme Champion. I can assure you that if I had not presented my car in immaculate condition, it would not have got these awards. I also would like to know the name of these 'better quality products. And by the by, my car just won Best FPV at the Canberra Ford Show and it looked a picture. Quite a few of my fellow club mates have changed over to the Nxt Generation products and have nothing but high praise for the quality of the product and the ease at applying it to their cars.

Ciao - James
Old 22-11-2005, 07:48 PM   #12
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

Ok, what I meant by my comment was that for most people Megs is a decent product, it does the job and don't get me wrong, NXT Gen is 100% over the old range. I used Megs for many years and still have some laying around as it has it's uses.

For people that want that bit extra there are better products, products used by professionals like Zaino and Pinnacle is to name two. Whilst most people won't want to spend the extra dollars that Zaino costs, products like Pinnacle and P21S are comparable in price to Megs and produce better results. Poorboys is another that produce very good results.

Yes, cars win awards using Megs because those cars look good. Mainly it comes down to the car, not the shine no matter what wax or polish they use.

My Website
Old 22-11-2005, 07:52 PM   #13
SSBUB
SSuper SSpy

i too have heard Zaino's is one of the best on the market, however its not easy for me to get my hands on, so i stick with megs coz its the best of the run of the mill stuff.
SSBUB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 07:53 PM   #14
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

meguiars is top , readily available and there has not been a product i have used of meguiars that i havent been happy with...

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 09:56 PM   #15
SVR73
Mr Polish

I'm with Jamie also but will say this
The original range that meguiars brought to australia in late 80's/early 90's especially the pro mirror glaze line was revolutionary compared to all else sold in australia at the time
Some of those products are better than the new ones (acid rain remover was killer), original #66 Quick detail (still have some lying around) - was a thick pink cream - magic stuff

I have a list of products from meg's I won't touch but they have always had a couple over the years that I do use for certain surfaces.
NXT line is 50/50 at autopia, some like it, some dislike it

Detailer line is nice, tryed that a few years ago
I thank meguiars for coming to australia all those years ago because if it wasn't for them, OZ may have stayed in the prehistoric days with products that are a PITA to use

Spoke to mike phillips at meguiars USA a few weeks ago about the gold class brushes which I believe is the best thing coming from them in years
Got a US meg's gold class accessories DVD from the owner of one of the elite brands I use/supply and was very impressed with their wheel and tire line up

I won't list all the brands I do R & D on (about 50), use privately and supply but they are at the leading edge of technology and feature world first products such as wheel, glass and paint spray type sealants and acrylic, ceramic and super polymer wipe on sealants, liquid clay, glass compounding glaze (to remove etched water spots), shampoo's that condition and protect the paint and much more.

Soft 99 (japan)
Autoglym
Detailers Pride
Wolfgang
Pinnacle
1Z (germany)
Dinitrol (sweden)
Menzerna (germany)
Grojet (spain)

Those who want excellent quality car care products that are easily accessible anywhere, I do recommend meguiars and the new mothers reflections , power and FX line up

Far better than using very common products that haven't changed formulations in thirty years

Last edited by SVR73; 22-11-2005 at 10:04 PM.
SVR73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2005, 10:17 PM   #16
b2tf
not here much anymore

Ok guys can we get something clear here - this thread is not designed to give everybody the oppotunity to bag Meguiars products. The idea behind this thread is to introduce another representative of an automotive product to the forums.
As per every other product - whether you use it or not is your choice but it is not an acceptable thing to be coming on here and bagging them or suggesting that their product may be second rate.
My personal opinion is that Meguiars is top notch stuff and I have all the time in the world for people like DOC and Meguiars who have put in the effort to come and share their knowledge with us as well as give us some awesome deals. I think the least we can do is support the companys like Themboys and Meguiars who put so much into our forums as well as supporting the events we hold - they are invaluable people to have on board.

I will say again - this thread will not turn into a product bashing thread, and anybody who has issues with that or any users being on here can feel free to PM me.
Old 22-11-2005, 10:25 PM   #17
MRJUCY
Fordless

In all fairness I don't think anyone has bagged there products people have just mentioned ones they prefer. No one has said it's bad stuff as far as I can tell.
Old 22-11-2005, 11:49 PM   #18
xr6mk2

umm touchy

my advise do your self a favor and try some of the other unknown brands like zanio klasse etc you will not go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 12:48 AM   #19
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie XR6
James, I've seen your Pursuit at the Motor Expo and I couldn't help thinking how good it would have looked with better quality products. I own a silouhette XR6 Turbo and I know how good they can come up with the right gear.

I've used all of Megs products so I'm speaking from experience and they do the job for those that aren't serious, but there is a lot better out there for both shine and ease of application (I do every thing by hand) with a similar price to NXT Gen.
Tried the NXT generation wax have you??

I seriously dont think this was really needed in this thread as it is bringing something more to the forum..

As for doing everything by hand, yes your real serious arent you just... The only thing hand application does is cover up swirls that re appear in a few months time, unless ofcourse you have used some serious products and a Buff like 3M's Finish it and then apply your ****y wax.

By the way my car is 14 months old and has only had NXT wax put on it, it shines like nothing ive ever seen and hasnt got any swirls or blemishes, but then again im serious about looking after it.

Meguires NXT Generation car wash makes just about any box shine, its great car wash and I'm yet to see anything that comes close to it.

I use meguires NXT carwash, NXT wax, and their hand applicators, i also use thier endurance tyre shine which is great... My car really speaks for itself but you have to see it in person, those who live around me know what im talking about :hihi:

I also get the Meguires email and find it helpful.

Welcome Meguires! :1syellow1
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 23-11-2005 at 12:57 AM.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 12:55 AM   #20
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I will Repeat what Austin has said, this thread is to ''introduce'' a new forum member, if you have an opinion on a product or want to discuss the pro and cons of brands of polish's & cleaners, start a thread in the appropriate forum and discuss it there....

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 01:08 AM   #21
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've got a question to ask of the meguiars rep, wheres the best place to start up a thread??

cheers
Nathan
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 01:18 AM   #22
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

i got a qn for the meguiars rep..

as far as the nxt generation wax, is there a polish that should be applied first?

cheers,

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 01:24 AM   #23
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoitaliano
i got a qn for the meguiars rep..

as far as the nxt generation wax, is there a polish that should be applied first?

cheers,

i just started a NXT wax thread in THEMBOYS AUTOS thread mate, you might wanna stick your question in there...
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 09:17 AM   #24
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6mk2
umm touchy

my advise do your self a favor and try some of the other unknown brands like zanio klasse etc you will not go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um NO

He is a moderator on the forums, and to that degree has posted to put this thread back on track.

If following the thread from its original topic is an issue, then my advise wont be pleasant.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 10:13 AM   #25
Meguiars
For A Showcar Shine

We at Meguiar's respect everybodys right to express their own opinion and as just a guest on your forums, its probably not my place to get into a drawn out debate on whos products are best. I was originally asked on board really just to answer any techincal questions anyone might have on car care in general, not brand specific.
So feel free to use my knowledge as your advantage

Regards
Alex
Meguiars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 03:37 PM   #26
mrs xa coupe

Alex,

Welcome to the forums. It is great to have your knowledge on board and Im sure there will be plenty of people lining up to pick your brains. Thanks for being willing to join us.

Nicole
mrs xa coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 06:18 PM   #27
MRJUCY
Fordless

I do have a question for you Alex. If you don't mind me asking what is your background in the industry as in are you a former detailer,painter,chemist,marketing etc etc, I'm knocking your credibility at all I'm sure a company as reputable as yours would only put someone with great experience & expertise in your position I'm just curious.
Old 23-11-2005, 08:33 PM   #28
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

wow a meguires rep on the forums... well at least now i dont have to the meguires forums to get any questions answered.

welcome to the forums and i hope you enjoy your stay.
-----------------------
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #29
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na

As for doing everything by hand, yes your real serious arent you just... The only thing hand application does is cover up swirls that re appear in a few months time, unless ofcourse you have used some serious products and a Buff like 3M's Finish it and then apply your ****y wax.
Yes I have tried NXT Gen, I've already stated that. I'll try anything, that way I can speak by experience where as you seem to haven't tried or even heard of some of the products I have used by the way you post.

And yes doing it by hand with the right products remove swirls as even you agreed to in your post. If you knew what you are on about you would also realise that wax will not hide swirl marks as it contains no fillers or cleaning properties. So I'd love to know what ****y wax you are talking about.

I'm sorry Alex, I haven't welcomed you to the fourms as yet. Welcome and I'm sure people will find your expertise handy.

My Website
Old 24-11-2005, 09:46 AM   #30
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

ROFL what a Shockwave post Jamiexr6,seems to me your an expert.....

Welcome Mr Megs, look forward to some great advice.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post