Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-04-2006, 05:10 PM   #1
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Angry 3 cars crashed in one weekend!

Had a very interesting weekend this weekend.

Having recently bought a 100 acre property, I decided to invite some mates up for the weekend.

Was planned to be a great weekend. The BBQ was gassed up, the Beer was cold and the paddocks were so inviting I laid a few circles all alone!

It started to go sour when on Saturday night, as a mate was driving to the farm he crashed his car. He owns a VN Commodore - and yes he's a P plater - but this commodore has 42000kms on the clock, is original right down to the ugly snowflake rims, and is absolutely pampered. The car was immaculate. Until a kangaroo decided to jump out infront of him...

He was doing about 50 down a dirt road but his downfall was that he swerved to miss the roo (city kid) which he did quite successfully, although he ran off the road and pitched the front end into a tree stump. The front wheels were off the ground as the car was pitched nose on top of the stump. It took some creative jacking and a lot of rocks to get it off the tree stump with just three of us at 11 o'clock at night. got car off and rolled it slowly back to the farm. We decided it was not able to be driven back to Sydney (due to the destruction of the radiator and fan + lights) so we parked it in the shed and there it stayed for the rest of the weekend.

One car down.

The second car to be destroyed was a lot more entertaining. It was a dead paddock basher ('83 Ford Meteor Station Wagon) that we resurected after it had been pronounced dead about 18 months prior. We set the trip meter when it started. It made it three Ks before it died (for ever this time!) The poor thing was caned around the paddock doing handbrake turns, and it started running rougher and rougher until it wouldnt go any faster than about 10 km/h. The gearbox was trashed. So we pulled it apart again and got the engine running but the gearbox was still munted. Reverse gear it is! so the poor thing was sent backwards around the paddock a few more tims, before it was sent airborne backwards off a rabbit warren hill and was put beyond the abilities of our able, but rather inebriated team of bush mechanics.

Two cars down.

We drove back to Sydney on Sunday night and the parentals of the mate who crashed his commodore were pacified somewhat.
This morning it was back to the farm for me and mate to get the poor thing towed to a smash repairer.
Travelling along the same stretch of dirt road I came round a corner and hit a large rock that was in the middle of the freakin road (unearthed by a tractor we believe) the rock jammed against my rear right wheel and sent me sliding sideways accross the road and towards two large trees. I wasnt going to pull out of it so I floored it and put the back end around and thankfully got it in backwards between the trees. unfortunately as I went off the road sideways I pulled both passenger side tyres clean off the rim (went over the grader pile on the side of the road)

Thanks to the help of a local Station hand, both tyres were reseated and inflated and we were on our merry way.

My car needs a wheel alignment now, but luckily nothing too serious!

Mates car was not so lucky. Will require extensive repairs if not a write off.

Will post pics of cars when I get them off a mate.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Now thats how to spend a weekend

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
BlackLS

Where is this property? Could we have a AFF meet there sometime, perhaps have a Blow up an EA Falcon day? If it survives you keep it?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #4
Shonky

LOL.

You mean if it makes it up there in the first place I can keep it...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 'un
LOL.

You mean if it makes it up there in the first place I can keep it...

LOL pretty much. CFI burnouts here we come! (with the assistance of motor oil, soapy water, personal lubricant......)
Old 03-04-2006, 05:51 PM   #6
Shonky

Personal lubricant? I love my car as much as the next bloke but isnt that going a tad too far?

hehe... was some awesome burnouts done at night... had Thunderstruck pumping out of my open windows as I ripped up the paddock. High beam + HUGE dustcloud makes for an awesome effect. No photos taken unfortunately. :(

Note to self: regardless of audio effect created by playing loud music - NEVER DO BURNOUTS ON BULLDUST WITH THE WINDOWS DOWN... :yeees:

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Old 03-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #7
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

Why not hold a Commy bash, grab an old VB or VC, everyone chip in $20 for it and trash and burn it. I'd rather see that die than an EA
Old 03-04-2006, 06:00 PM   #8
Ultimate
Pimp Daddy Pimp Pimp

Location: Queensland Events Assistant Co-Ordinator. Fiery's Little Helper

Lol commo deserves it
---------------------------------------------------
AFF Merchandise

Excellent Purchases With: AFF Team, Rooster, Russ
Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #9
Shonky

4 of us are chipping in $25 each to buy a mates sisters written off Ford Laser (4 speed manual)

Mate works for a car transport company so it is being delivered on backload for free...

Its time to go: LASER!

Am actually on the hunt for bashers. Preferably with some rego left on them so we can get them up there. Bells Line of Rd isnt exactly car trailer friendly. Especially when your tow vehicle is a 4.0L ED Fairmont Ghia with P plates...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:

Last edited by Shonky; 03-04-2006 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Retarded
Old 03-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #10
Tiga_EL
Banned

Jeez.. what an awesome weekend.. id be pretty traumatised almost getting killed in like 2 car accidents on the same weekend.
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 07:12 PM   #11
aimzes
...fairly odd

Quote:
Why not hold a Commy bash, grab an old VB or VC, everyone chip in $20 for it and trash and burn it.
we had a few VH commos over the years for this purpose.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:38 PM   #12
Shonky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiga_EL
Jeez.. what an awesome weekend.. id be pretty traumatised almost getting killed in like 2 car accidents on the same weekend.
All was well luckily, no injuries to anyone (except sore heads in the morning - Jim Beam white label is dirty mind trashing paint stripper...)

It came close in my case to being rather nasty. Sideways into trees would probably have meant some injuries and definately a written off car. Luckily got its ИИИИ around before it hit. Was a nice parking job!

In the case of "Brown Sugar" the VN Commodore, the road he went off is lined with tall grass and soft earth embankments. in the whole 2km of road there is only ONE tree stump within crashing distance of the road. And he hit it of course. LOL. If he had of run off anywhere else it would have been fine but no... he had to hit the only immovable object on the whole road...

When my car went off, The first reaction was to ИИИИ ourselves laughing. The concept of both of us putting our cars off the same road in the space of 12 hours was just unbelievable. Had I hit something, it would have been a different story.

Still cant believe I managed to poke it between the trees. Was pure luck right thar...

Footnote: I feel I must point out that drinking and driving did not occur on any public roads. Once the grog came out, the gate stayed locked.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Old 03-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #13
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
Footnote: I feel I must point out that drinking and driving did not occur on any public roads. Once the grog came out, the gate stayed locked.
In Victoria you can still be booked for this, just so ya know ;) Dont know the details, but i know you can get done for it (drunk driving on private property) down here!
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 11:06 PM   #14
Shonky

ha?

Thats wacked... oh well. we werent ИИИИfaced. The mood was a tad too sombre after the destruction of a much loved VN.

Still though :o

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Old 04-04-2006, 07:03 AM   #15
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

sounds like a well spent weekend
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 08:01 AM   #16
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Sounds like great fun killing the Meteor. Well done Young'un.
As for drinking and drivng.. it was on your own private property and, given that you were clearly not a danger to anyone but yourselves and your own cars, I dont see the harm in it. Technically it is still illegal but so is jay walking.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 08:02 AM   #17
Dodge
i like to be stroked

keep crashing them dunnydores mate
Old 04-04-2006, 10:36 AM   #18
Shonky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
As for drinking and drivng.. it was on your own private property and, given that you were clearly not a danger to anyone but yourselves and your own cars, I dont see the harm in it. Technically it is still illegal but so is jay walking.
Well what do ya know... You learn something new everyday... :

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Old 04-04-2006, 10:47 AM   #19
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Sounds like great fun killing the Meteor. Well done Young'un.
Imagine the coppers setting up an RBT drivethrough in your backyard. :
Old 04-04-2006, 11:18 AM   #20
Shonky

LOL!

Id like to see them get the booze bus up the driveway! now THAT would be one hell of a photo!

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote: