Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-03-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
Kirky

Default Auction Prices?? *Melbourne*

Hi Guy's, Im considering stepping out of the AU and into a BA and was thinking about going to the auctions to buy! Does anyone have an idea what 04-05 XR6Turbo's are going for and Fairmont Ghia's here in Melbourne? And what Auctions are best to go to for these vehicles?

Cheers,

Kirky

Kirky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 08:02 PM   #2
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Have a look at www.pickles.com.au.
They probably have the best setup for listings and photos.

Or you can look at www.fowles.com.au, however I find their site annoying.

Personally I'd go to Pickles, but then again I DID go to Pickles when I bought my car.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #3
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I have been to both and can recommend pickles. Thats where I got my wagon.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 08:28 PM   #4
Kirky

Thanx guy's, any idea on prices before i buy there book?
Old 21-03-2006, 08:32 PM   #5
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

If you look at their site it will have expected prices on some of the cars listed.

Click on one of the upcoming auctions and it will have a listing of all the lots for sale, usually with pics and details, and some with prices.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

Old 21-03-2006, 08:49 PM   #6
Kirky

Thanx dude, couldnt find any prices on the cars i was looking at in melbourne but hey!

Cheers.
Old 21-03-2006, 09:05 PM   #7
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.pickles.com.au/ppp.html
Old 21-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #8
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Have a look at the ones listed in Sydney, they list prices on some, that should give you an idea.

Old 21-03-2006, 10:27 PM   #9
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Also check www.redbook.com.au This is pretty accurate with prices. _2:

Except for T3 TL50 when it says that the sale price of one would be low 30's. You but a TS for that not a TL.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #10
GTP-814
love the quad cams

I would also look at the QLD auction market as I have seen yard of cars ready for the auction near the airport freeway & all ex govt cars with low k's. I heard that one of them went broke recently, so someone will be looking to off load a lot of cars. Flights to bris so it wont cost you a lot to look either
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 10:58 PM   #11
fordy-two
Starter Motor

Smile

Pickles melbourne auctions allow you to "watch" their auctions online. You fill out minimal details and they email you a link to login in on. Doesn't work with non HTML enabled email, works fine with my Yahoo account.

Prices from 23 March, ex Government & lease cars, some with rego. I think there may be a buyers premium (7.5% ?) and you are up for rego in most cases :

11/04 BA Futura with side airbags 38000 km $17,600 (referred, maybe did not sell)

02/05 BA Futura with side airbags 35,000 km $18,500 (referred, maybe did not sell)

01/03 BA Fairmont(not Ghia) 62,000 km side airbags, irs, registered, $16,500 SOLD ! I should have bought this one !

10/04 BA2 Fairmont Ghia 49,000 km, side airbags, leather, irs, all Ghia extras $25,900 SOLD !

01/04 BA GA220 leather seats 33,500 km $31,800 SOLD !

09/01 AUII Forte 95,000 km $9,100 SOLD !

Late model Magnas (2004) for about 15,000.

2003 VY Acclaims with a/c , irs & side airbags 100,000 km for $13,800, earlier VXII models for 10,800 seemed to be real bargains.

Not the complete bargains I was expecting. I suspect Fowles is cheaper. Wait till the new financial year when the big boys (Telstra etc) update their fleets.

No XR6's today but on previous occassions 2003-2004 BA XR6's with most options were going for over $22,500 or $23,500, can't remember which. Fairmont Ghias at around $21,500 were going cheaper than XR6's !
fordy-two is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #12
FTGAutosalvage
Commercial Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordy-two
Pickles melbourne auctions allow you to "watch" their auctions online. You fill out minimal details and they email you a link to login in on. Doesn't work with non HTML enabled email, works fine with my Yahoo account.

Prices from 23 March, ex Government & lease cars, some with rego. I think there may be a buyers premium (7.5% ?) and you are up for rego in most cases :

11/04 BA Futura with side airbags 38000 km $17,600 (referred, maybe did not sell)

02/05 BA Futura with side airbags 35,000 km $18,500 (referred, maybe did not sell)

01/03 BA Fairmont(not Ghia) 62,000 km side airbags, irs, registered, $16,500 SOLD ! I should have bought this one !

10/04 BA2 Fairmont Ghia 49,000 km, side airbags, leather, irs, all Ghia extras $25,900 SOLD !

01/04 BA GA220 leather seats 33,500 km $31,800 SOLD !

09/01 AUII Forte 95,000 km $9,100 SOLD !

Late model Magnas (2004) for about 15,000.

2003 VY Acclaims with a/c , irs & side airbags 100,000 km for $13,800, earlier VXII models for 10,800 seemed to be real bargains.

Not the complete bargains I was expecting. I suspect Fowles is cheaper. Wait till the new financial year when the big boys (Telstra etc) update their fleets.

No XR6's today but on previous occassions 2003-2004 BA XR6's with most options were going for over $22,500 or $23,500, can't remember which. Fairmont Ghias at around $21,500 were going cheaper than XR6's !
alot of the XR's have side airbags too. police packs with lsd's aswell
FTGAutosalvage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #13
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

http://www.auctions.sa.gov.au/prices.php -

great for price comparisons with Pickles/Fowles and of course its a great place to buy, but its a fair way from melbourne.

Q-Fleet at zillmere in Brisbane is also a great auction to buy at, but alas they dont print the sale prices and once again its a bloody long way from melbourne

and dont forget pickles and fowles also run auctions from canberra, but i cant see why you couldnt pick up a nice BA II Xr6T in melbourne for anymore than say 28/9K.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 12:18 AM   #14
Xploded

I got my 2003 Ba XT at http://www.autogroup.com.au/Home/default.asp they will prob have some XR's there to I remember they had quite a few when I got my car. Didnt have a problem with them at all, just thought id mention them since thats where I got my car from.
Xploded is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 09:23 AM   #15
Kirky

Thanks heaps guy's. I will check it all out. Much appreciated.
Cheers.