Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Default WA Warning to company vehicle drivers

A bit of info for those that like us, have been able to ignore fines from cameras, when we can not get driver info.

Extracted from an industry advisory notice from the Motor Trade Association:
"When a motor vehicle belonging to a corporation has been photographed by a red light camera or multanova radar, a Notice Requesting Information will be sent to businesses requiring the business to identify the driver of the vehicle within a fourteen (14) day period.
If the business does not respond in 14 days, or fails to identify the driver, .. then the business owners will be required to pay DOUBLE the amount of the fine.
Non payment .. will incur a conviction.. If the matter is not settled within a further 28 days (please refer further info on the attached pdf), then the vehicle may be deregistered.
On the 4th occasion when the business fails to notify the driver, the Director of the business will be summonsed to appear in Court ...

PLEASE BE ADVISED, that in order for the City of ****** to comply with these regulations, the following procedure must be followed:
1. Infringement notices to be forwarded immediately and with haste to the Fleet Administration Officer (FAO)
2. Within 2 hours of receiving the infringement the FAO will phone and email the normal driver of the vehicle
3. The normal driver of the vehicle must identify the driver at the time of the incident with 24 hours. This is the responsibility of the officer that is normally assigned the vehicle.
4. The identified driver of the vehicle at the time of the infringement must report to the FAO within 48 hours of the FAO notification to complete personal details and accept responsibility for the infringement. The driver is responsible for all fees and demerits received in accordance with the City of ****** Vehicle Schemes.
5. If no driver reports to complete the infringement form, within the 48 hours, FAO to notify the Fleet Manager whom will send a notice to the section Director.
6. If no driver reports to complete the infringement form within ten days of the date of the infringement, the FM will notify the CEO.
Thanks and drive safely

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

My boss was caught in QLD too. They knew it was his car.
If the company was to pay, it would have been $550.
Instead he paid $110, and lost 2 points!!!
Old 16-03-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

I got flashed in a company car about a month ago, havnt heard anything yet, touch wood.......
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 11:06 PM   #4
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Summons to appear in court on what charge?

Failing to work out which of his/her staff is lying?

I wonder if he Premier will be charged if the vehicles in question are public service?

Probably not.....

It is really lucky we have the best government money can buy.........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 11:28 PM   #5
Aussie_Geo
Aussie_Geo

John,

now mate i know your a quiet sedate driver....... this would not be a problem for us old farts.... company cars or not :Reverend:

Peter
Aussie_Geo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2006, 03:01 AM   #6
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Geo
John,

now mate i know your a quiet sedate driver....... this would not be a problem for us old farts.... company cars or not :Reverend:

Peter
Mate I would not have a clue who is driving my vehicles :

Actually I have started following the semis around the highways, in an effort to curb my tickets. Its fun, cause you normally pass the same lane swappers every lights.
I tell my crane drivers that traffic signals dont mean what you think.
Dead set mate no lie, you watch next time your coming to a set of lights and you will see;

Green light = Slow Down. This is to make the crane driver panic
Orange light = Speed up. Nothing new there I spose
And Red light = Change Lanes.. NOW! Gauranteed

Haha, so Pete are you in town for drags Ford v Holden

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post