Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-12-2005, 10:16 PM   #1
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default How many points lost for a "Burnout"..?

Hey i got done the other day for doing a burnout (I know im a fool you dont need to tell me). I got done for "neg driving/Burnout and $450 fine". The Policeman said i would lose 4 points for it.. I will take what i get but i have had friends that have done burnouts in public places and recieved a lesser fine and less points of their licence. Just wondering what the average amount of points lost is.
And another question..., I am on my P plates and i only have 4 points. Does that mean loss of licence or that i have lost all my points and drive around with 0 points to spare?

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 10:22 PM   #2
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy-au
Hey i got done the other day for doing a burnout (I know im a fool you dont need to tell me). I got done for "neg driving/Burnout and $450 fine". The Policeman said i would lose 4 points for it.. I will take what i get but i have had friends that have done burnouts in public places and recieved a lesser fine and less points of their licence. Just wondering what the average amount of points lost is.
And another question..., I am on my P plates and i only have 4 points. Does that mean loss of licence or that i have lost all my points and drive around with 0 points to spare?
probably.

i got hit for neg driving once. $300, 3 points. but it says i have 3 points left. im on my green P's (7 points) weird.
Old 19-12-2005, 10:30 PM   #3
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Crazy AU, you licence is gone.... Go buy your self a push bike...

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 10:33 PM   #4
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah they were my thoughts.. Bit of a bugger seeming i havent really done anything that bad before.. but it only takes one bad thing to get you in the shat. Well its fair, the cops were doing there job, heh i was in the wrong now i get to deal with what i have done.. At least i will lose a few pounds in the 3 months..
Old 19-12-2005, 10:49 PM   #5
afroboy
XY in the veins

Good olde Wagga police! About 5 years ago i got done for the same thing up here in queensland. It was called "creating undue noise and attention" $250 and 3 points.
afroboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 10:53 PM   #6
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i got done for causing undue noise and littering cause i left rubber behind
Old 19-12-2005, 10:55 PM   #7
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

littering.. thats just another kick while your down..
Old 19-12-2005, 11:08 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Bye Bye Licence Matt. Time to start walking to Maccas!
Old 19-12-2005, 11:28 PM   #9
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

oh, sorry to hear that man, i accidentally smoked my tyres the other day coming into my street ( honestly didnt mean to do it ) and i thought, man, what if a cop saw that, would i get pinged?
seems like i would have, its a shame that they slap you with a big fat fine for something so small in the scheme of driving offences.

I can understand the cop if you sat there with your foot on the brake and accelerator smokin them on purpose, then you deserve that fine unfortunatly.

Rob
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 12:24 AM   #10
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

yer i lost 3 points, got 2 speeding tickets lost all my points and got my licence back, but that was about a year ago and havent done anything wrong in a car since. yer and the drift cost a $170 fine, i think i got off very easy and i guess i am lucky i got a cheep wake up call
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 12:29 AM   #11
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

My brother got busted for a burnout last year (actually he was just practicing his launches and stalled it up to much, damn single spinners, damn cops being around when you don't want them there), and he copped a $396 fine for the offence "burnout", as well as losing 3 points and having his car impounded for 3 months. Oh yeh, and he paid for the car being kept in storage and for the tow truck to take it down to enfield holding yard, even though he offered to drive it down for them free of charge (smart ***)...

My point... cop it sweet and thank your lucky stars you didn't lose your car.
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 02:15 AM   #12
THORNSPAWN
In the Forced 'lane

You got off lightly. About 6 years ago I got done for a burnout in a stock corolla wagon
and got a $1050 fine and 6 months loss of licence. It wasn't even a good burnout either.
THORNSPAWN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 02:22 AM   #13
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry to hear about the loss of points and loss of license, least wagga is small and easy to get around without a car. Yeh im with M&Ms, in wagga even ive heard of a lot worse, one of my friends got there car impounded for 3 months and paid the towing fee, and impound fee for 3 months, put it this way it cost her a lot more than ur fine man.
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 04:05 AM   #14
XHII V8S

hmm im glad we don't have demerit points, but we have some stupid hoon thing up here where if you are a repeat offender your car is confiscated...but Im not sure might just be a rumour but I don't want to find out...
-Pioneer HU
XHII V8S is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 07:52 AM   #15
xespac

In vic, an L and P License are 5 points.... full license 12 points.. (if I can remember!)

so if where you are, you get 5 points then you should be safe by 1 point :P - don't you get like options, where is you can lose your license for so many months and get your full points back(?) or keep your license and only have 1 point for 12 or 6 months or whatever?
xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 08:28 AM   #16
KUZMIN
Ruski

I only do burnouts in my driveway
I recently lost my license for drink driving (found .01 on P's) so Ive lost my license for 6months..not that bad really...Im getting over it
But because I was also driving an unregistered car (and I have a good record driving unregistered cars)...If Im cought again I simply gotta do 3-6months jail time...SCREW THAT!

I say if you wanna go sick, either go down to a drag strip or an empty/abandoned car park in the middle of the night and make sure you check the place out first for things like people, cops, other cars, etc.

R.I.P. 18-02-06
-----------

1997 Nissan Maxima 3.0 S. Touring-very quick!
KUZMIN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 08:32 AM   #17
devil cv8

The main question has been answered.

NSW has 2 burnout offences, burnout and aggravated burnout, 1 has 3 points, the other has 4.

Sounds like you didn't get your car confiscated, so count yourself lucky in that respect, but be warned...the next burnout offence can see you lose your car for good. The way the law is written, it talks about ist offence is 3 months, you have now had your first offence, 2nd offence is forfeiture. There doesn't appear to be any timeframe written into the law, unless someone else can find it. This means any burnout in the future and you can lose your car.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 10:43 AM   #18
TCK-098

Ive been done for a burnout offence got the car takin for 3 months and loss of three points and charged with neg driving and the burnout bt it was a good effort of a burnout the mark stayed there for 8 months afterwards and it was from a 1.6 Daihatsu.
Old 20-12-2005, 11:16 AM   #19
nat_daly
Nat D

my mate was hell lucky..
he did a burnout out the front of a cop shop(he didnt realise it was there).. well down the road from it.. then flew through town centre, and then put it sideways around a roundabout
no doubt it was stupid,
but i think its rediculous cuz he only got 300 dollar fine and 3 points.i thinks its stupid as others pay alot more for doing barely nothing
nat_daly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 12:45 PM   #20
xespac

I'd say it depends on if the copper is in a good mood or not.....
xespac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 12:59 PM   #21
gozza

i got done in the city one night a few yrs..sorta slid round a corner and made a bit of noise
got fined $270
im not sure about the points tho..i was unliscensed at the time so i had to go to court anyway
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 01:23 PM   #22
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I also think burnout laws are dumb, each town needs to have a space set aside for people (aka hoons) to be able to drop a skid where its not gunna upset anyone and they are safe from fines, as long as there is cars, there will be burnouts
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 02:02 PM   #23
NEG
Diabolus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUZMIN
I only do burnouts in my driveway.
just wondering if a cop drives past and ur doing a burnout on private property can they still fine you?
NEG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 03:48 PM   #24
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEG
just wondering if a cop drives past and ur doing a burnout on private property can they still fine you?
Cops can only fine you for doing such acts in a public place (which can also mean private property that is used by members of the public). However, the general public do not use your driveway and thus they won't be able to do anything to you. Although they can wait for you to leave your house and pull you over to say you have bald tyres. Just try to stay on the correct side of the law and you won't have any problems. Cops seem to love picking on these things lately, must be easy work for them :evilking:
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 04:05 PM   #25
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only thing I have ever been done for is failure to indicate passing an unmarked car e lol. Never mind the commy that had just passed them at 140+.

If I lost my license I would be screwed.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 05:32 PM   #26
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

I reckon they could certainly ping you on noise and smoke regardless of whether you are on private property or not. If they want you, they will make some charge stick.
Old 20-12-2005, 06:22 PM   #27
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Simpler answer? Enough to not bother doing burnouts.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 08:45 PM   #28
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Bye Bye Licence Matt. Time to start walking to Maccas!
Haha B2TF.. Its true. I might have to ring u and get a lift in the focus! Well they were going to impound the car and make me pay for it but i got out of it some how thank god. So it seems i have been done fairly for what ive done.
Old 20-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #29
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy-au
Haha B2TF.. Its true. I might have to ring u and get a lift in the focus! Well they were going to impound the car and make me pay for it but i got out of it some how thank god. So it seems i have been done fairly for what ive done.
Your manager drives a Focus too, ask her to take you to work.

What car did you get done by - not ARE90H I hope?
Old 20-12-2005, 08:54 PM   #30
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xespac
In vic, an L and P License are 5 points.... full license 12 points.. (if I can remember!)

so if where you are, you get 5 points then you should be safe by 1 point :P - don't you get like options, where is you can lose your license for so many months and get your full points back(?) or keep your license and only have 1 point for 12 or 6 months or whatever?
I don't know how this works. I'm on my p's and I've lost 5 points in the last 10 months. Still got my licence. Got the letters of notification that I've lost 5 points, but nothing about my licence.

Unless I'm still on the old system, I got my P's before this 5 point thing came in.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post