Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 26-02-2007, 07:54 AM   #1
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Default Commodore CLOWN!

I need to vent. :

Im pretty much used to all the stupid stuff people do around me and ususally avoid d/heads as much as i can... But this morning i had no where to go and was caught up in an unavoidable accident.

Its a wet morning, not raining, just the wet after the rain. Dry in patches.
So you think people would drive sensibly.
But no, the wet brings out the d/heads.

So this morning im waiting at a major set of lights waiting to turn right(two lanes turning right) waiting on my lonesome and a commy wagon(VR/S) pulls up along my left side, I think nothing of it. Light finally goes green and i move off. I start to straighten up and ive got a little speed up as it is a large intersection and i hear the commy wheel spinning beside me, he/she fish tails and falls back and then hits me. The hit in the back passenger rear quarter turns me around Ingall and Skaife style and i go almost backwards into some poor bastards landscaped front yard...
The Commy ****es off and im left to try and get my self out to no avail.
I managed to get a wooden star picket i collected in the process and wedged it under one of my wheels and rock back and forward and got myself out.

The only damage i can see at the moment is one of my rims is badly buckled from where i hit the gutter sliding backwards, im pretty lucky the tyre didnt pinch and blow out on me.
I'll have to get to a workshop and have the underside checked too to see whats hidden.

Was also pretty lucky the hit was in the same part i got hit on in the carpark the other week. That was caused by a Landcruiser i think. That person POQ'd too.

NOT happy JAN.... :

Old 26-02-2007, 08:08 AM   #2
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

Being a major set of lights (Like you say) go talk to the police and they'll go to whoever monitors the road network for that particular area and footage may have been taken of the accident.

I hope you get the bugger, I absolutely hate people who take off and don't face the consequences of their actions.
Old 26-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
LTDHO
The one and only

The lowest act is that they left and didn't stop.

People have no responsibility any more and just don't care.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 26-02-2007, 08:31 AM   #4
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't beleive they didn't stop, what a scumbag - make sure you report it to the police, they will follow it up.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 26-02-2007, 08:36 AM   #5
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

That friggin' bites.....

.....All that horsepower falling out of the sky always brings out the F'wits. The sad part is that the bloody moron probably laughed about it and then ran off to meet his pencil dick mates to brag, because you were in a Ford (he'll probably tell it like he beat you in a race off the lights and the inbreds he's telling will carry on as if he is some horsepower hero).
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Old 26-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #6
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandant
Being a major set of lights (Like you say) go talk to the police and they'll go to whoever monitors the road network for that particular area and footage may have been taken of the accident.
There is a camera at those lights.
I do have a mate who is a cop in my area, might see if he can pulls some strings.
I know the RTA monitor the cameras, now to hope it was pointed the right way.

On the upside, I cant see where i got pushed.
Its hidden by the last person from the other week...

Downside, looks like my back driverside shock is bent and my tranny has sprung a leak.
Funny thing is, I've ony just had that(tranny leak) fixed not too long ago... :yeees:
And my exhaust system seems to sit lower on one side more than the other now, probly broke an engine mount would be my guess.
Old 26-02-2007, 09:17 AM   #7
Ringo
I see you....

Unbelievable......the chicken sh-ts ran rather than face up to what they had done.

Commywhores do brilliant fish tails....sloppy suspension and excessive body roll will do that.......
Old 26-02-2007, 10:11 AM   #8
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Commodore CLOWN - notice how well it rolls off the tongue!
If the guy goes the same was to and from work everyday at the same time, maybe you will see him again. You could put an ad in the paper calling for witnesses. The cops won't care, he has probably already lost his license anyway. What can you do?
Old 26-02-2007, 08:24 PM   #9
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

If you remember the car wait untill you see it again and chase it down thats what ive done before. I be stupid in the wet but i make sure no body is around and theres nothing mayjor i can hit if i manage to loose it
Old 26-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #10
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndOwner
I need to vent. :

Im pretty much used to all the stupid stuff people do around me and ususally avoid d/heads as much as i can... But this morning i had no where to go and was caught up in an unavoidable accident.

Its a wet morning, not raining, just the wet after the rain. Dry in patches.
So you think people would drive sensibly.
But no, the wet brings out the d/heads.

So this morning im waiting at a major set of lights waiting to turn right(two lanes turning right) waiting on my lonesome and a commy wagon(VR/S) pulls up along my left side, I think nothing of it. Light finally goes green and i move off. I start to straighten up and ive got a little speed up as it is a large intersection and i hear the commy wheel spinning beside me, he/she fish tails and falls back and then hits me. The hit in the back passenger rear quarter turns me around Ingall and Skaife style and i go almost backwards into some poor bastards landscaped front yard...
The Commy ****es off and im left to try and get my self out to no avail.
I managed to get a wooden star picket i collected in the process and wedged it under one of my wheels and rock back and forward and got myself out.

The only damage i can see at the moment is one of my rims is badly buckled from where i hit the gutter sliding backwards, im pretty lucky the tyre didnt pinch and blow out on me.
I'll have to get to a workshop and have the underside checked too to see whats hidden.

Was also pretty lucky the hit was in the same part i got hit on in the carpark the other week. That was caused by a Landcruiser i think. That person POQ'd too.

NOT happy JAN.... :
Go speak to your local Sargent , the odds are if there are cameras they got his plate with anyluck .
Old 26-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #11
bEAn86

if only you took off quicker that commie would of missed u all together!
Old 26-02-2007, 11:06 PM   #12
SP.UTE1
Burning Up 98 Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bEAn86
if only you took off quicker that commie would of missed u all together!
Thats a good excuse, I'll try that on the next copper that pulls me up for having some fun.
BBB
Old 26-02-2007, 11:40 PM   #13
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Fuggen Gutless.
Old 27-02-2007, 12:06 AM   #14
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And you wonder why they don't cure cancer...
Old 27-02-2007, 01:10 AM   #15
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.pickles.com.au/servlet/Au...m_id=452015321

probably used to drive that too. at least your car aint that buggered!
Another commodore driver did that to my uncle in brisbane rear ended him and ****ed off... good thing was coolant was peesen out his car LOL... I LOVE TOWBARS

Felcen!
Old 27-02-2007, 01:25 AM   #16
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

I always wondered what would happen if someone did that at the lights... unfortunately for your sake I now know. What a complete arseclown. We can only hope that he put that Dunnydore around a pole (where it belongs).

I hope you don't get charged and I hope your insurer doesn't hold you responsible for the actions of that tosspot.
Old 27-02-2007, 01:45 AM   #17
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know where id put the star picket, splinters and all if you found them.
Old 27-02-2007, 01:57 AM   #18
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

i think your a duffa for not going to the Police? (slaps himself)
Old 27-02-2007, 03:01 AM   #19
Scott

So what did the guy who owns the torn up front yard think?
Old 27-02-2007, 07:47 AM   #20
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77
Go speak to your local Sargent , the odds are if there are cameras they got his plate with anyluck .
I got one of the guys from work to go up to the intersection.
The traffic camera was pointing in neither the direction we came from or was going.
The police say that they need more to go on and that i should be glad there isnt more damage, which i am.
So they have logged it for future reference.
At the moment all i know is that it was a white VR/S Wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
I hope you don't get charged and I hope your insurer doesn't hold you responsible for the actions of that tosspot.
Im not claiming on it, not enough to warrant the excess and then the hike in next years premium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
So what did the guy who owns the torn up front yard think?
He wasnt happy at all. Although he recognises it wasnt my fault.
He only just landscaped the front on the weekend, new plants and woodchip.
And being that my car was buried up to the axel, I dug trenches... :
I helpt him out and cleaned it up a bit with him.
Old 27-02-2007, 09:31 AM   #21
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

That sucks. Go to the police and request a release of CCTV. They'll help you out. Makes you wonder why the guy didn't stop, *******!
Old 27-02-2007, 10:46 PM   #22
jarridtheruler
I wish I was offshore....

Its a shame that people like this are allowed to live in our society, and breathe our air!
Old 27-02-2007, 11:54 PM   #23
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

delete
Old 27-02-2007, 11:55 PM   #24
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by samftr
http://www.pickles.com.au/servlet/Au...m_id=452015321

probably used to drive that too. at least your car aint that buggered!
Another commodore driver did that to my uncle in brisbane rear ended him and ****ed off... good thing was coolant was peesen out his car LOL... I LOVE TOWBARS
I wonder what he did to over ride the stability control?
I thought acid rush was a gold BA colour. That looks more like TOXIC to me.
Old 28-02-2007, 12:19 AM   #25
samftr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what you talkin bout willis, that will buff out mate.
like brocky said about his vr in the across australia race: Its just minor superficial damage...

\i ono, but it went rolly polly and brokeded it bad.

Felcen!
Old 28-02-2007, 12:31 AM   #26
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Makes a point for having cameras in cars so they can be called on if needed.
More than likely, if you were going to work then he was too and you might come across him again. I bet your eyes will be scanning for that car from now on in.
Old 28-02-2007, 09:24 AM   #27
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Did this happen on the way to work?

Reason i ask if this other person was also on the way to work around the same general time, chances are they use that road daily/regularly at the same time each day.
Might be worth your while to go early tommorow and wait to see if he/she shows up, then get thier rego number. How would they know how you got it?
You could have seen it as they drove away after the accident, and hey presto you can give the rego number to your insurer of the third party responsible. that way you should not have to pay an excess.
Old 28-02-2007, 06:52 PM   #28
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

It happened on the way home from work.
Work has made me fill out a work cover form to document it.

I havnt seen the car before as far as im aware.
I do see alot of cars that are familiar, even on person from this forum infact.

I'll keep my eyes peeled and see if i can see the car next time.
Unfortunatly i cant go around taking the plates of every white VR/S wagon i see.

I'd quickly have a long list :rolleyes:

On the bright side.
Looks like ive only got one 12slot rim to replace and a slight ding to push out.
I've still got to have a better look at my engine mounts though.
All else looked OK when i had it up on the hoist today
Old 01-03-2007, 12:14 AM   #29
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndOwner

I'll keep my eyes peeled and see if i can see the car next time.
Unfortunatly i cant go around taking the plates of every white VR/S wagon i see.

I'd quickly have a long list :rolleyes:

Silly boy,
The only plates you need to take are white VR/S commodore wagons with a dent in the same place as the one that hit your car.
That should at least halve the list
Old 03-08-2007, 11:32 PM   #30
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thinking of you today AC mate. I was waiting at traffic lights in rain this morning and from the street on the left comes, guess what, a Commodore VR/S wagon turning right. Not all that fast but he totally loses traction and next thing is spinning around doing the Blue Danube Waltz all over the road next to me. Then I see his front end starting to proceed in the direction of my drivers door (he was actually accelerating WTF!!!!) I decided to get out of the way the only way I could - driving into the intersection through the red light. Luckily there were no other cars and no camera (how would you explain that one?), last I saw he was sliding slowly in a backwards direction into the opposite kerb and starting to extract himself in front of an appreciative audience. I could have been in your situation easily.

Wonder if he slowed down after that or just kept on driving beyond the roadholding capability of his car?