Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-12-2005, 03:57 PM   #1
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

Default TS50 front bar modification

I'm in the process of getting some work done to the ute...has anyone modified a ts50 front bar to fit the low series bonnet (mine will be the AWC carbon one)

second....TS50....or XR50?
can't decide, flipped a coin and it came up ts50...

if anyone has done it or can point me in the direction of a tech article(couldn't find one)
if not i might just have to have a crack at it and let you all know how it goes.

Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 04:04 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I was thinking about doing this ... but my plans changed.
There were pics in the AWC section of the forum ... there is a thread about the TS50 for the low-series bonnet there.

Check out the pics and comments there.

Hope this helps,.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 04:07 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

If you talk to Adam when ordering the bar, I'm sure they would look at doing a custom mod to fit the low series bonnet - for extra $$$ of course, but at least it will look professionally done.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 04:46 PM   #4
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

still couldn't find it...just spent the last hour looking lol, but i'm convinced it won't be to hard to mod. and not many people will have it
Old 10-12-2005, 04:54 PM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11238
Old 10-12-2005, 05:01 PM   #6
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

found it....i should really learn to read
Old 10-12-2005, 05:15 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

That's cool ... i don't think anyone has done it yet though ... but i think it will look good ... hence why i was going to do it.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:36 PM   #8
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

do it mate! You would have the best looking work ute around for sure!!!!
:sm_headba
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 06:47 PM   #9
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

ok it's sorted, i'll ring adam on monday, i'll modify my hard top to a 3piece so i can fit roll bars until the AWC one pops out, TS50 front, carbon bonnet, persuit rear and skirts, ride height will stay stock for the minute, 18's will probably find there place too, as will a respray, smooth finish tray(ie no stupid lugs) ariel hole will probably be filled with alternate antennae surced. A bit of air brushing. NUdge bar and roll bar for a bit of uniqueness (also so i can mount my LF's)
have to find a way to do powerwindows so i can put splits in too....

Now to find an insurer..... :
Thanks boys you've been a massive help, and now that i've actually fond my way around the site and learnt to read again, it's far more useful then i had given credit for.
Hope i can win a few chick's utes cat's at some shows and maybe some street cats too.

ORB
Old 10-12-2005, 11:36 PM   #10
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

TS50 front with a nudge bar?? YUK! Don't do it.

If you getting a bonnet as well, why don't you get a series 2/3 bonnet while you're at it and get the standard T3 bar. Probably save a few $$ off the customising to fit series 1 bonnet.

Here's a pic of a T3 kitted up ute.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 09:31 AM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I have a nudge bar on a stock front bar ... I don't think there is a nudge bar out there that made for the TS50 bar anyway.

I gotta post up pics though.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #12
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

since i'll be modding the ts50 bar to fit a nudge bar, i may as well modd it to fit the low series bonnet also. i'm not patient enough to wait for the high series bonnet from AWC to come out.
the nudge bar is a necessity, with out my lights i drive nowhere at night, i do a lot of driving at night so i need it.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:52 AM   #13
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

If you fit the spotlights that come out on the T3 you will not need any aditional lights. Thay come on with your high beams and really light up the road.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 11:38 AM   #14
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

i would argue differently, and they are really like candels compared to my current set up. you can not see far enough or wide enough with standard highbeams and expect to drive unscathed at night where i do.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:07 PM   #15
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Here's my current setup

Old 11-12-2005, 12:23 PM   #16
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

what if you mount the spotties on the sports bar?
i know its a bit ****y yanky style, but it will save you hacking up your front bar and fitting of a nudge bar.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 12:56 PM   #17
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

there will be 4 up ther already.
mechank1 what nudge bar is it?
Old 11-12-2005, 02:16 PM   #18
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit
there will be 4 up ther already.
mechank1 what nudge bar is it?
I got it done at TruRacks ... they normally use ECB nudge bars ... but they said for my model the BoCar nudge bar is better.

It is mounted to the metal sections behind the black caps on the stock front bar (AU that is)