Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-06-2006, 06:46 PM   #1
Swaytan
Swaytan

Default 16" Ford Wheels

Hey Guys,

As I will be getting some 17" wheels on my new Fez, how much do you reckon I could sell my 16" wheels for?

Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #2
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wanna sell them to me?
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #3
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
Wanna sell them to me?
Yeah, why not, I'll let you know when I've bought my new wheels. If you're still in the market, we'll make a deal!

Cheers mate!
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 02:19 PM   #4
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaytan
As I will be getting some 17" wheels on my new Fez, how much do you reckon I could sell my 16" wheels for?
I'm in the same boat Sway, Iv'e got new wheels for my Zetec and will be looking to sell the Ford 7 Spokes, how much do ya reckon they're worth?
Also remember you will need to keep 4 of the wheel nuts to suit ya "space saver spare", I didn't think about it initially until the tyre guy where I bought my new wheels said about it, apparantly if ya use the new nuts that come with ya new wheels on the space saver he reckons it will "wreck/crush" it.
Dont know if this is right, I was going to check out how much a set of 4 standard nuts are at Ford and buy some for the spare just in case he's right.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 03:16 PM   #5
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
apparantly if ya use the new nuts that come with ya new wheels on the space saver he reckons it will "wreck/crush" it.
Believe me it is true I put aftermarket nuts on my factory 17" and i was driving 100 down the freeway and the wheels were almost falling off....dumb tyre joint I went to. Never again im going to that one (The Tyre Factory in Thomastown Melbourne)

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #6
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
I'm in the same boat Sway, Iv'e got new wheels for my Zetec and will be looking to sell the Ford 7 Spokes, how much do ya reckon they're worth?
Also remember you will need to keep 4 of the wheel nuts to suit ya "space saver spare", I didn't think about it initially until the tyre guy where I bought my new wheels said about it, apparantly if ya use the new nuts that come with ya new wheels on the space saver he reckons it will "wreck/crush" it.
Dont know if this is right, I was going to check out how much a set of 4 standard nuts are at Ford and buy some for the spare just in case he's right.
depends on what type of nut the new ones are, I've never seen any problems in 16 years of playing with tyres.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #7
Sonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
Believe me it is true I put aftermarket nuts on my factory 17" and i was driving 100 down the freeway and the wheels were almost falling off....dumb tyre joint I went to. Never again im going to that one (The Tyre Factory in Thomastown Melbourne)
HAHAHA.... and I thought I was the only one who got shafted by those morons. New wheels were put onto our old EL, they scratched them the day they fitted them.
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 09:07 PM   #8
photn
AFF Post NAZI

so whats happened with the rims ppl, i might be interested in buying these. if the price is right. lol.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post