Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #1
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Default Great Drag Racing Moments

With not much happening at the moment, I thought i would ask what have you seen at the drags that really sticks in the good part of your memory banks......

Theres a few for me like Al Hofmann in the team USA funny car at a calder street meet on a friday night came out for a shakedown run before the main event on the saturday and did a 1000ft burnout and rolled through the finish line backed it back and ran like 6.09 or something then came out on the saturday and ran his first ever five with a 5.87, that was spectacular.

Seeing Graeme Cowin run 4.89 @ 294.31 in Dec 1993 was special.

Seeing the Warlord Thunderbird run over 200MPH was cool.

Jim Carter v Al Hofmann in Adelaide in Nitro Funny Cars sitting in pre stage for what seemed like 2 minutes but was probably like 45 seconds finally staged then a smoke fest to the other end and the crowd went wild.

Romeo Capitanio's Funny Car days were always exciting....

Seen heaps in the USA but i don't 2 hours to type all that in so will leave it at that for now... : :

Cheers CC

Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post