Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-12-2005, 09:33 AM   #1
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Default Grandad parts.....

Since I'm driving to Sydney on saturday, I decided to risk the "Grandad" comments from my mates, and bought a set of mudflaps, headlight protectors, and bonnet protector.
(yes I know its dirty, busy busy busy...)

Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2005, 05:59 PM   #2
Danny
GT4.

Nothing wrong at all with Grandad parts Sacreybear... Nothing at all. My grandad part has reduced stonechips on my bonnet by about 80%. Just be careful washing those plastic bits with abrasive sponges. They tend to scuff and swirl and scratch EXTREMELY EASILY!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2005, 06:14 PM   #3
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

nothing wrong with that at all.
ferris01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 02:35 AM   #4
tinex

[IMG]my fiesta [/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f1.jpg (126.7 KB, 94 views)
tinex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 11:32 AM   #5
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinex
[IMG]my fiesta [/IMG]

*Must resist.... shouting... and.... punching... YOU.. and the other fiesta owner ... with WRX... scoops on their EUROPEAN HATCHBACKS!!* :
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 12:13 PM   #6
na01

Sorry but I also have to say bonnet scoop looks out of place anything other than on WRX. But its your car so if it makes you happy the way it looks than its good enough I guess.
Cheers.
na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 12:55 PM   #7
joshf2
striped

whats the go with the eyelids as well?? is there someone making fibreglass parts for the car?
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 01:53 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
*Must resist.... shouting... and.... punching... YOU.. and the other fiesta owner ... with WRX... scoops on their EUROPEAN HATCHBACKS!!* :
At Least the Flare has alloys... but agreed... the air scoop... must... GO :

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 02:17 PM   #9
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Well my opinion is a bit mixed. I think that particular one doesnt really suit the car, be better if it was colour coded. But i have seen images of bonnets/scoops in the UK on a fez and it looks mean not try hard style. But mate u do what u do to make u happy and its unique.
Old 30-12-2005, 10:02 PM   #10
tinex

here some pics that u have req
boonet scoop 30$ from autobarn
Old 31-12-2005, 01:07 AM   #11
Danny
GT4.

Hey Tinex

Very unsure bout the scoop, I loved your car when I saw it on the freeway, and it didn't have the scoop then. But whatever you like mate ;)
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 01:14 AM   #12
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the eyelids though, are those the ones from carshine? I was thinking of getting the other ones :]

that looks neat :]
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 01:22 AM   #13
joshf2
striped

phoar, the ba bonnet bulge......
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 02:27 AM   #14
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

those scoops imo just completely eat away the classy,sporty european hatch look.
Just cheapens its image, makes it look like all those lancers and civics which have those exact same scoops.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 03:45 AM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Was that a factory accessory to compete with the Kia Rio ala Mini-Wrx...?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 31-12-2005, 05:01 PM   #16
tinex

well the boonet scoop from UK is 2 much,just delivery is 300$
and this 1 is not from WRX, the WRX its to big.
Old 31-12-2005, 05:09 PM   #17
tinex

i might look stupid but it takes crazy cold air
if i race ill bit u
last week i draged a vs v8 man went all the way with him not 1 inc back :baby bott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00554.JPG (61.2 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00558.JPG (51.7 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00555.JPG (43.2 KB, 46 views)
Old 31-12-2005, 05:30 PM   #18
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I dont think the air scoop is going to make you beat us... Its all about the way you drive, the mods you have, the grip you have (tyres) and the way you launch it.

And.... THERE IS A HOLE IN THE AIR FILTER BOX.... poor thing! Not to mention i guess you made a hole in the bonnet itself?

Well... IMO there are other ways to get air to where you want... WITHOUT unneccessary holes in metal!

I like the painted brakes idea, but did you paint the rear drums? Thats the only thing holding me back. I dont want to make the drums stand out.

Im crying with the air scoop. I think removing a fog light and putting a nice air tunnel would have been a better idea... or something from the grille. I just think the bonnet is very tacky and cheap looking. Like you said, it didnt cost alot. Did you get the bonnet professionally cut? Lets hope that rust doesnt start to build up where the hole is...

Old 31-12-2005, 05:37 PM   #19
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Q: Is your car an Auto?? - as u have a pipe attached the Throttle Pipe?

I dont mind the lester Kit bonnet as it looks mean not cheeep.

I would prefer a pod setup with JWRC vents on each side.
Old 31-12-2005, 05:43 PM   #20
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Q: Is your car an Auto?? - as u have a pipe attached the Throttle Pipe?

I dont mind the lester Kit bonnet as it looks mean not cheeep.

I would prefer a pod setup with JWRC vents on each side.
Um, was this sarcasm?

Also, i just realised... it is Auto. So Tinex, you still think your going to beat some of the manuals with more air? :

Old 31-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #21
tinex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
I dont think the air scoop is going to make you beat us... Its all about the way you drive, the mods you have, the grip you have (tyres) and the way you launch it.

And.... THERE IS A HOLE IN THE AIR FILTER BOX.... poor thing! Not to mention i guess you made a hole in the bonnet itself?

Well... IMO there are other ways to get air to where you want... WITHOUT unneccessary holes in metal!

I like the painted brakes idea, but did you paint the rear drums? Thats the only thing holding me back. I dont want to make the drums stand out.

Im crying with the air scoop. I think removing a fog light and putting a nice air tunnel would have been a better idea... or something from the grille. I just think the bonnet is very tacky and cheap looking. Like you said, it didnt cost alot. Did you get the bonnet professionally cut? Lets hope that rust doesnt start to build up where the hole is...
ok man im not planing of running a 2m long pipe just to get cold air if anything u make the engine lag coz of the lenght

an i dont think that i would catch rust coz its been made by a panel bitter

and u know who makes such remark "[B]Its all about the way you drive, the mods you have, the grip you have (tyres) and the way you launch it."
ppl that dont know how to drive

i dont know how much u know about intakes and cold air
but u ask any1 they'll tell u that cars run better when its cold or have access to cold air.
Old 31-12-2005, 06:13 PM   #22
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Um, was this sarcasm?

Also, i just realised... it is Auto. So Tinex, you still think your going to beat some of the manuals with more air? :
Didnt mean to come across sarcastic or anything if thats what it sounds like.
I think Tinex Fez, looks very unique, but its something i wouldnt never do ie hole in air box or bonnet.

But the pic xurbanx posted shows the fez looking a bit more mean, without going over the top.

At the en of the day, peoples do what they want to make them selves happy, so i respect that.
Old 31-12-2005, 06:15 PM   #23
tinex

the pic with the engine is mines witch is auto but the orange its my brothers and its man
we have the same intake
Old 31-12-2005, 06:17 PM   #24
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey Tinex, how u finding the AUTO, i LOVE IT
Old 31-12-2005, 06:19 PM   #25
tinex

the air box its been modified by a uk website
and the purpose of the airbox beeing so big its to reduce the eng noise

try running ur car with out air box and ull c the difference
Old 31-12-2005, 06:20 PM   #26
tinex

it lags a bit on start but ones it peaks up it goes
Old 31-12-2005, 06:31 PM   #27
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
ok man im not planing of running a 2m long pipe just to get cold air if anything u make the engine lag coz of the lenght

an i dont think that i would catch rust coz its been made by a panel bitter

and u know who makes such remark "[B]Its all about the way you drive, the mods you have, the grip you have (tyres) and the way you launch it."
ppl that dont know how to drive

i dont know how much u know about intakes and cold air
but u ask any1 they'll tell u that cars run better when its cold or have access to cold air.
Well... think logically... once your car is moving (say 40kmh... still first gear) the engine bay is already getting large amounts of air. And the air scoop wouldnt help take off... because there is no movement yet, so the air isnt going into the engine bay.

I guess you mean a panel beater? So all up, how much did you spend on getting a scoop? Doesnt seem cheap after the holes are done and irreversible.

No, actually... educated people make that comment. Im sure ive driven far more spirited driving then you have done. Ive been in a few spirited drive days with euro hatches... Keeping up to Clio 182 Cups, 206 GTIs and the like. Just because you have air... doesnt mean your going to beat Manual SS Commodores now. How you drive is the way you win. Ive also done a few defensive driving courses... so i think i know my limits well. I can beat SS Commodores in corners, hands down.... but on a straight, i doubt it! Its not rocket science.

And yes, cars do run better when they are cold. Lets just hope you arent driving on a REALLY rainy day... Rust in the engine anyone?

Old 31-12-2005, 06:36 PM   #28
tinex

if ur such expirienced races u wont be driving a fiesta
ull be driving something like polo gti or golf
Old 31-12-2005, 06:38 PM   #29
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
if ur such expirienced races u wont be driving a fiesta
ull be driving something like polo gti or golf
A Fiesta costs $22K.... the Golf costs $40K. Big Difference. Polo GTI wasnt out last year, was it now? Im sorry if im not a millionaire and cannot afford the depreciation costs involved with changing cars every year.

Old 31-12-2005, 06:39 PM   #30
tinex

my pedel its more sencitive now then what it was when i bought it
look by the end of the day its the little things that make a difference
bring any vs ss and ill give him a go
coz my mates where laughing aswell but they got proven wrong
think about it its double in weight